Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2021, 11:05   #1801
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

1) You will be fined each time you are over the limit on ORR. You can get multiple tickets before you exit the ORR.
2) You will get instant notifications on the cell number registered with the RTO. However not all RTO's have integrated this with the Police department.
3,4 & 5) As of now, No.
6) If you get GPS coordinates it does not mean that the camera if a permanent fixture.
Some of the speed limits are most unscientific. On the Hitech MMTS station flyover there are 3 different speed limits. Before the entrance of the flyover near Lodha the limit is 20 kmph. It is 40 kmph after 100 meters into the flyover and increases to 60 kmph after another 200 meters.
Any Logic
hydtraveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 11:10   #1802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Telangana state is going nuts with automated speed cameras. Rs 1035 per violation. City limits, ORR, HYD-BLR highways, etc. are all covered. How do I know? ;-)

I have few questions to 'experienced' folks:

1. Hypothetically, if I travel on ORR the whole day above speed limit, will I accumulate a ticket for each and every camera-location or do they have any logic to ignore if already fined once based on distance/time since last violation?

2. Is there anyway to get an instant notification that I have been fined, even for out of state cars? It looks like the only way to know about fines is to visit their portal and check your registration number. Most people won't even know that they have been fined.

3. Is there any cumulative damage for repeated violations? Would it be a clean slate if I pay off existing tickets.

4. Does the severity of violation/ticket change based on the speed? If I remember right, in Bangalore, they charge different amounts for 80-100 and 100+ speeds when the speed limit is 80kmph.

5. Is there any interest/penalty for late payment of such tickets?

6. On the photo uploaded on the portal, I see GPS coordinates as 16.090771,77.895134. Does it mean the camera is permanently fixed at this location and I can potentially make a note to drive slow at this spot to avoid tickets in the future?

Attachment 2197017

Thanks!
1 - I've seen people getting fine up to trice on the same day on ORR. However, it was a good couple of years ago. So can't comment if there are any amendments recently.

2 - There is an option to link mobile number to TS registered vehicle on RTO portal. However, I don't think it's applicable for other state vehicles. As TS is not yet integrated with the Parivahan portal, TS e-challans are not visible on the Parivahan portal as well.

3 - You should get a clean slate once all dues are paid off.

4 - I was once charged 1400 + 35 for overspeeding on ORR. The image indicated I was at 121 kmph while the limit then was 120. So guess there is a tiered mechanism there. Again not 100% sure.

5 - No

6 - Most of the speed cameras on ORR are fixed ones. However, I've seen mobile speed cameras as well.
samkat1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 11:27   #1803
Senior - BHPian

Every single digital signboard on the ORR that shows you your speed has a camera attached. There are also police interceptors with radar guns.

Add to it - many cameras exist at road junctions on the highways (Bangalore, Mumbai etc) that lead off the ORR. Slow down to max 50-60 at these even if the junction is clear with no traffic. The limit is 40 but you get leeway to 50-60, will surely be challaned if you blow past it at 100+

Just did that route yesterday, got three challans and then chatted with a cop who was having a cup of tea at an irani place off the highway who told me all this.
hserus is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 13:03   #1804
BHPian

ORR speed limit is 100 and typically you will get a ticket for exceeding even marginally.

also on the HYD BLR highway typically speed limit is 80 - not sure how some members drive at 100+ ... I have seen police vans at at least 4 points every time I have driven.

IMO cruising at 80 is actually better - one feels less tired and so don't need to take as many breaks - one can enjoy the scenery and ... you get much better fuel economy
AutoB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 12:32   #1805
BHPian

We are planning to drive down to Bengaluru this Sunday. I heard that Covid testing is being done at the border as one enter KA from AP.

I am partially vaccinated. Do I need to get RTPCR test done before or is it not necessary. I flew to Bengaluru in 3rd week of August and there was no testing of any sort at Hyderabad airport or Bengaluru after I landed
Old 7th September 2021, 14:05   #1806
Senior - BHPian

I just drove from the opposite direction 3 days back. There were no checks done AP- > KA
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 08:43   #1807
BHPian

Thanks for the feedback man. Then we will go ahead with travel by road.
Old 11th September 2021, 05:54   #1808
BHPian

I am planning for a trip from Hosur to Hyderabad around next month. Planning to stop for breakfast around Devanahalli area and lunch on the way. Are the restaurants open and functioning along the highway? What are the speed limits that I need to watch out for ? I believe Hyderabad ORR is 120kms/h. Thanks in advance!
Old 11th September 2021, 07:00   #1809
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I am planning for a trip from Hosur to Hyderabad around next month. Planning to stop for breakfast around Devanahalli area and lunch on the way. Are the restaurants open and functioning along the highway? What are the speed limits that I need to watch out for ? I believe Hyderabad ORR is 120kms/h. Thanks in advance!
Restaurants are open and functional. Speed limits on the Hyderabad ORR is 100kmph.

Apart from this, few members have reported speed checks around Kurnool and towards Hyderabad. But I didn't encounter any such checks during my last trip. Nonetheless, refer the posts on the last couple of pages here to read about these random checks.

Last edited by ashis89 : 11th September 2021 at 07:02.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 07:13   #1810
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There are not many 'reputed' restaurants on this highway. These looked OK to me:
Matsya Amazon Kitchens near Kurnool
https://goo.gl/maps/WzYykzcdw3yMQ2gL9

Cafe coffee day near Gooty:
https://goo.gl/maps/M6LoLx1PMS1FZwMm7

Speed limit on Hyd ORR is 100 kmph. Speed limit on BLR-HYD varies between 80 and 100 kmph. Heavily enforced within Telangana I might add!
androdev is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 08:34   #1811
BHPian

Quote:

We typically have breakfast at Devanahalli and lunch at Kurnool, and vice-versa during travel between Hyderabad and Bangalore. The options below are veg-only options though.

Nandi Upachar near Devanahalli is good option for breakfast.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Na...9!4d77.7195007

In Kurnool, there is Hotel Suraj Grand, which is a veg restaurant if you prefer. Its ok restaurant, nothing great. they have buffet lunch and buffet breakfast depending on what time you go. Taste could be better, but has decent ambience and proper restrooms.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/FO...9!4d77.9392464
sanchari is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 09:46   #1812
BHPian

Quote:
I usually prefer Nandi Upachar for breakfast & Food Pyramid for lunch.
samkat1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 07:42   #1813
BHPian

Has anyone recently travelled between Hyderabad and Bangalore? Any RT-PCR requirements at AP, Karnataka, Telangana borders? Anything to watch out for?
Old 4th October 2021, 09:36   #1814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
Has anyone recently travelled between Hyderabad and Bangalore? Any RT-PCR requirements at AP, Karnataka, Telangana borders? Anything to watch out for?
Did you read the last several posts on this topic? Nothing to watch for except speed cameras.
Old 9th October 2021, 14:49   #1815
Senior - BHPian

Planning to drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad on Sunday, 10th October. I see moderate to heavy rain predicted for anantapur and Kurnool. Looking for any updates on the route due to rains.

Thanks
Srinivas

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks