Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2021, 20:30   #1831
HKP
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

We completed Hyd-Blr-Hyd trip last week. I must say that the speed limit boards on Telangana side of this highway made this drive very irritating.

How can 60KM and 40 KM speed limit boards appear within 10-15 mtrs so frequently? Is the Speed limit 60 or 40? I think one of the speed limit signs is old and whoever put the new sign didn't remove the old one!

NH speed limit is 80 or 100 normally and suddenly these boards appear and you are forced to slow down. It seems more like a revenue generator for govt than for genuine safety concerns.

Request someone here to take a pic and tweet to NHAI and Nitin Gadkari who wants to increase the limit to 120Km\hr from 100KM\hr!! I couldn't take a pic and my wife just refused to click as she was not convinced.

Apart from that, no issues. I used to tell everyone that Hyd-Blr is the best drive. Now, no more!

\\hkp
HKP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 05:36   #1832
Senior - BHPian

After you exit the ORR the cameras are at each junction for 50+ km down the road. So even if you speed up, slow down well before each junction (which is wise anyway as you pass through populated areas on either side of the road)
Old 27th October 2021, 08:02   #1833
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKP View Post
I used to tell everyone that Hyd-Blr is the best drive. Now, no more!

\\hkp
Fully agree with you. TS police has gone mental with speeding tickets. It is nearly impossible to do HYD-BLR route without getting speeding tickets. Fuel + toll of Rs 600 + speeding tickets at Rs 1035 each makes flying cheaper. 80 KMPH speed limit on a near-deserted 4-lane highway is ridiculous.

Is there any app available in India that offers real-time location alerts about speed cameras, speed limits, etc.?
androdev is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 09:19   #1834
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Is there any app available in India that offers real-time location alerts about speed cameras, speed limits, etc.?
Try Radarbot. It's fairly accurate though I haven't tried on the Hyderabad highway.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 09:23   #1835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKP View Post
We completed Hyd-Blr-Hyd trip last week. I must say that the speed limit boards on Telangana side of this highway made this drive very irritating.

How can 60KM and 40 KM speed limit boards appear within 10-15 mtrs so frequently? Is the Speed limit 60 or 40? I think one of the speed limit signs is old and whoever put the new sign didn't remove the old one!
Such low speed limits on NH are ridiculous! And as you quite rightly pointed out our MORTH Minister is disconnected from reality when he suggests increasing speed limits to 120kmph from present 100kmph.

I haven't traveled all the way from Bangalore to Hyderabad on this NH but couple of months ago, I did go to Gudibanda lake from Bangalore. I noticed that speed limits after Devanahalli to a little beyond Chickballapur bypass was 50kmph and 30kmph in some places . It was very frustrating to see such low speed limits on wide NH with low/moderate traffic density.
Old 27th October 2021, 09:54   #1836
BHPian

how are the fines enforced, are these e-challans or do regular pull over ?

Secondly while driving from Bangalore, i believe the limits get enforced from Kurnool, and is it all the way till ORR ?
Old 27th October 2021, 11:46   #1837
HKP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
how are the fines enforced, are these e-challans or do regular pull over ?

Secondly while driving from Bangalore, i believe the limits get enforced from Kurnool, and is it all the way till ORR ?
No pullover, mostly camera-based system that's sends you the ticket as a message with a photo online as proof. Sometimes it appears many days later on your RTA site when you check for traffic challans for your vehicle.

The cameras are almost always located in the cross- intersections and where you have road markings (lines) to slow down, more probability if there is a pedestrian crossing. Apart from Kurnool, It's more on the Telangana side, so as soon as you enter the border- 80Kms or below even if the road is totally empty and has 4 lanes!! This significantly increases the travel time and the frustration.

I didn't see much in the Andhra portion (after Kurnool) or the Karnataka portion. Seems like Karnataka still believes in the large mountain like humps for speed control that they make sure it appears when you totally don't expect any on roads

\\hkp
Old 20th November 2021, 13:21   #1838
BHPian

Guys, any update on the road conditions from Hyderabad to Bangalore? I am hearing some news that the roads near to Ananthapur are flooded. I plan to start tomorrow morning to Bangalore. Appreciate any updates in this route. Thanks.
Old 21st November 2021, 18:33   #1839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Guys, any update on the road conditions from Hyderabad to Bangalore? I am hearing some news that the roads near to Ananthapur are flooded. I plan to start tomorrow morning to Bangalore. Appreciate any updates in this route. Thanks.
Reached Bangalore. Route conditions are absolutely fine. No water logging anywhere and it's business as usual. I saw some flooding on both sides of the highway after entering Karnataka, near Chikkaballapur, but nothing that would effect the traffic on the highway.
samabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 00:47   #1840

Hi, we(family of 5 and driver) are planning a trip from Hyderabad to Bangalore tomorrow in our XUV5OO.

Any tips other than keeping our documents (Aadhar cards, driving licenses, RC, PUC, fully vaccinated certificates) at hand and following the speed limits? Would appreciate to see a highway route to follow(since we'll be using Google Maps.)

Also, I heard from my cousin that he was asked for booster shots when entering Bangalore - which is ridiculous because no booster shot vaccine has been out of trial in India yet.
Old 11th December 2021, 06:49   #1841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngknight View Post
Hi, we(family of 5 and driver) are planning a trip from Hyderabad to Bangalore tomorrow in our XUV5OO.

Any tips other than keeping our documents (Aadhar cards, driving licenses, RC, PUC, fully vaccinated certificates) at hand and following the speed limits? Would appreciate to see a highway route to follow(since we'll be using Google Maps.)

Also, I heard from my cousin that he was asked for booster shots when entering Bangalore - which is ridiculous because no booster shot vaccine has been out of trial in India yet.
I travelled back last Sunday and there was no checking anywhere whatsoever. After reading reports of speed traps I was careful to maintain 80kmph at most places. I did see a couple of interceptors on the way, but no speed checking. The route is quite straightforward, just follow highway signboards and you should be fine. Gmaps are also accurate.
jphukan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 09:20   #1842
BHPian

Quote:

I drove to Blr on Dec 8th. No such check anywhere. I had windows rolled up and wasn't wearing mask inside my car. It's interesting to hear about boosters. Even at the airport they are not asked for so check with him who told about it. Some pharma through NGOs and other means are engaged in fear mongering, it serves them well.
Old 12th December 2021, 19:58   #1843

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
I travelled back last Sunday and there was no checking anywhere whatsoever. After reading reports of speed traps I was careful to maintain 80kmph at most places. I did see a couple of interceptors on the way, but no speed checking. The route is quite straightforward, just follow highway signboards and you should be fine. Gmaps are also accurate.
Thanks, we travelled very nicely yesterday (11 Dec) - started at 9.30am, reached Bangalore Toll Plaza by 5.30pm, with a stop for breakfast on the way. This is my first time seeing Bangalore as an adult, it's so subtlely different from Hyderabad! The atmosphere is different and even the streetside vendors speak English, haha. Met my uncle, aunty and cousins, we are staying in this hotel in Cleveland Town(a lot of English names of places here!)

The car drove beautifully. Although my driver didn't strictly follow the speed limits, it was a smooth drive except for the roads closer to Bangalore where there were complaints from the backseat about the car bouncing on some roads. Average mileage on MID showed 12kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUNKWN View Post
I drove to Blr on Dec 8th. No such check anywhere. I had windows rolled up and wasn't wearing mask inside my car. It's interesting to hear about boosters. Even at the airport they are not asked for so check with him who told about it. Some pharma through NGOs and other means are engaged in fear mongering, it serves them well.
Yes, no stops or checks anywhere. Seems like a WhatsApp hoax, from those organisations like you said but I'll ask my cousin again. I checked the status of those booster shots and the whole country is still some time away from them.
youngknight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 07:13   #1844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, no stops or checks anywhere. Seems like a WhatsApp hoax, from those organisations like you said but I'll ask my cousin again. I checked the status of those booster shots and the whole country is still some time away from them.
Nobody is asking booster shots but I was driving from Hyderabad to Bidar just across the Karnataka border, and at the border checkpost, the Karnataka police had set up a barrier and stopped cars, buses etc.

They were asking people for their vaccination certificate. If you were due for a vaccine dose they’d ask you to get out of the car and take an injection, they had a vaccine camp set up next to the checkpost.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 02:02   #1845
BHPian

Sir, what is the rule to enter Karnataka ? Is Double vaccination enough ? Or RTPCR negative certificate mandatory ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks