Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2012, 16:12   #16
BHPian

Re: Question on Bangalore to Ashtamudi (Kollam/ Quilon) via Bandipur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
@veedub89: I am from Kottarakkara and I have driven twice in the last 6 months to home and come back. The route to take is BLR -> SALEM -> MADURAI -> TIRUNELVELI -> SHENGHOTTAI/CHENKOTTAI -> PUNALUR -> KOTTARAKKARA -> SASTHAMKOTTA -> ASHTAMUDI.

In this route, from Whitefield when we leave at 5 am, we reach Tirunelveli at 12:30 pm. From there it is another 3 hours to Kottarakkara. You can add another hour to Ashtamudi.

PLEASE do not even think of following the google maps to get to Coimbatore, Palakkad, Trichur, Kochi route. I drove back once from a wedding in Kochi and the travel time is exactly double.

PM me if you need help.

BH.
Thanks a lot guys!
@ranjit yeah I think my family would like that. Thanks for the suggestion.
I really appreciate your help.

@BurningHeart
I will finalise my plans and then PM you for some more suggestions/clarifications.
Thanks again!
Old 18th October 2012, 17:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
@veedub89: I am from Kottarakkara and I have driven twice in the last 6 months to home and come back. The route to take is BLR -> SALEM -> MADURAI -> TIRUNELVELI -> SHENGHOTTAI/CHENKOTTAI -> PUNALUR -> KOTTARAKKARA -> SASTHAMKOTTA -> ASHTAMUDI.
Do you need to go all the way to Tirunelveli and come back to Chenkottai? Madurai to Tenkasi via Srivilliputhur would be shorter, right? I've traveled via the Chenkottai - Tirunelveli road recently and I think the Srivilliputhur road being NH may have better quality than the Tirunelveli road (though this road is also ok in terms of surface)
Old 26th October 2012, 06:52   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Do you need to go all the way to Tirunelveli and come back to Chenkottai? Madurai to Tenkasi via Srivilliputhur would be shorter, right? I've traveled via the Chenkottai - Tirunelveli road recently and I think the Srivilliputhur road being NH may have better quality than the Tirunelveli road (though this road is also ok in terms of surface)
It is shorter but a lot slower due to heavy traffic, assuming you will be there early afternoon. It is painful to drive amongst those myriads of mopeds and other wheeled equipment! The advantage with driving to T/veli is you get there quite quickly and then the other road to Thenkasi is very low on traffic. But you can choose, based on what you're comfortable with.

Let me know once you're back. I am planning to drive again for Xmas.

BH.
Old 30th August 2013, 18:23   #19
BHPian

Hi,

Can someone please update recent road conditions from Bangalore to Asthamudi, Planning a trip next month sometime.

Also appreciate if someone can suggest place for night halt at Madurai. Seems like starting in afternoon from BLR may be a good option, Reach Madurai by sunset, Do a night halt and start next day morning to Asthamudi. Please let me know if this will work well.

Regards
SE

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks