Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2021, 09:33   #1771
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
I got one speeding ticket, just after crossing the AP-Telangana border, which was updated online (no jumping in front of the car business a-la Bangalore).
This is a real concern. This road is so boring to drive, one can easily doze off at the wheel. Is there any pattern we can use to avoid these tickets? Like 20 minutes before and after major police station limits (Ananthapur, Kurnool, Jadcherla, etc.)? Where to check online if I have any pending speeding tickets?
Old 7th July 2021, 20:26   #1772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
This is a real concern. This road is so boring to drive, one can easily doze off at the wheel. Is there any pattern we can use to avoid these tickets? Like 20 minutes before and after major police station limits (Ananthapur, Kurnool, Jadcherla, etc.)? Where to check online if I have any pending speeding tickets?
This was just after Kurnool, at a place called Undavelly. So, for this check, stick to the speed limits (i.e. 80kmph) for around 20-30 kms from the AP-Telangana border.

You can check your Telangana challans (if any) on https://echallan.tspolice.gov.in/publicview/
Aiel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 22:30   #1773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This was just after Kurnool, at a place called Undavelly. So, for this check, stick to the speed limits (i.e. 80kmph) for around 20-30 kms from the AP-Telangana border.

You can check your Telangana challans (if any) on https://echallan.tspolice.gov.in/publicview/
Good information, thanks for sharing. But are there any boards indicating the limit of 80 kmph? And is the limit 100 kmph the rest of the highway?
Old 11th July 2021, 19:57   #1774
BHPian

I couldn't find any such signage. These cameras are not fixed. It's basically, cameras placed within patrol vehicles.
Old 12th July 2021, 12:30   #1775
BHPian

What's a good place to stop for a decent breakfast if departure from Bengaluru is at 3.30 a.m.?
Old 12th July 2021, 12:50   #1776
Senior - BHPian

Anathapur bypass
Gooty
Both places u can stop on the highway good restaurants with wash rooms are available
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 12:40   #1777
Distinguished - BHPian

I drove from Bangalore to Hyderabad on Saturday. Started from Bellandur around 6:30AM and reached Serilingampally by 2PM (includes 3-4 small breaks of 5-10 mins each).

I was expecting the speed cams around Kurnool. Hence, I slowed down and kept an eye on speed signs and Interceptor vehicles. Didn't find any. No checking anywhere throughout the route.

The last time, I went on this road was in Nov '20. Earlier, at Devanahali toll, one had the option to opt for the KIA lanes or escape on the right most lane towards Hyderabad and pay-up at the next toll gate. This time I noticed, this escape route is gone and one has to pass through the Fastag lane; money is deducted here (Rs.95). You again pass through the Fastag lane at the next toll gate (barely 1Km away) but transaction record shows money was not deducted at the second gate.

Last edited by ashis89 : 19th July 2021 at 12:57.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 12:58   #1778
BHPian

I plan to drive down to Hyd via the usual BLR->HYD highway but read about bad rains. Has anybody travelled last 1-2 days? Is it really that bad?
Old 23rd July 2021, 13:10   #1779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk01 View Post
I plan to drive down to Hyd via the usual BLR->HYD highway but read about bad rains. Has anybody travelled last 1-2 days? Is it really that bad?
Rains are going to be there - shouldn’t stop you driving. Pull over to the side and wait somewhere safe like a petrol pump for a while if visibility gets too bad. As long as you have good tyres and fresh / not worn out wipers you should be fine.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 14:03   #1780
BHPian

Quote:

Is there a central place to check for all challans raked up in different states?

I have just let my cousin with a KA registered car, who travels frequently between Bangalore & Hyderabad know that his unpaid challans in Andhra (https://apechallan.org/) is running into few thousand bucks! Majority of them are from the same place: NEAR DED COLLEGE, NH-44, ULINDAKONDA KURNOOL

Last edited by papr23 : 23rd July 2021 at 14:05.
Old 23rd July 2021, 14:10   #1781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Rains are going to be there - shouldn’t stop you driving. Pull over to the side and wait somewhere safe like a petrol pump for a while if visibility gets too bad. As long as you have good tyres and fresh / not worn out wipers you should be fine.
Thanks. Travelling with an infant, so wanted to avoid if it is too bad. Yes, tyres are barely 1 year old, so mostly all good.

I haven't travelled by this route during rains, do the roads get waterlogged badly during bad rains?
Old 23rd July 2021, 14:57   #1782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by papr23 View Post
Is there a central place to check for all challans raked up in different states?
Go to https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/ and then instead of logging in, click on the "get challan" at the bottom. You should be able to see the challans either through RC details or DL details.
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-01.png
bong_voyager is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 15:03   #1783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk01 View Post
Thanks. Travelling with an infant, so wanted to avoid if it is too bad. Yes, tyres are barely 1 year old, so mostly all good.

I haven't travelled by this route during rains, do the roads get waterlogged badly during bad rains?
I drove from Hyd to Bangalore on 21st Jul. It was raining, and pouring in some places. I did take a break under a petrol pump at one point (10 mins wait), but it was not unmanageable.

Even with infant, nothing beyond general precautions is necessary - drive defensively, and slow down when you notice stagnant water on the road to avoid aquaplaning.

Generally I try to follow another vehicle which is doing pretty much same speed as I am. It helps spot unmarked speedbreakers as well

Have a safe trip!
shifu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 15:51   #1784
BHPian

Hello,

I will be driving from Bangalore to Hyderabad on 24th July targeting a 5AM start. Since this is going to be my first time driving through this route,
a. could you please suggest some hygienic places to stop for breakfast?
b. Also, are there a few CCDs on the way I could stop by at for breaks?
c. I read from the thread that the route condition is good except some diversions near Kurnool - any other place I should be mindful of?

Would love to post my experience of the drive once I am back. Really excited to be hitting the road after a long gap!

Thanks in advance!
roadlover1705 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 18:28   #1785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadlover1705 View Post
I will be driving from Bangalore to Hyderabad on 24th July targeting a 5AM start. Since this is going to be my first time driving through this route,
a. could you please suggest some hygienic places to stop for breakfast?
b. Also, are there a few CCDs on the way I could stop by at for breaks?
c. I read from the thread that the route condition is good except some diversions near Kurnool - any other place I should be mindful of?
All the best for your drive!
Here are some options to consider for breakfast stops and breaks along the way (please do check the opening timings of these places and the time you expect to reach these stops, depending on your driving speed, number of breaks you take and the time you spend in breaks):

Cube Stop / Chai Thela
C² Cafe - The Coffee Club
Reliance At A1 Plaza
Café Coffee Day
Matsya Amazon Kitchens
Hotel Suraj Grand
FOOD PYRAMID
M Food Court

Apart from the diversions, do watch out for the speed-breakers along the way, till you enter Telangana.

Cheers and happy driving!
FlashMustang is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks