Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2018, 02:32   #1546
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Drove Hyderabad-Bangalore-Hyderabad over the weekend. (May 26/27). Roads are in good condition. Few rough patches and undulated roads which can made ride bit tossed up on the Kurnool - Gooty stretch. Speed breakers between Gooty - Anantapur stretch. Also the Anantapur - Bangalore stretch have speed breakers. Kurnool - Hyderabad stretch is the best stretch in the Hyderabad - Bangalore route. I'd say this is one of the better roads in India. Food Pyramid and Hyway lounge were the 2 food stops.
Old 30th May 2018, 16:47   #1547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
Drove Hyderabad-Bangalore-Hyderabad over the weekend. (May 26/27). Speed breakers between Gooty - Anantapur stretch. Also the Anantapur - Bangalore stretch have speed breakers. Kurnool -

Gooty to Anathapur

Pamidi river bridge has got speed breakers.

Kalluru town has multiple small speed breakers at 3 of the intersections.These have come up newly.

But cant break at speeds.
Old 30th May 2018, 20:27   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Gooty to Anathapur

Pamidi river bridge has got speed breakers.

Kalluru town has multiple small speed breakers at 3 of the intersections.These have come up newly.

But cant break at speeds.
Drove yesterday.
Started from India Paratha Company at 10:40.
Took 2 fuel halts, 2 mango shopping halts and 1 lunch break at Amazon Kitchen just before Kurnool (good tasty delicious but spicy chicken biryani and below average curd rice, efficient service, reasonable, clean washrooms, covered parking).
Crossed Shamshabad at 16:30.
No issues with any tolls, FasTag worked everywhere. Raikal was crowded and by sheer chance, was in FasTag lane (Lane 3) which was fastest moving.
Traffic was sparse, maybe due to peak summers.
Wanted to halt at the Korean cum Japanese supermarket at Somandepalli but missed the turn as last few direction boards are now missing.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 11:36   #1549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Wanted to halt at the Korean cum Japanese supermarket at Somandepalli but missed the turn as last few direction boards are now missing.
Is this the store you are referring to? https://goo.gl/maps/qk9ZjwqFX3A2
Old 31st May 2018, 16:48   #1550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Is this the store you are referring to? https://goo.gl/maps/qk9ZjwqFX3A2
Yes. But didn't have the patience to switch on google maps or search google or even ask around at the turning.
Old 14th June 2018, 14:54   #1551
BHPian

Recently I have completed 3 bangalore-hyderabad trip by my Ecosport Diesel. Mostly I start on Friday night to reach bangalore early morning then head back to hyderabad on Sunday late night or Monday early morning to reach hyderabad by 11 AM. I could complete the onward journey in around 8 hours but return journey takes somewhere 9-10 hours. The stretch is really good except some speed breakers, I don't remember the place as my only motto has been to reach the destination safe and sooner. Moreover I am the only person in the car so it's difficult to make notes.

I am due to do this trip once again tomorrow and would keep in my mind to answer if anyone has any specific query about the route/road condition/eatery etc on coming Monday.
Old 19th June 2018, 17:32   #1552
Senior - BHPian

Traveled last weekend to Banglore and back.

New restaurant about 20 kms after Kurnool towards Gooty called Amazon Kitchens.

Dolphin and Hyderabad Chefs at Anathapur Bypass.

Garladinne town bypass has 3 highway intersections and all have speed breakers.

Need more Fast tag exits at Raikal toll Plaza. Looks like the counters are being revamped but Fast tag exit is real pain with huge lorries unable to negotiate the turns due to construction activity

Last edited by gajadonga : 19th June 2018 at 17:52.
gajadonga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 18:37   #1553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Traveled last weekend to Banglore and back.

New restaurant about 20 kms after Kurnool towards Gooty called Amazon Kitchens.

Dolphin and Hyderabad Chefs at Anathapur Bypass.
Good to know that more food joints are opening up. I guess the one that is 20 kms after Kurnool is somewhere around Veldurthy or Bommireddipalle.

I am curious to know what you mean by Ananthapur Bypass. Is it after that big temple, and before the flyover that goes over the town?
Old 19th June 2018, 22:55   #1554
Senior - BHPian

It is after the big temple after the flyover towards Banglore from Hyderabad. After Mahindra motors on the highway

Last edited by gajadonga : 19th June 2018 at 22:58.
Old 21st June 2018, 12:03   #1555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam1024 View Post
Recently I have completed 3 bangalore-hyderabad trip by my Ecosport Diesel. Mostly I start on Friday night to reach bangalore early morning then head back to hyderabad on Sunday late night or Monday early morning to reach hyderabad by 11 AM. I could complete the onward journey in around 8 hours but return journey takes somewhere 9-10 hours. The stretch is really good except some speed breakers, I don't remember the place as my only motto has been to reach the destination safe and sooner. Moreover I am the only person in the car so it's difficult to make notes.

