Team-BHP - Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/44823-hyderabad-bangalore-route-queries.html)

Hello:

Just wanted to check if anyone has travelled on this road recently after the rains - i am planning to drive down from Hyderabad to Bangalore with family and wanted to know how the roads are.

Any update will be great.

Thanks

EDIT: List of eateries here:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjitp1 (Post 4308508)
Updated List of eateries on NH7 HYD-BLR-HYD section

https://goo.gl/zKhoZH

Quote:

Originally Posted by varghesepaul (Post 955718)
Hello:

Just wanted to check if anyone has travelled on this road recently after the rains - i am planning to drive down from Hyderabad to Bangalore with family and wanted to know how the roads are.

Any update will be great.

Thanks

Hi Varghesepaul,

I have been to anathpur(220 kms from Bangalore) recently and the road conditions are good( i did 160+ on some stretches) but with lot of road diversions.According to one of my friends who did this route recently 10 kms before and after penukonda is not that great but it's ok. Roads are little bad after kurnool for some good kms.Are you planning to drive at night??

I travelled from Hyd to Bangalore last month in my puny Wagon-R.
Almost the entire route is seemingly an unending road diversions, some of them without any prior notice. Traffic is also quite high, which makes a small car difficult to overtake the car in front.
You have to have a big powerful SUV or a sedan to really accelerate and reach quickly.
The road very much improves once you cross into karnataka.
Also, please be careful about the oncoming traffic even though you'd be driving in the 4 lane highway. Out of nowhere you will see either a truck or a tractor coming from the opposite direction when he actually be on the other side of the highway. But, that's how it is in our country.
Please carry enough of eatables for your family. There are absolutely no eateris on the way.
The earlier you start the better. Make it around 4.30 because after 5 a.m you will have hordes and hordes of Volvos coming right at you in one single line.

Thanks all for your inputs.
I returned from Bangalore yesterday evening - on my way to Bangalore, started from Hyderabad at 2.30pm and got to Ananthapur by 8.15pm...tried to continue to Bangalore but about 30kms from Ananthapur, got caught in blinding rain, could not even see anything, just a white shield - stopped for about 30mins but there was no let up, so turned back to Ananthapur and stayed over. Next morning, left Ananthapur at 8am and was at Koramangala by 11.30am.
On the way back, yesterday, left Koramangala, Bangalore at 6.30am and was at Shamshabad airport at 3.15pm, took me another hour to reach Kukatpally(that is the most frustrating part of all!!). The roads are generally getting better, lots of diversions and some bad stretches(between Gooty and Ananthapur, after Bangalore airport towards Hyderabad). Good to see improvement(last travelled in Jan 08)..only concern that when the dual carriage highways are completed, the speeds will increase and with the bullock carts, cycles, tractors appearing from nowhere/not having any lane discipline, could be more dangerous. Largely found the trucks most disciplined and easy to negotiate.
The other difficulty is lack of good places to rest/eat on the highway, A1 Gooty was good but apart from that, did not find anything else.
Thanks again & safe motoring.
Varghese

You can get latest updates from this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...condition.html

Guys,

Even I'm planning a trip to kurnool from Bangalore next month. Could you people please guide me the way (kms). Since I already got info about the route i'll take proper care. Besides, I don't want to entre any cities in-between, so bypass route will do.
Your help and advice will be appreciated.

R,
Imran

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImranShahnawaz (Post 987221)
Guys,

Even I'm planning a trip to kurnool from Bangalore next month. Could you people please guide me the way (kms). Since I already got info about the route i'll take proper care. Besides, I don't want to entre any cities in-between, so bypass route will do.

R,
Imran

Come on guys.... help meplease:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitindangoria (Post 968147)
I travelled from Hyd to Bangalore last month in my puny Wagon-R.
Almost the entire route is seemingly an unending road diversions, some of them without any prior notice. Traffic is also quite high, which makes a small car difficult to overtake the car in front.
You have to have a big powerful SUV or a sedan to really accelerate and reach quickly.
The road very much improves once you cross into karnataka.
Also, please be careful about the oncoming traffic even though you'd be driving in the 4 lane highway. Out of nowhere you will see either a truck or a tractor coming from the opposite direction when he actually be on the other side of the highway. But, that's how it is in our country.
Please carry enough of eatables for your family. There are absolutely no eateris on the way.
The earlier you start the better. Make it around 4.30 because after 5 a.m you will have hordes and hordes of Volvos coming right at you in one single line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by varghesepaul (Post 968435)
Thanks all for your inputs.
I returned from Bangalore yesterday evening - on my way to Bangalore, started from Hyderabad at 2.30pm and got to Ananthapur by 8.15pm...tried to continue to Bangalore but about 30kms from Ananthapur, got caught in blinding rain, could not even see anything, just a white shield - stopped for about 30mins but there was no let up, so turned back to Ananthapur and stayed over. Next morning, left Ananthapur at 8am and was at Koramangala by 11.30am.
On the way back, yesterday, left Koramangala, Bangalore at 6.30am and was at Shamshabad airport at 3.15pm, took me another hour to reach Kukatpally(that is the most frustrating part of all!!). The roads are generally getting better, lots of diversions and some bad stretches(between Gooty and Ananthapur, after Bangalore airport towards Hyderabad). Good to see improvement(last travelled in Jan 08)..only concern that when the dual carriage highways are completed, the speeds will increase and with the bullock carts, cycles, tractors appearing from nowhere/not having any lane discipline, could be more dangerous. Largely found the trucks most disciplined and easy to negotiate.
The other difficulty is lack of good places to rest/eat on the highway, A1 Gooty was good but apart from that, did not find anything else.
Thanks again & safe motoring.
Varghese

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImranShahnawaz (Post 987221)
Guys,

R,
Imran

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImranShahnawaz (Post 990900)
Come on guys.... help meplease:

Thanks people for not responding:Frustrati I'm leaving tomorrow early morning. Give you updated report (road condition) after coming back.

R,
IS

Guys,

How is the road condition betwen BLR and HYD now? I am planning to RIDE to hyd from blr on my bike. I want to leave at arnd 3am from blr. I guess about 12 hrs should be enough to reach hyd? I am generally a slow rider and this is my first long distance ride as well (done a BLR-Yercaud-BLR trip a few months ago).

What I want to know most importantly is the weather report during this time of the year. Should I expect rain during the daytime? I am not going to ride at night for sure.

Cheers!

Prajwal

I would leave Bangalore after day breaks. The road till Ap border has some bad sections and unmarked deviations thanks to the road widening. But once you cross into AP, road conditions are much better. Doing it in 12 hours may be challenging unless you are a fast driver. Rains at this time outside Bangalore - unlikely!

Quote:

Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap (Post 1016688)
Guys,

How is the road condition betwen BLR and HYD now? I am planning to RIDE to hyd from blr on my bike. I want to leave at arnd 3am from blr. I guess about 12 hrs should be enough to reach hyd? I am generally a slow rider and this is my first long distance ride as well (done a BLR-Yercaud-BLR trip a few months ago).

Buddy you are planning to ride a bike from Blore to Hyd. And that too you already mention that you are slow driver. So does that mean you will be in 60s? Well to Hyd it surely takes atleast 13-14hrs if you are a normal driver maintaining 70-80kmph and with 2stops for a car itself. I wonder how much you would take for riding a bike. Guess you can have around 15hrs thought about. And keep your bike engine cool. Can I ask which bike you are going to ride, so that you wont blow up your engine?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anup7649 (Post 1016787)
Buddy you are planning to ride a bike from Blore to Hyd. And that too you already mention that you are slow driver. So does that mean you will be in 60s? Well to Hyd it surely takes atleast 13-14hrs if you are a normal driver maintaining 70-80kmph and with 2stops for a car itself. I wonder how much you would take for riding a bike. Guess you can have around 15hrs thought about. And keep your bike engine cool. Can I ask which bike you are going to ride, so that you wont blow up your engine?

I have a Unicorn. The reason I have put this post up was to get suggestions. I am travelling this way, because I need the bike to travel within hyderabad when I reach there. The only other way would be bus or train as I may not have a car.

Prajwal

Quote:

Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap (Post 1016852)
I have a Unicorn. The reason I have put this post up was to get suggestions. I am travelling this way, because I need the bike to travel within hyderabad when I reach there. The only other way would be bus or train as I may not have a car.

Prajwal

If having bike in Hyd is the only reason why you are riding to hyd, then the best would be to book a train ticket, travel in train and book bike in brake van of train. you can ride to station, and get down train, and take your bike and ride again.

That apart, if you are seriously planning to ride to Hyd from Bangalore, I would say, start around 4(depending on which part of city you stay)
try to hit highway when there is natural light.

I would also suggest, take alternate route upto anantapur, so that you avoid oncoming bus traffic.
Try Yelahanka-Doddaballapur-Hindupur-Puttaparthi(rly stn)-Dharmavaram-anantapur instead of NH7.
After that you can drive through NH. or check if there are other ways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImranShahnawaz (Post 1009877)
Thanks people for not responding:Frustrati I'm leaving tomorrow early morning. Give you updated report (road condition) after coming back.

R,
IS

Hi Imran,

I presume that your trip was a good one.

I am planning to travel to BLR the next weekend along with my family. Please let me know the current road conditions.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks all for the updates posted so far on this topic.

I have travelled this distance and back last week. I left Hyd at 1430 hrs with an aim to reach Ananthpur by night fall. I had planned to break the journey since I was doing this for the first time and I have a kid (10 months) and didn't know how he would take it. The road condition is generally good through out barring the countless diversions and the heavy traffic from Hyd to Kurnool. I got to Ananthpur by 2300 hrs with about an hours break in between. I then got onto the road early next morning and reached B'lore by lunch time. Again generally a good road except a few patches before & after Penukonda.

The worst part of the road was the countless (again) speed breakers. I prefer to call them suspension breakers. It slows you down drastically.

For the return journey, I did it in one go. Left B'lore @ 0500 hrs and was @ home by 1900 hrs with a couple of hours break.