Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2011, 20:55   #46
Senior - BHPian

I agree with HVK. But you will still slow down considerably thorugh city due to traffic. Depends on what time you will be crossing city. Late afternoons are best bet as traffic will be less due to heat

For latest - ten days old - on road condition between Hyderabad and Nagpur refer my inputs here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...pur-route.html

Last edited by aah78 : 24th March 2011 at 23:06. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 19th April 2011, 17:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore to Patna : Route Queries

Any updates on the Nagpur to Jabalpur stretch ?
Have a wedding to attend in June at Jabalpur and the train tickets are already sold out .
It's a straight NH7 from Hyderabad till Jabalpur as shown by google maps.
Hyderabad-Nagpur is not much of a concern as roads have been fairly good as reported by many members here but an update on the Nagpur-jabalpur stretch is what I am counting on ? Hoping that roads would be good.
Old 19th April 2011, 17:22   #48
BHPian

Nagpur-Jabalpur is a tourer's wet dream. It is single carriageway most of the way, but boy what lovely road it is! It snakes through the ghats of MP, the tarmac is smooth. It is pure driving bliss.

PS: On a personal note, I prefer single-carriageway snaking roads to the dull, drab, boring modern dual carriageways. The new roads get you to your destination faster but it is not much fun driving on them.
Old 19th April 2011, 17:43   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
It is one straight road through Nagpur city, made easier thanks to the elevated road at congested places like Dantoli. The Ring Road to bypass Nagpur city is quite a long route, hence you may end up spending the same or less time if you navigate through Nagpur city.
Yes, Hyderabad - Nagpur - Jabalpur is straight road but there is a Y section in front of RBI where generally people confuses. So, anyone approaching towards Jabalpur has to take right side of Y junction along with Kasturchand Park. Then there are several signals. Nagpur is not congested city, so expect come out to Jabalpur road easily.

One more information: Near RBI signal if you take right then you will reach Raipur road.

Ring road would never be option for Jabalpur road. However, from Mumbai side ring road is option for Jabalpur road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
Thankyou Kumar ji for clarification, so its anytime best to take the city route instead of bypass.
Yes, absolutely. Also Nagpur is very friendly and decongested city, so you will not get congestion anywhere.
Old 19th April 2011, 17:48   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1881 View Post
Nagpur-Jabalpur is a tourer's wet dream. It is single carriageway most of the way, but boy what lovely road it is! It snakes through the ghats of MP, the tarmac is smooth. It is pure driving bliss.
Hey Rohit, thanks man!!
You took this route on your ladakh trip , is it ?
Man, you are tempting me with your words. Now Patna is just another 700kms from Jabalpur and I am so dying to drive from Hyderabad to Patna.

But for now, looks like Jabalpur would be a road trip.
Old 26th April 2011, 19:35   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hey Rohit, thanks man!!
You took this route on your ladakh trip , is it ?
Man, you are tempting me with your words. Now Patna is just another 700kms from Jabalpur and I am so dying to drive from Hyderabad to Patna.

But for now, looks like Jabalpur would be a road trip.
Nah, took this route on my Hyderabad - Patna - Hyderabad trip last June. Hyderabad to Jabalpur can be done in one day (about 14 hours including halts for breakfast, lunch, pee-breaks, photo-ops, level crossings). May be I will post my Patna log too .
Old 26th April 2011, 20:02   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
May be I will post my Patna log too .
Hey Rohit, sure post your Patna log.will be looking forward for it.I dont recall where you are from?I guess somewhere from UP?
post soon.
Old 5th May 2011, 00:27   #53

Nice to see the travelogues. Although a lil old now, a childhood friend and I did the Hyd to Varanasi trip. We put some details and photos on a blogsite at that time: middleindia.blogspot.com

I will recollect a few snippets. Started in Hyd at 6 am in the morning and reached Seoni ( distance of about 610km). Thereafter we slowed down a bit. Stayed mostly in mtdc guest houses. The one in Seoni and Khajuraho were superb. After Seoni, we stopes in Satna for night halt, spent a few days in Varanasi, came back to Khajuraho, Sagar, Pachmarhi and Nagpur. We mostly did not trace our path back in MP. The route from Pachmarhi to Nagpur was through thick forests, and at times, our only company on the road were monkeys. For tens of kilometres at a stretch we would not see a single car or truck or even people.

Absolutely fabulous trip overall. Roads were horrible mostly. But, not much traffic except trucks (very much unlike Pune Hyd route, which is extremely crowded). We went in Wagon R and clocked 30kms less than 3000 .

Today, I was looking at alternatives to Pune Solapurekta Rd and came across the road trips on this forum. Felt quite nostalgic and decided to share a few snippets.

Ok. Coming back to one of the questions, Nagpur to Jabalpur was pretty decent and I expect it to be so. But, Hyd to Jabalpur is a bit ambitious. We reached Seoni at almost 10pm though we started at 6am in Hyd. Nagpur would be a comfortable halt in my opinion.
Old 12th May 2011, 19:47   #54
BHPian

My friend is driving from hyd to allahabad on the 15th. He is planning to reach jabalpur on the first day and break for the night before continuing to allahabad the next day. My serach of the forum revealed good roads till rewa. any update of the road condition between rewa and allahabad?
Old 4th June 2011, 22:41   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwood123 View Post
We reached Seoni at almost 10pm though we started at 6am in Hyd. Nagpur would be a comfortable halt in my opinion.
Is that because of traffic and bad roads? I found the distance between these two is only 619 kms Link ...16 hrs for 619 kms or am I missing something?
Old 5th June 2011, 14:04   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

PS: On a personal note, I prefer single-carriageway snaking roads to the dull, drab, boring modern dual carriageways. The new roads get you to your destination faster but it is not much fun driving on them.
I too have become fan of single carriage ways! It will be a pleasure to drive during day time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Is that because of traffic and bad roads? I found the distance between these two is only 619 kms Link ...16 hrs for 619 kms or am I missing something?
The road condition on NH 7 at some places is bad and slows you down at many places. It will be good to break at Nagpur. Take a look at my detailed report of this strech on this link. I dont think things would have changed in last two months.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...pur-route.html

Last edited by .anshuman : 5th June 2011 at 16:55. Reason: Back to Back post within 30mins, Please use Multi-quote button when quoting more than one post. Thanks
Old 5th June 2011, 19:51   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
...The road condition on NH 7 at some places is bad and slows you down at many places. It will be good to break at Nagpur. Take a look at my detailed report of this strech on this link. I dont think things would have changed in last two months.
If you are starting your journey from Hyderabad then breaking it at Nagpur would be overkill. Nagpur-Hyderabad takes only 6-7 hours these days. Itarsi is very comfortably do-able in 13-14 hours. The stay options are limited but they are alright if you have to only spend a night for rest. Hotel Meghdoot opposite the Itarsi Railway Station is a decent option. Carry fresh sheets because I had an experience where they had run out of clean sheets. Apart from that, the staff is good, the food is good, and it is safe for women.
Old 5th June 2011, 20:51   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you are starting your journey from Hyderabad then breaking it at Nagpur would be overkill. Nagpur-Hyderabad takes only 6-7 hours these days
Is this 6-7 hrs doable with moderate driving or with only spirited one? Accounted for non-break trip?
Old 5th June 2011, 21:16   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this 6-7 hrs doable with moderate driving or with only spirited one? Accounted for non-break trip?
Just to give our own example. We left Nagpur around 1.30 PM and we were in Hyderabad at 10 PM in our Scorpio with 45 Mins break for lunch. Yes, if you leave early in the morning say 5 AM you should be able to reach Nagpur by 2 PM comfortably. That way, what Lucifer says is correct. It will be overkill to stay in Nagpur overnight and can definitely stretch.
Old 6th June 2011, 00:05   #60
BHPian

Quote:
To quote my example, I left Hyderabad at 6:00 am and was at the Nagpur level crossing by 12:30 pm. This included a 45 min halt for breakfast. We had to stop there for a train to pass. Add another half an hour from there to enter Nagpur proper. And this was when the highway beyond Adilabad was in pretty bad shape.

PS: I drive a Bolero SLX. The most spirited that car allows me to get is 120 kmph but it takes an eternity getting there.
PPS: I have done Hyd-Nagpur and Nagpur-Hyd twice each way. And my times have been similar.

Most Viewed