Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2016, 19:50   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Can you please give some detail about the road condition from Jablapur to Mirzapur? I know it not is good shape a recent update from you would be good to know specifically from Reva onward.
Yes Vijay, that will be really useful. We only know that the road is bad, but from where to where exactly, after Jabalpur etc. are not known. Please give us a brief update, as time allows you.
Vip.
Old 10th October 2016, 03:23   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please give some detail about the road condition from Jablapur to Mirzapur? I know it not is good shape a recent update from you would be good to know specifically from Reva onward.

-Pramod
Rawa to UP border is manageable even with four lane work in progress. The moment you enter UP enroute Mirzapur, you miraculously get teleported to moon for close to 70 kms. There are patches of 2-3 kms where you return to earth but then that's it. I did that in my XUV on 3rd Oct and managed to scrape the underbelly at least thrice. And yes I managed to reach Mirzapur in around 3.5 hrs from the time I entered UP.

The only good thing is that diesel is cheaper by Rs 2.5/litre from the next closest price/state.
Travelator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 21:32   #138
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Patna : Route Queries

Quote:

-Pramod
Last minute changes to the plan landed me in Allahabad. Jabalpur to Rewa was average single carriage way, with patches of bad roads (60-80 Kmph).
Rewa to Allahabad was one of the worst roads I have ever traveled. Last 100 kms took over 3 hours. I heard roads to Mirzapur are better than Allahabad.

Next day I traveled from Allahabad to Mirzapur, roads were descent for the most parts.

I have changed my return path, will travel back from Kanpur (tom morning).
vijaymishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 11:59   #139
BHPian

Here is a small road review from my recent trip, will write a detailed one later.

Travel from Bangalore to Allahabad
Total distance ~1800 km.

Day 1 - Bangalore to Nagpur
1070 kms in total
around 70 kms of bad roads around pandharkawada. I drove on these bad roads after sunset in heavy rains, during return I crossed this in day time and did not looked so bad.

Day 2- Nagpur to Allahabad ( via Seoni, Lakhanadon, Jabalpur, Katni, Rewa)
Total distance - 800 kms, time - 16 Hours
Horrible experience this day.
Around 70 kms from Buti Bori - Excellent & Scenic Toll Roads
From Mansar to 24 kms before Seoni - bad roads (average speed 30 kmph)
24 kms before Seoni - Good 20kms of Toll road.
This was the last good road for the day.
Post road conditions were average to bad, single carriageway all throughout
Driving in MP was at average speed of 60 kmph on single carriageway with average roads.
Rewa to Allahabad - I will never ever travel on this section. Specially 100 kms before Allahabad you get down from a toll road to no roads for 50 kms. This 50 kms took 3 hours with only trucks & dust for the company.
PM me if you need more details.
Old 17th July 2017, 10:51   #140
BHPian

Are there any roads/state highways in MP to bypass the bad condition of NH 7 . I am planning to do another road trip from Bangalore to Patna, but the condition of Highways in MP has deterred me from taking this stretch post my maiden run in 2011. Post that I have been taking the better and longer route via NH5. However with little time on hand, was wondering if there was a workaround via MP.
Old 15th June 2019, 06:42   #141
BHPian

I would be traveling to Patna and Madhepura and Back from Bangalore. What is the best route to take.
Old 27th October 2020, 11:37   #142
BHPian

Hello Friends, reviving this thread with this question and any responses and guidance will be welcome. I have not taken this route since 2014. So looking to take a road travel from Bangalore to Patna, possibly in November. Looking for guidance on sanitized stays, routes and road conditions. I won't be able to do more than 500 +/- 50 kms. as I will be traveling with a hyper-active toddler now.
Old 8th August 2021, 22:53   #143

Anyone recently travelled from Patna to Bangalore ? Need inputs on route and road conditions
Old 16th August 2021, 16:17   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthkashyap View Post
Anyone recently travelled from Patna to Bangalore ? Need inputs on route and road conditions
Not recently, mid feb I did Nagpur - Nawada but took Nagpur- Raipur- Jasiguda-Rachi - Nawada. It was all good till Tilaiya, Hazaribagh beyong this 4 lane work was in progress and the road were in worse conditions.

Over all still I felt better taking this route than Jalabpur-Rew-Mirjpur-Varanasi-Dobi-Nawada. Good part the distance are almost same 1100km.

Hope this helps in having one more option.

-Pramod
Old 12th November 2021, 15:45   #145
BHPian

Bumping up the old thread. Anyone recently travelled on Nagpur - Patna stretch?
I am driving from Pune in first week of Dec to Bakhtiyarpur, need route updates for following:
1) From Rewa - Better to take Hanumana ghat - Lalganj - Mirzapur Bypass to skip Varanasi traffic or Go via Prayagraj- Varanasi route?
2) Google shows Dehri On Sone - Daudnagar - Chechaul - Daniyawan - Fathua route for Bakhtiyarpur. Is road condition fine or better to drive through Patna bypass?

Appreciate inputs if any other better route available, also good hotel for night halt on GT road (in case of foggy conditions). Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks