Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2022, 09:23   #1891
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
There's an option (or there used to be) to raise dispute against any challan in their system.
Let me check this. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
PS: TS police is known to stop out-station cars from time to time and look for pending challan in their system.
Yes i am aware of this and hence wanted to double check before starting. Thats how i came to know about this. Keeping my fingers crossed
Old 22nd May 2022, 09:41   #1892
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bong_voyager View Post
Yes i am aware of this and hence wanted to double check before starting. Thats how i came to know about this. Keeping my fingers crossed
A suggestion: keep screenshots of the challan page and also download the images if possible. This is evidence of another car using your number plate. Raise a complaint on the respective Traffic Police website to avoid any future issues.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 18:58   #1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Not many clean eateries on this route so carry your refreshments with you.
This Rayalaseema Style restaurant on NH44 at Anantapur 'Palleturi Vindhu' is definitely worth trying. Been there 3 times so far in past 4 months. Food is consistently tasty and good potions they serve.
https://goo.gl/maps/oE4qBGwFCXXNxkWr7

Last edited by aah78 : 6th July 2022 at 19:06. Reason: Spacing.
VALLABHA is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 00:34   #1894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
The eateries scene is pretty good now compared to what it was about 3-4 years ago.

I have compiled this link with the GMaps Link and the distance from Hyd and Blr to the respective restaurants. It might come in handy for you.

http://bit.ly/NH44EATERIES
Thanks buddy for the above compilation. This is really useful .
One observation is that Amazon Kitchen is on the BLR- HyD route when i checked in Gmaps
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/12.9...d15.576886!3e0

I am travelling to hyd from blr on Aug 5 and planning to stop at Amazon Kitchen for Lunch
AshiqueS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 11:57   #1895
BHPian

Are there petrol bunks on this highway which are open 24/7, especially between Kurnool and Hyd?
Old 12th August 2022, 12:38   #1896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
Thanks buddy for the above compilation. This is really useful .
One observation is that Amazon Kitchen is on the BLR- HyD route when i checked in Gmaps
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/12.9...d15.576886!3e0

I am travelling to hyd from blr on Aug 5 and planning to stop at Amazon Kitchen for Lunch
And how was your experience at the Amazon Kitchen?
Old 12th August 2022, 22:43   #1897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Are there petrol bunks on this highway which are open 24/7, especially between Kurnool and Hyd?
You'll find many. I've marked a few locations based on previous experience on that route. Hopefully, you'll find it useful.

https://goo.gl/maps/jtN2FaMthv5RScYMA
https://goo.gl/maps/d6x5qwdkK6pVfr8P8
https://goo.gl/maps/y91Cs2sHZ8G1p91g6
https://goo.gl/maps/CFfpC6RpvtMXEe8BA
samkat1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 21:39   #1898
BHPian

Has anyone driven on this route recently, I mean last few days? Is it affected by rains badly?
Old 16th August 2022, 12:38   #1899
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUNKWN View Post
Has anyone driven on this route recently, I mean last few days? Is it affected by rains badly?
Had done Bangalore - Hyderabad two weeks back, will be doing the return coming weekend.

Overall fine, no major issues.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 18:04   #1900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUNKWN View Post
Did Hyderabad to Bengaluru on 12th Aug & back on 15th August.

A couple of observations:
  1. Started around 06:00 Hrs and the roads up to Jadcherla and further 10-15 kms had a lot of patches where the top layer was missing, resulting in a slow down of overall traffic. On top of it there were multiple accidents on the other side, resulting in a huge number of trucks using one out of 2 lanes on Hyd-Blr route.
  2. The bridge at Kurnool is still under construction and has the same service route as ever.
  3. Had breakfast at Food Pyramid (on the other side i.e., Blr-Hyd) around 8 am, which serves good food, ample parking, and clean washrooms. Would recommend.
    Location: https://g.page/Food-Pyramid-Highway-Restaurant?share
  4. Stopped at a new place called Cube Stop Food Plaza around 11:30 Hrs for a quick bite.
    They had a KFC & a restaurant with few other things coming up. Had spacious and clean washrooms with ample parking. Also had feeding room for mothers. Would recommend.
  5. Drive till Devanahalli was uneventful but further inside the city, traffic was terrible.

While coming back:
  1. Started around 05:00 Hrs and stopped at Sai Delicacy for breakfast around 07:15 Hrs.
    They have good parking with good food and just average washrooms. They have a Nayara fuel bunk adjacent to them and a Shell fuel bunk opposite. Would still recommend.
  2. Stopped at Food Pyramid again around 11:30 Hrs for a quick bite but they had closed kitchen for lunch. But had coffee & tea so had one, freshened up, and left.
  3. Reached back at Gachibowli junction at 13:30 Hrs.

Other things:
  1. Many speed guns once we entered Karnataka and especially after Nandi Hills.
  2. Could see EV charging at a few locations. Unable to recall the name or location.
  3. Toll was INR 800+ one way.
  4. Diesel price difference between Karnataka & Telangana is INR 10. Tried to play smart by waiting till the last IOCL pump to fill in my 70-liter tank but they were out of diesel (They had Xtra Green but it doesn’t suit my car). Continued further ahead but, as expected, all pumps in Andhra (close to Karnataka border0 had shut shop. So, a suggestion is to fill as early as possible.
brownkaiser is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 09:48   #1901
BHPian

I did a Hyd-Blr run on 18th August, took about 9 hours with 1 hour break at hampi blue moon resort. The drive was tiring, the highway has lost its charm, trucks driving in both lanes and blocking the road not letting other vehicles overtake for long, bikes and autos driving on wrong sides of the road coming from opposite direction all of a sudden and the worst was self made gaps in median with bikes hiding in bushes looking for right time to jump in order to cross the road.
IUNKWN is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 15:18   #1902
BHPian

Planning to visit Belum Caves and Gandikota on my return from Hyderabad to Bangalore. the plan is to start by 4 am from Manikonda and reach Belum by 10 am, Gandikota by 2 pm and start from Gandikota by 4 pm. Is it doable?

Which place would be ideal for the night stay, Puttaparthy or Anantapur? Which route is to be taken? Any suggestion for budget accommodation? Need just a clean and safe place for night stay for me and wife. I am a first timer on this area.

Thanks in advance.
Old 29th August 2022, 16:57   #1903
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
Planning to visit Belum Caves and Gandikota on my return from Hyderabad to Bangalore. the plan is to start by 4 am from Manikonda and reach Belum by 10 am, Gandikota by 2 pm and start from Gandikota by 4 pm. Is it doable?
Stay over night at Gandikota at APSTDC. That's a better option and drive the next day. Thats much better an option. An early morning view of the Canyon is great. And the drive is better planned.
ampere is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 12:02   #1904
BHPian

Quote:

Which place would be ideal for the night stay, Puttaparthy or Anantapur? Which route is to be taken? Any suggestion for budget accommodation? Need just a clean and safe place for night stay for me and wife. I am a first timer on this area.

Thanks in advance.
If you plan to stay in Gandikota, you can visit Rollapadu wildlife sanctuary ( if you are interested in wildlife) and reach Gandikota by evening.
thirugata is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 22:55   #1905
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestion for budget accommodation?
Were you able to make this trip ?

Was checking Harita for next month end, however rooms are not available. Wanted to check tents , but seeing lot of mixed reviews online.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks