Team-BHP - Bangalore to Patna : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore to Patna : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/46244-bangalore-patna-route-queries-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 3285287)
I think your Day 1 is too aggressive.
There are too many bad roads in various sectors, including Solapur-Nanded-Nagpur.
I would not go via Gumla-Ranchi, traditionally considered unsafe and also having bad roads.
Instead, I would take Nagpur-Chindwara-Seoni-Mandla-Shahpura-Umariya-Barhi-Maihar-Rewa-Allahabad-Varanasi route, which has mostly good roads except for a few bad sections beyond Rewa till the MP border.

Noted. I had no idea of the roads in maharashtra between Solapur and Nagpur and thought that they would generally be good.

I recently called up a friend who lives in Katni (Between Jabalpur and Rewa) and he had been home two months ago. The distance between Jabalpur and Katni was covered in 4.5 hours in a bus by him. This was the deterrent factor which made us to believe that roads in MP are really bad and hatchbacks and sedans would struggle on this route making us lose precious time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3285297)
Why take road via Solapur to Nagpur ? Why not Hyderabad?
You get 4-lane for long stretches. And if there are multiple drivers can be covered in a day potentially.

Mangalore-Udupi-Agumbe-Shimoga-Harihar-Hospet-Raichur-Mehbubnagar-Hyd-Nagpur.

The route you have advised was also under consideration. We (the same lot) have been to Hampi on bikes on this route. Found excellent roads throughout the way. Shimoga to Hospet was almost a straight road no diversions or by-lanes anywhere. This was in January this year.

But for some reason Google maps is showing a lesser travel time on the route via Ankola-Bijapur.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tgo (Post 3285730)
But for some reason Google maps is showing a lesser travel time on the route via Ankola-Bijapur.

I really doubt that. With 4-lane options available it should be much faster than the option via Ankola. In fact if you see in Google, the distance is almost same via Harihar/Hospet/Raichur/Hyd. And you get 4-lane roads beyond Mehbubnagar.

Quote:

I think your Day 1 is too aggressive.
There are too many bad roads in various sectors, including Solapur-Nanded-Nagpur.
I would not go via Gumla-Ranchi, traditionally considered unsafe and also having bad roads.
Instead, I would take Nagpur-Chindwara-Seoni-Mandla-Shahpura-Umariya-Barhi-Maihar-Rewa-Allahabad-Varanasi route, which has mostly good roads except for a few bad sections beyond Rewa till the MP border.

Sir, how are you ? its been long since we interacted.....
one more option after umariya would be Umariya -> Tala -> Beohari -> Govindgarh -> Khand -> Nampur Naikin -> Churhat -> Hanumana (MP & UP border)

What say?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubhendra (Post 3286941)
Sir, how are you ? its been long since we interacted.....
one more option after umariya would be Umariya -> Tala -> Beohari -> Govindgarh -> Khand -> Nampur Naikin -> Churhat -> Hanumana (MP & UP border)

What say?

Sounds interesting, but I have idea at all. But since the Umariya region roads are good, this one may also be. Before the rains, the Mirzapur-Varanasi NH7 was good.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubhendra (Post 3286941)

I have one question...
Both of you have taken chhindwara into consideration whereas the route from Nagpur to Seoni is straight through Panna National Park if we take NH7. Any reason for avoiding NH7? Chhindwara adds another 50 km to the journey.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tgo (Post 3287289)
I have one question...
Both of you have taken chhindwara into consideration whereas the route from Nagpur to Seoni is straight through Panna National Park if we take NH7. Any reason for avoiding NH7? Chhindwara adds another 50 km to the journey.

The route via Chindwara is preferred because NH7 north of Nagpur through the Pench WLS is in a very bad shape towards Seoni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tgo (Post 3287289)
I have one question...

As Kumar sir mentioned, roads through Pench is not good, avoid it.

Shubhendra

I will be driving from Lucknow to Hyderabad next week. My plan, as I was planning for a long time, is to take the Kanpur-Jhansi-Lalitpur-Sagar-Seoni route. I am planning to stay first night at Sagar (hotel paradise?) and then the next day at Nagpur. My immediate queries are three:

1. Which are the locations in Sagar where I can find hotels if I don't get place in Paradise? How do we reach Paradise from the N-S corridor? Are there other hotels nearby itself, or around the rly station area?

2. Which are the hotels nearest to NH 7 or bypass at Nagpur? Or should I enter the city itself?

3. Which are the major bad patches on the way?

Any input will help me, I hope.

My plan: Start early from Lucknow, if there is no fog. I don't want to drive more than 600 kms on the first day, and more than 500 the second day. Breakfast stop somewhere near Pokhrayan/Chaunraha on NH 25 (East-West corridor). Lunch stop somewhere around Babina. I am looking forward to stay at Sagar (Lalitpur will be too early I suppose).

Vipin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar (Post 3320849)
I will be driving from Lucknow to Hyderabad next week. My plan, as I was planning for a long time, is to take the Kanpur-Jhansi-Lalitpur-Sagar-Seoni route. I am planning to stay first night at Sagar (hotel paradise?) and then the next day at Nagpur. My immediate queries are three:

1. Which are the locations in Sagar where I can find hotels if I don't get place in Paradise? How do we reach Paradise from the N-S corridor? Are there other hotels nearby itself, or around the rly station area?

2. Which are the hotels nearest to NH 7 or bypass at Nagpur? Or should I enter the city itself?

3. Which are the major bad patches on the way?

Any input will help me, I hope.

My plan: Start early from Lucknow, if there is no fog. I don't want to drive more than 600 kms on the first day, and more than 500 the second day. Breakfast stop somewhere near Pokhrayan/Chaunraha on NH 25 (East-West corridor). Lunch stop somewhere around Babina. I am looking forward to stay at Sagar (Lalitpur will be too early I suppose).

Vipin.

Paradise is TOUTED as the only "good" "decent" option.Good decent are all relative ofcourse:Frustrati.I would suggest that you check out Deepali Residency,it has been renovated and is quite good is what I hear. http://hoteldeepali.com/. This one is on Jabalpur road.Not very difficult to get there from NH7.

No hotels on Nagpur BP afaik.Peanut is a good budget option at Nagpur within the city.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjitp1 (Post 3321358)
I would suggest that you check out Deepali Residency,it has been renovated and is quite good is what I hear. http://hoteldeepali.com/. This one is on Jabalpur road.Not very difficult to get there from NH7.

No hotels on Nagpur BP afaik.Peanut is a good budget option at Nagpur within the city.

Thanks. Yes, it looks to be decent, and I think, it is not far from the point where Paradise is also situated.

I was also wondering where NH7 is in Sagar!

I don't mind entering Nagpur city, for stay.

Vipin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjitp1 (Post 3321358)
I would suggest that you check out Deepali Residency,it has been renovated and is quite good is what I hear. http://hoteldeepali.com/. This one is on Jabalpur road.Not very difficult to get there from NH7.

Thanks ranjitp1! On my way, I stayed at Hotel Deepali in Sagar, both while travelling to Hyderabad and while returning from there. AC double room is 1800/- plus tax. Rooms are pretty good and clean, renovated and fresh. And the charges include a comprehensive complementary breakfast too. It is just 200 meters before Hotel Paradise and 50 meters before the Vinayak Ford showroom, and exactly 2 kms from the North-South corridor/NH 26/44.

I couldn't really get a decent option in Nagpur city, and could not locate Peanut, as it was already night. Hence managed to stay in Shravan, which turned out to be a bad one. But while returning, I got a hotel 20 kms before Nagpur city, at Buti Bori, Nagpur industrial area, almost on the highway itself. It is a new Hotel Mayur, and a fantastic non-AC room came to only Rs. 950/-. The same room with AC costs you Rs. 1800/-. And the best thing is that you can take the Oriental Nagpur Bypass.

My detailed travel report is under preparation!

Vipin.

Hi Guys,

I am contemplating on a longish trip essentially to attend a wedding in Patna. And ranchi being my home town and dhanbad being for my better half. I am planning to incorporate all these. I will starting from Bangalore in my XUV with my wife and 1 year old kid. One option of making this trip via Ranchi is being explored and I have enquired on the other thread for that. However, alternately I would like to know how/what should be the route if I plan to make direct trip to Patna from Bangalore (via Hyd).
1.Any good stay options enroute and eateries.
2. Road COnditions
3. Safety situation

I can allot 3 days to this one way drive at max.

@HVK Sir, thanks for replying my query at the other thread. However, can you please evaluate both the options and tell me your opinion on this (Blr Patna via Ranch or this direct one)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by WheelWake (Post 3377808)
Hi Guys,
I am contemplating on a longish trip essentially to attend a wedding in Patna. And ranchi being my home town and dhanbad being for my better half...

I have traveled on all these places except Ranchi in 2012 and again I am going again this year in May first week. One thing is sure that the sections of MP road (NH-7) in the route from Bangalore - Hyderbad - Varanasi - Patna is extremely bad. I have traveled in Tata Safari and still don't find courage to do that MP road again. If you want to take this route then you should research and plan the route that hvkumar sir posted above via Umaria. Otherwise, take slightly longer route from Vizag - Kolkata.

This time, I will be going to Dhanbad, Giridih and back and I would be doing mostly Bangalore - Vizag - Kharagpur - Raniganj - Gobindpur - Giridih. I would like to try NH60 between Kharagpur and Raniganj to find the road condition. If road between these two places is good then I will return from same route otherwise, I will return via Kolkata.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anujmishra (Post 3378459)
This time, I will be going to Dhanbad, Giridih and back and I would be doing mostly Bangalore - Vizag - Kharagpur - Raniganj - Gobindpur - Giridih. I would like to try NH60 between Kharagpur and Raniganj to find the road condition. If road between these two places is good then I will return from same route otherwise, I will return via Kolkata.

Last I heard in 2013, this route was still in bad shape and I was told to avoid this route. I am not sure if things have changed after that.

Moreover, in my case the travel was in a sedan while you'll be doing it in the safari. I hope the Kolkata BHPians can give the latest position of the route.

Hello,

I have been thinking of going to Jabalpur from Bangalore and back some time in the coming month. I've driven to Hyderabad a while back, and would like to know the road condition, approximate time range, traffic hot spots (time to avoid certain roads?). Also, I think I'll have to break the journey and split it over two days right? Where is a good place to break and halt? Thanks for all the help.

--
Razee