I am due to do this trip once again tomorrow and would keep in my mind to answer if anyone has any specific query about the route/road condition/eatery etc on coming Monday.

10:15 PMish start from Gachibowli, had quick dinner (Roti & Dal Tadka) after Jadcherla and thereafter I jad drive cautiously in the mild rain till 25-35 km before Kurnool. The volvo buses ahead of me kept on puring more water on my car making my driveability more tough. Post Kurnool it was quite travel. Stopped at CCD (at the right hand side of the highway at ~301KM towards bangalore from hyderabad) for about 30-45 minutes. Asked for strong black coffee to get fresh and to be able to drive for another 260 KM. Had another cappuccino after the black coffee and I was all set to start afresh.

I felt that I am more prone to feel sleepy at dawn. Had chewing gum in my mouth to keep myself busy. Had my headlights ON until it was totally bright outside just to allow people/ vehicle coming from other side to know that a vehicle is coming.

Reached home at 7:15AM. The family was surprised to see me knocking the door !

The road condition is really good. Except the first toll on Hyd-Blr route due to upgradation of toll entry and exits. Even I am of the opinion that now we should have more FasgTag counters at toll plazas. I particularly did not feel the burnt of waiting as I generally travel during odd hours. But it would really be pathetic if someone has to wait for a longer time at toll plazas just because he has FasTag.

Apart from 5-6 restaurants on the highway I believe having CCD is a great relief in terms of spending some time. Especially during night journeys where one can feel safe and actually rest for some time. The staffs there are really courteous. I paid them the bill from PayTM and they said that I would get a 15% cash back as well. It was instant. Also, noticed, twice by now, that Bagepalli & Ananthpur toll plazas actually keep the FasTag counter blocked especially during late nights. I did not get to understand the logic behind that. Upon honKong they either remove the blockage or ask you to reverse and come on to another counter.

Overall a nice & pleasant journey.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd June 2018 at 08:50. Reason: Please avoid typing like...this.....
Anupam1024 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 20:23   #1556
Senior - BHPian

List of updated eateries on NH44/AH43

https://goo.gl/GUdXzM
ranjitp1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 16:44   #1557
Senior - BHPian

Quick update.

Traveled last weekend to Banglore and back. The route is awesome just updating the speed breakers.

Dhone bypass both at entry and exit of the bypass. Pennar river crossing. Pamidi has 3 exits to the town from the bypass all 3 have speed breakers.
Before entry to Anathapur bypass. Anathpur bypass just opposite to the Dolphin restaurant. Ammavaripalli bypass. Palasamudram bypass. Finally at Bagepalli.

The most troublesome is between Pamidi and Anathpur. Especially driving in the night have to just run over at good speeds. Low ground clearance vehicles will be finding it difficult
to negotiate. I saw a lot of bikers doing their rides they should be careful between Pamidi and Ananthpur.

The speed restrictions breaker between Beechupalli and Kurnool are far better way than to keep the speed breakers that are placed between Pamidi and Anathpur my thoughts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th August 2018 at 17:15. Reason: Formatted for better readability.
Old 7th August 2018, 22:56   #1558
BHPian

Quote:
The route is awesome just updating the speed breakers.
IMO, the most notorious speed breakers of the lot are before Lepakshi entrance. Notorious because there are unmarked with no prior indications and most likely you are going to hit it at decent speed especially so at night. We had to resort to panic braking on previous occasions to avoid getting thrown out of our seats. These speed breakers are the poorly designed ones you encounter on street roads, not highways. Folks familiar with this section will know how dangerous they are. On the last few trips I reduce the speeds right after Bagepalli toll in anticipation.
strawhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2018, 10:04   #1559
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Time to report to NHAI. Here is the contact. https://nhai.org/Grievance.asp
The only way to improve the situations. Let's all log complaints.
manjubp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 17:00   #1560
BHPian

Travelled on Bangalore - Hyderabad route once again on 28th August 2018.

The fast tag lane was closed at around 12:30 PM at the toll plaza just after kurnool city. I was asked to join the lane which was already queued up by over 10 vehicles. Out of 5 lanes other 2 normal lanes were also closed. In total 3 lanes were closed. Not sure what is the benefit of having fastag.

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-20180828_123008.jpg
Anupam1024 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed