Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2008, 13:33   #1
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
B'lore-Pondy : Places to eatout

Hi,

We are planning for a drive to Pondicherry this long weekend. We are taking B'lore-Hosur-krishnagir-Thiruvanamalai-Tindivanam-Gingee-pondy, leaving B'lore between 6-7AM.

Would like to know your suggestion for eatouts(Veg.) on the way.

regards,
-manju
Old 11th September 2008, 13:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

There are a lot of threads where we have discussed about this route, if you are leaving around 6-7, the best place for you to have breakfast is at the Adyar Ananda Bhavan which is about 65 kms from Madivala. It is after Hosur on your left hand side as part of a BPCL petrol pump, you could fill up your fuel there since its about Rs.2.50 cheaper in TN. If you drive reasonably fast you should be able to reach Pondy in time for Lunch. Cheers

Last edited by pypkmsrikanth : 11th September 2008 at 13:40.
Old 11th September 2008, 15:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

You can try out the A2B (BP Petrol Bunk) at Krishnagiri. As per what I have heard, this is the only good place after Hosur.

Btw I am also driving to Pondy tomorrow morning at around 6 am. Probably we can meet up. Keep an eye for a black ikon with TBHP sticker on the number plates.

- Cheers
Jag
Old 11th September 2008, 16:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

There are a few hotels like A2B, Hotel uthaiah on NH7 but nothing effective on NH66. It is better you carry food while going to pondi.
Infact you can have a heavy breakfast at A2B or any hotel on NH7 itself. by lunch you will be in pondi.

Abhi
Old 11th September 2008, 16:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

A2B, exactly before 20KMs from Krishnagiri is the best option for the breakfast. Once you cross Krishnagiri, I doubt if you have good restaurants. You can also get parcels from A2B.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 11th September 2008, 17:28   #6
BHPian

saw in one of the programs in a channel (i dont remember which tough) where two funny guys check out highway restaurants , they were showing a place called rendezvous in pondi which serves some good french food. The dishes looked yum in the tv atleast. Probably you might want to check it out while you are at pondi
Old 11th September 2008, 18:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

I had been to Randezvous the last time I went to Pondi. Good food, Good Ambiance and Decent Prices. Will definitely recommend the place. Don't remember the exact road name where it located. Will check out this weekend and post

- Jag
Old 11th September 2008, 20:19   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
saw in one of the programs in a channel (i dont remember which tough) where two funny guys check out highway restaurants , they were showing a place called rendezvous in pondi which serves some good french food. The dishes looked yum in the tv atleast. Probably you might want to check it out while you are at pondi
That program was HOMP - Highway on my plate , comes on NDTV Good times every tuesday night at 10:00 and has got quite a fan following on this forum too.
Old 11th September 2008, 22:01   #9
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi All,

Thanks for all the inputs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Btw I am also driving to Pondy tomorrow morning at around 6 am. Probably we can meet up. Keep an eye for a black ikon with TBHP sticker on the number plates.
@Jag: Sure, I will be in sliver Swift VXi with ABS. Possible spot will be A2B for breakfast.

regards,
-manju
Old 11th September 2008, 22:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

Mate why don't you simply the hit the road and explore it all by yourself. Do you want to go back to the same plaza's where they serve stale idli's and dosa's ?

Doesn't it get monotonous to follow the same trail everytime ? If I were you I would have simply gotten the route details and then hit the pedal.
Check my travelogue here (Travelogue : Destination anywhere along the East Coast !!) .

BTW if you have a baby onboard I take back whatever I wrote in my post . Good luck and drive safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks