Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2021, 11:55   #1786
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

I'm traveling from Bangalore to Hyderabad and back this week.
I read in the past couple of pages of this thread that Telangana e-pass is no longer required. Is it the same for Andhra Pradesh also?
Is there a night curfew in Andhra Pradesh or is it done away with now? I may need to adjust my departure time if needed.
Thank you..
Old 27th July 2021, 13:33   #1787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_joker View Post
I read in the past couple of pages of this thread that Telangana e-pass is no longer required. Is it the same for Andhra Pradesh also?
Is there a night curfew in Andhra Pradesh or is it done away with now? I may need to adjust my departure time if needed.
Thank you..
No e-pass required for Telangana or Andhra Pradesh. They had night curfew from 10PM onwards but inter-state movement won't be affected. Carry a local address proof (hotel booking/friend's or relative's address) of Hyderabad, just in case someone asks for proof of travel.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 13:46   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_joker View Post
Thank you..
Did Hyderabad to Bangalore and back on 24th & 26th July respectively. Started around 5am both times and was not asked for any RT-PCR test report or vaccination certificate anywhere. Since it was early morning drive, I'm not sure of any night curfews in any state.

Aside, the roads are good as always with trucks taking out the fun. Some major overpass works in Kurnool and everything else same as it is. There is some serious opportunity if anyone wants to open a big restaurant somewhere in between. 550 kms of nothingness is too boring even for the cruise control.
brownkaiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 12:11   #1789
BHPian

Thank you @FlashMustang for your wonderful and timely tips. I could check them a few minutes before my start and it really helped me plan for the stops on the way. Just came back and could not thank earlier as I was not carrying my laptop.

Overall the journey was good except for many slow moving trucks enroute and the Hyderabad city traffic while coming back. I would strongly advise carrying packed food, as you can call it my fate, all the wonderful options I gathered from here were closed. Thankfully, it was red bull that came to rescue.
roadlover1705 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 02:18   #1790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I drove from Bangalore to Hyderabad on Saturday. Started from Bellandur around 6:30AM and reached Serilingampally by 2PM (includes 3-4 small breaks of 5-10 mins each)
I'm planning to drive down from BLR to HYD for the weekend but the 10+ hour time prediction by Google Maps is making me rethink. Curious to know if 7 to 8 hours is the norm? I find Google Maps predictions to be fairly close for the most part and hence the questions.

I typically drive in the 120-140km/hr range if roads are good.
Old 4th August 2021, 06:38   #1791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn View Post
I'm planning to drive down from BLR to HYD for the weekend but the 10+ hour time prediction by Google Maps is making me rethink. Curious to know if 7 to 8 hours is the norm? I find Google Maps predictions to be fairly close for the most part and hence the questions.

The default maps prediction is calculated for max 100 kmph speeds. If you do faster speeds the Maps time remaining will adjust itself as you drive, stop for lunch etc. 8 hours is quite doable.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 08:17   #1792
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Yes, if you are starting early from Bangalore (or Hyderabad while returning) and manage to beat the peak traffic, it would take 7-8 hrs point to point. Similar or even lesser cruising speeds should be fine.

On the way to Hyderabad, three sections on the highway cost you time - exiting Bangalore outskirts, Kurnool city and finally, last 60 kms before you hit Hyderabad ORR.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 16:11   #1793
BHPian

Quote:
I'm planning to drive down from BLR to HYD for the weekend but the 10+ hour time prediction by Google Maps is making me rethink. Curious to know if 7 to 8 hours is the norm?
For travel from Miyapur (HYD) to Marathahalli (BLR) & vice-a-versa, I've clocked between 8 hours and 11.5 hours in various trips. Travel time remains pretty much the same. What makes a difference is the number of breaks that we take.

PS: I usually cruise on 80-100 kmph.
samkat1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 16:26   #1794
BHPian

Planning to do BLR-HYD-BLR drive on the Aug 13-15 weekend. No e-pass is required in Telangana. Do we need a negative RT-PCR report on the way back (or is it only for flight passengers)?
Anyone who's travelled post Aug 1 from HYD-BLR, were you asked for this report?
Old 5th August 2021, 10:21   #1795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshsm12 View Post
Planning to do BLR-HYD-BLR drive on the Aug 13-15 weekend. No e-pass is required in Telangana. Do we need a negative RT-PCR report on the way back (or is it only for flight passengers)?
Anyone who's travelled post Aug 1 from HYD-BLR, were you asked for this report?
No RT-PCR required for flight passengers too (my mother travelled by flight on 01-Aug-2021) - but I am reading some reports that Bangalore police is going to enforce RT-PCR requirement for entry to Bangalore.
Old 5th August 2021, 10:48   #1796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
No RT-PCR required for flight passengers too (my mother travelled by flight on 01-Aug-2021) - but I am reading some reports that Bangalore police is going to enforce RT-PCR requirement for entry to Bangalore.
RTPCR is currently required in Karnataka only for travellers from Kerala and Maharashtra
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 18:56   #1797
Senior - BHPian

Are there any curfew timings for entering Hyderabad ?
Do they need RTPCR ? if i have a double vax certificate is it enough ?

Travelling on the 10th Aug.

thanks
Srinivas
Old 10th August 2021, 12:32   #1798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Are there any curfew timings for entering Hyderabad ?
Do they need RTPCR ? if i have a double vax certificate is it enough ?

Travelling on the 10th Aug.

thanks
Srinivas
There is no lockdown or curfew in Hyderabad. No RT-PCR requirements too for Telangana.
mtnrajdeep is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 17:32   #1799
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore to Hyd is the easiest these days, when it comes to restrictions et all.

No such requirements, no barricades, no checkpoints - essentially, no drama. It’s just like the old times.

I did a round trip 2 weeks back. Very pleasant.
jkrishnakj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 10:34   #1800
Distinguished - BHPian

Telangana state is going nuts with automated speed cameras. Rs 1035 per violation. City limits, ORR, HYD-BLR highways, etc. are all covered. How do I know? ;-)

I have few questions to 'experienced' folks:

1. Hypothetically, if I travel on ORR the whole day above speed limit, will I accumulate a ticket for each and every camera-location or do they have any logic to ignore if already fined once based on distance/time since last violation?

2. Is there anyway to get an instant notification that I have been fined, even for out of state cars? It looks like the only way to know about fines is to visit their portal and check your registration number. Most people won't even know that they have been fined.

3. Is there any cumulative damage for repeated violations? Would it be a clean slate if I pay off existing tickets.

4. Does the severity of violation/ticket change based on the speed? If I remember right, in Bangalore, they charge different amounts for 80-100 and 100+ speeds when the speed limit is 80kmph.

5. Is there any interest/penalty for late payment of such tickets?

6. On the photo uploaded on the portal, I see GPS coordinates as 16.090771,77.895134. Does it mean the camera is permanently fixed at this location and I can potentially make a note to drive slow at this spot to avoid tickets in the future?

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-ticket.png

Thanks!

Last edited by androdev : 23rd August 2021 at 10:36.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks