Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:29   #16
BHPian

If I wish to catch a train from Neral for Matheran, is there any car parking arrangement near railway station?
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:30   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
If I wish to catch a train from Neral for Matheran, is there any car parking arrangement near railway station?
Not sure of arrangement in Neral. However, please note that currently, Mini train to Matheran is out of action for repair works.

takecare and drive safely
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkavthekar View Post
Not sure of arrangement in Neral. However, please note that currently, Mini train to Matheran is out of action for repair works.
Thanks for the update.
Wished to travel in the mini train. I will have to postpone my trip to Matheran, which we were planning soon
Old 11th October 2010, 14:11   #19
BHPian

Is the mini-train still out of action? Are there designated view-point boards put up or is it more of just hang-out and experience the chillness kind of destination?
Old 15th January 2011, 03:27   #20
BHPian

Hotel with secure parking for 2 wheelers in Goa

Hi,
I am planning to ride to Goa from Pune on my 1978 Bull. Can you guys suggest some hotel which has secure parking for my Bull in and around Panaji, Baga and Palolem. Money is not a factor. The place has to be nice and clean, cos planning to go there with a certain someone who is very finicky about hygiene!!!
Old 15th January 2011, 04:45   #21
BHPian

Re: Hotel with secure parking for 2 wheelers in Goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
Hi,
I am planning to ride to Goa from Pune on my 1978 Bull. Can you guys suggest some hotel which has secure parking for my Bull in and around Panaji, Baga and Palolem. Money is not a factor. The place has to be nice and clean, cos planning to go there with a certain someone who is very finicky about hygiene!!!
Well need some information about hotels with secure 4 wheeler parking throughout GOA? I'm not looking for the costliest options though.
Old 15th January 2011, 09:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hotel with secure parking for 2 wheelers in Goa

Goa is generally pretty safe, and 2/4 wheelers are not tampered with wherever you park them. I've spent 2 years there as a student. Every weekend, we'd be off to some exotic destination, where we stayed in the budgetest of budget accos, and the bike would just be parked on the road. Nothing ever happened.

So relax.

Edit: @Leepower - Oh, just noticed your bike is a 1978 Bull. Trust me, NO ONE will touch a bike like that. They'll just think they're one of the local old bulls belonging to the local mafia

Last edited by predatorwheelz : 15th January 2011 at 09:16.
Old 25th March 2013, 19:17   #23
BHPian

Public/Private Car Parking @ Tirpuati for a day

We are planning to go to Tirupati sometime in June, instead of taking a Cab go to Central and again take a Cab form Central Home while coming back, we are thinking of taking our own Car, park @ Tirupati and go to Tirumala using the Govt. Bus.

I am not familiar with driving in hills especially Tirumala, so don't want to take my car all the way up to Tirumala.

Please advise if there is facility available where we can park and go.

TIA
Old 25th March 2013, 21:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

Re: Public/Private Car Parking @ Tirpuati for a day

Quote:
We are planning to go to Tirupati sometime in June, instead of taking a Cab go to Central and again take a Cab form Central Home while coming back, we are thinking of taking our own Car, park @ Tirupati and go to Tirumala using the Govt. Bus.

I am not familiar with driving in hills especially Tirumala, so don't want to take my car all the way up to Tirumala.

Please advise if there is facility available where we can park and go.
Hi, you can park your car in any of the TTD's buildings which offer accomodation at Tirupati, or you can even park it in the Bus stand at the base of the hill (Alipiri).
But I would suggest you drive up the hill in your car as the roads are fantastic and are one ways (one way for going and another for returning), and there are hardly any steep climbs. The roads are well marked and it's a pleasure to drive up or down.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2013, 21:36   #25
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 26th March 2013 at 13:24.
Rovergen is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th March 2013, 00:35   #26
BHPian

As mentioned by the previous posters, you can park it in the Alipiri bus stand, just ensure that you unplug audio / GPS and any other stuff that can attract attention. We have parked there multiple times as we prefer to walk upto Tirumala and havent have had any problems ...one more option is that, there is a Raghavendra Swamy mutt near RS market and you can park in the bylanes or adjacent to the temple( they have a security guy for night ).
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 07:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

There is a private parking just before the climb starts or the place where the padayatra starts. The parking is on the left side where all tourist cabs/buses also park, and its safe. We have parked and climbed the hill. The car was there for whole day, and no issues.
mjothi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 13:44   #28
BHPian

Re: The "Where do I Park" Thread

Thanks a lot for all the inputs. Now I am pretty confident on taking my car.

Most Viewed