Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2017, 11:07   #1501
NH7
BHPian

Pls see post #1480 for an updated list of eateries on this route. Compact but comprehensive info by RanjithP.
Regarding sightseeing only Golkonda fort comes to mind. Aim to be there between 4.30- 5pm though, gives you enough daylight to see the architecture+ the dusk slot for the laser show. Roads should be in good nick too after the recent VIP visits.
NH7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 22:30   #1502
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH7 View Post
Pls see post #1480 for an updated list of eateries on this route. Compact but comprehensive info by RanjithP.
Regarding sightseeing only Golkonda fort comes to mind. Aim to be there between 4.30- 5pm though, gives you enough daylight to see the architecture+ the dusk slot for the laser show. Roads should be in good nick too after the recent VIP visits.
Good suggestion. Please bear in mind that the Sound and Light show is during evening hours, when there are lots of mosquitoes. Please go prepared.

You can visit Charminar, Chowmohallah Palace and Salar Jung museum---these 3 will take half a day. Better to park you car at the hotel and Uber to these locations.

Then there is the Birla Temple and Planetarium beside it. The laser show and boat rides from Lumbini Park are also close to Birla Temple. A drive around Tank Bund and Necklace road nearby is also good.

A drive to Hitec City and Gachibowli is recommended if you want to see the IT corridor.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 07:49   #1503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Good suggestion. Please bear in mind that the Sound and Light show is during evening hours, when there are lots of mosquitoes. Please go prepared.
Thanks guys for the recommendations. I will be staying in Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Banjara Hills and the plan is as follows:

Day 1: Reach Hyderabad by afternoon and visit Lumbini Park in the evening

Day 2: Ramoji Film city

Day 3: Chowmahalla Palace, Salar Jung Museum, Sudha Cars, Mecca Masjid and Charminar (late night)

Day 4: Nehru Zoological Park, Golkonda Fort, Birla Mandir and Planetarium.

Day 5: Back to Bangalore

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 15:23   #1504
Senior - BHPian

Guys i need some input on Eateries along the Bangalore to Hyderabad stretch.
Especially if i start from bangalore around 5AM, what should be my breakfast halt (around 7:30ish) I have never driven on this route so thought of asking the group here.
Old 21st December 2017, 16:19   #1505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Especially if i start from bangalore around 5AM, what should be my breakfast halt (around 7:30ish) I have never driven on this route so thought of asking the group here.
Bluemoon - Near Anantpur
Suraj Grand - At Kurnool

Ideally Bluemoon will work for your start time as it will be ~3 hours max from city center.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 20:24   #1506
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Especially if i start from bangalore around 5AM, what should be my breakfast halt (around 7:30ish)
Some folks hate bluemoon for their pathetic service, so do take a look at these earlier posts also:
1. Some breakfast options https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4290036 (Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries)

2. A comprehensive list by Ranjit - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4308508
Old 21st December 2017, 21:33   #1507
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Some folks hate bluemoon for their pathetic service, so do take a look at these earlier
We ourselves hated their 'service' last time we all went for the last Team BHP meet .

It was just the service which was slow and nothing else, that too because we were almost 12 people in a table that day.

It still remains a good choice to stop.
Old 21st December 2017, 22:03   #1508
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:

So here is my favourite. Nagasamudram Gate or NS gate as it is called. Take that left and head a kilometer into that road. You have Idly shacks. Awesome hot idlys along with masala vada and medu vadas with spicy chutney. They are just hot and awesome. Only draw back is no restrooms. The taste and quality of food is amazing. Use the restrooms at Bluemoon.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 21st December 2017 at 22:14.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 00:22   #1509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
So here is my favourite. Nagasamudram Gate or NS gate as it is called. Take that left and head a kilometer into that road. You have Idly shacks. Awesome hot idlys along with masala vada and medu vadas with spicy chutney. They are just hot and awesome. Only draw back is no restrooms. The taste and quality of food is amazing. Use the restrooms at Bluemoon.
Take a left where? Is it near Blue Moon? A map link will surely help.
Old 22nd December 2017, 07:28   #1510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Take a left where? Is it near Blue Moon? A map link will surely help.

At around 160-170 kms from Bangalore you get signage stating Nagasamudram gate. That is where you have to take a left from the highway and drive a kilometer. You will cross a railway gate on this road.

This road is actually a loop. You rejoin the highway on the other side.

Sorry not able to pick the exact location on google.

I am headed to Hyderabad at the end of the month. Will upload the location and photos for the benefit of the forum.
Old 22nd December 2017, 07:59   #1511
BHPian

Quote:
At around 160-170 kms from Bangalore you get signage stating Nagasamudram gate. That is where you have to take a left from the highway and drive a kilometer. You will cross a railway gate on this road.

From description it looks to be around here
vagabond128 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:55   #1512
BHPian

When we were returning from Mantralaya, we were looking for a veg restaurant for our supper. Unable to find any on the highway, we decided to venture out into Anatapuram town.

After searching for about half an hour, we found a veg restaurant called 'Petals' which is a part of 'Hotel Masineni Grand'. This place had decent food and restrooms. It would be open till 10.30 PM. Parking may be a bit of a problem if you go there during peak hours though.

Thought I would add it here for those looking for a decent family-friendly veg restaurant with restrooms as there isn't any in the vicinity of Anantapuram on the highway AFAIK.
theredliner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 15:32   #1513
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
After searching for about half an hour, we found a veg restaurant called 'Petals' which is a part of 'Hotel Masineni Grand'.
I think by far this is one of the best if not the best restaurant in Anantapur.

We were quite unlucky since we reached this place last Saturday for a late lunch around 3:45pm, the restaurant had closed just then.

*Do not take the Government Hospital Road in Anantapur that leads from the Bangalore highway (NH 7/44) to the hotel. There is a long flyover being constructed on this road, and it's very messy with lots of diversions.

Also saw a new Suraj Grand hotel coming up quite close to Masineni Grand, but not sure if its's already open, not much information online as well. This could be another alternative once operational.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 22:01   #1514
BHPian

Quote:

I am headed to Hyderabad at the end of the month. Will upload the location and photos for the benefit of the forum.
The road is the old highway, and the current one is built as part of 4 laning, it avoids most rly gates and towns
Definitely nice new addition to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond128 View Post
From description it looks to be around here
Thanks for the link.

btw, at devanahalli a new Udupi restaurant opened, and tried it as part of Christmas weekend drive. didn't meet my expectations wrt taste, while taste is a subjective one.
HP petrol bunk at gooty now has a CCD along with it. (right after toll booth while going towards hyd)

Last edited by sriturl : 4th January 2018 at 22:07.
Old 10th January 2018, 11:47   #1515
BHPian

Drove from Bangalore to Hyderabad on Jan 6. It was pleasant and smooth drive. Not much traffic at all compared to other NH in east/south/west. Good lunch at Gooty.
Lot of traffic after Jadcherla to HYD.

Left Uttarahalli at 7.30am and reached Botanical Garden Road at 3.30pm including 3 breaks. Total toll came to around Rs.710. Toll charges are really high.
Nehru ORR is much much better than NICE Road. Really liked it. The exits/entry points are very nicely planned. Paid Rs.30 from Gandipet to Gachibowli.

Did not notice speed sensors around Bagepalli/Devanahalli. But most of the folks were driving 120-140kmph due to sparse traffic.

Does anyone know where are speed guns installed in this route?

Most Viewed