Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2020, 00:37   #1651

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshsm12 View Post
Do we need to apply for any pass for AP when traveling between BLR-HYD? Understand that no pass is needed for entering Telangana. We are also thinking about driving via Raichur to avoid the hassles of applying passes for driving thru AP.
I also need to travel from Hyderabad to Bangalore and then back next day. Did you travel? Are we required to have pass for AP?
Old 26th June 2020, 21:59   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi_ranjan View Post
Did you travel? Are we required to have pass for AP?
Hi Ravi,
Haven't travelled yet but did try to fill up the AP e-pass details without luck :(
Old 2nd July 2020, 07:36   #1653
BHPian

I'm planning to travel from Bangalore to Hyderabad tomorrow. I'm still undecided on the route to take because I'm not sure about if I'll be allowed to pass through AP without a pass. The AP epass website doesn't have an option to request a transit pass.

I'm planning to come back the next day and have a Seva Sindhu pass for the route via Raichur (all slots at Bagepally are exhausted for the next 10 days). Can someone tell me what the Raichur route condition is like? Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd July 2020, 13:52   #1654

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauphylover View Post
I'm planning to travel from Bangalore to Hyderabad tomorrow. I'm still undecided on the route to take because I'm not sure about if I'll be allowed to pass through AP without a pass. The AP epass website doesn't have an option to request a transit pass.

I'm planning to come back the next day and have a Seva Sindhu pass for the route via Raichur (all slots at Bagepally are exhausted for the next 10 days). Can someone tell me what the Raichur route condition is like? Thanks in advance.
Wish you a safe and Happy journey.

Do let me know once you have traveled on road condition and restrictions.
Old 6th July 2020, 19:33   #1655

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauphylover View Post

Hi

Did you travl to bangalore. If yes please update on the situation
Old 6th July 2020, 21:34   #1656
BHPian

Hi Ravi,

Yes, I traveled both ways without issues.

B'luru - Hyd: pretty straightforward trip via the normal route. got stopped by police after I entered AP but they let me go once I told them I was going to Hyd and showed them address proof. 600km/8h/17.x kmpl

Hyd - B'luru: As I said above, I had a pass for entry via Raichur. I could have tried my luck by going on the normal route but I didn't. The route I ended up taking was: Hyderabad - Raichur - Manvi - Sindhanur - Gangavathi - Chitradurga - Bengaluru. Link - https://goo.gl/maps/J2zGh6CKC31cuY4Q8. The first half of the journey (i.e., till Gangavathi) took about 7.5h and the next half took 4h (excluding time for breaks). That should tell you what to expect.
A quick summary:
Mahabubnagar - Raichur = slow going. some roads under construction and you have to slow down at every village
Raichur - Manvi - Sindhanur - Gangavathi = better roads but you'll go through lots of villages and have to deal with at least 2-4 sets of speed breakers at every village.
Gangavathi - Budugumpa = twisty, good quality country roads, sparsely populated, beautiful scenery, enjoyable to drive
Budugumpa - Chitradurga - Bengaluru = Proper 4 lane highway until Chitradurga and 6-lane from there until Tumkur. It was a relief to finally get going.
Stats - 750km/12h/15.x kmpl

PS: The folks at the Raichur checkpost said I can go via Bagepalli too but I didn't fully believe them. The police at the checkpost barely looked at my epass. No home-quarantine stamps either. Not to mention - lots of crowding at the police checkpoint. Very poor implementation.

PS2: Our 6-month-old Civic did great. Was a pretty comfy ride throughout in spite of some bad roads. I wish the acceleration was a little stronger (it gets better in S but it's still just par) but hey, I knew what I was buying. Overall, pretty pleased with it.
kauphylover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 19:31   #1657
BHPian

Hey Guys,
I'm planning on traveling to Hyderabad this month but I had a few doubts.
1. I understand that there is a Home Quarantine once you enter Bangalore. I wanted to know if it's being strictly enforced or did they not stop you on the way back at all.
2. Are there ample amount of fuel stations on the way (to and fro).
3. Do you still require E-Passes for entering all three states (KA, AP and TS).

Thank you!
Old 5th August 2020, 19:51   #1658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Hey Guys,
1. I understand that there is a Home Quarantine once you enter Bangalore. I wanted to know if it's being strictly enforced or did they not stop you on the way back at all.
Not sure how they track people but there have been reports of people getting fined for breaking quarantine. Also, if you have a travel history, most RWAs expect you to declare the same and they might keep a tab on you.

Back in mid-May, when I arrived in the city, I received one call after my quarantine period ended, from the Taluk office asking about my travel date and confirming that my quarantine period has ended. Again there have been reports of Police visiting home for verification but I am sure those cases are far and few in between.

Quote:

Thank you!
You will find a fuel station every 100-150 kms on both sides of the highway. For travel, you need a pass from the destination state and do carry address proof of the destination.

Safe travels!

Last edited by ashis89 : 5th August 2020 at 19:54.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 19:54   #1659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Not sure how they track people but there have been reports of people getting fined for breaking quarantine. Also, if you have a travel history, most RWAs expect you to declare the same and they might keep a tab on you.

Back in mid-May, when I arrived in the city, I received one call after my quarantine period ended, from the Taluk office and asking about my travel date and confirming that my quarantine period has ended.

You will find a fuel station every 100-150 kms on both sides of the highway. For travel, you need a pass from the destination state and do carry address proof of the destination.

Safe travels!
Thank you for providing clarity. Let's hope things have become better after Unlock 3.0.

Thanks once again.
Old 5th August 2020, 20:46   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Hey Guys,

Thank you!
Hey buddy... Plz find answers to your queries.

1 - In Hyderabad there is no such official quarantine rule in Telangana. If stopped in AP border, you just need to inform them that you are travelling to Hyderabad.

2 - Don't you worry about it. You'll find enough.

3 - I don't think after Unlock 3.0 there are any such requirements of e-passes from any states. Just cross check the guidelines once to get it confirmed.

Happy & Safe journey!!!
samkat1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 21:34   #1661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
Hey buddy... Plz find answers to your queries.

1 - In Hyderabad there is no such official quarantine rule in Telangana. If stopped in AP border, you just need to inform them that you are travelling to Hyderabad.

2 - Don't you worry about it. You'll find enough.

3 - I don't think after Unlock 3.0 there are any such requirements of e-passes from any states. Just cross check the guidelines once to get it confirmed.

Happy & Safe journey!!!
Thank you guys for your inputs. Hoping it's a smooth drive both ways.
Old 4th September 2020, 22:32   #1662
BHPian

Has anyone done this trip after unlock 4 guidelines were issued? Do we still require a transit pass for AP?
Old 13th September 2020, 22:34   #1663
BHPian

Has anyone travelled from Hyderabad to Bangalore or vice versa recently? How are the road conditions considering the monsoon now?
Old 13th September 2020, 23:00   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Has anyone travelled from Hyderabad to Bangalore or vice versa recently? How are the road conditions considering the monsoon now?
A friend of mine travelled to Bengaluru from Hyderabad yesterday. The roads are in good shape.
samkat1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 08:06   #1665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
A friend of mine travelled to Bengaluru from Hyderabad yesterday. The roads are in good shape.
Thanks samkat1. Did your friend have to stop at AP borders for transit pass?

Most Viewed