Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2014, 13:48   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Route: Bangalore to Jabalpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by razeetg View Post
Hello,

I have been thinking of going to Jabalpur from Bangalore and back some time in the coming month. I've driven to Hyderabad a while back, and would like to know the road condition, approximate time range, traffic hot spots (time to avoid certain roads?). Also, I think I'll have to break the journey and split it over two days right? Where is a good place to break and halt? Thanks for all the help.

--
Razee
I would suggest that you do BLR-Nagpur on day 1 and Nagpur-JBP on day 2.

BLR-Shamshabad ORR start:6-6.5hrs

ORR:1hr (speed regulated)Entry to Exit NH-NH7

ORR Exit-Nagpur:6-7HRS (Bad patches at the AP-MH border at Pandharkawda and around Hinganghat are the only two bad sections)

Nagpur-Jabalpur:5.5-6hrs

Nagpur-Mansar:4laned
Mansar-Seoni (MH Side is work in progress and MP side is very good)
Seoni-Lakhnadon:4 laned
Lakhnadon-Narsinghpur:4 laned
Narsingpur-Jabalpur:Good tolled state highway

Depending on your budget,Nagpur has plenty of places to stay.Peanut is a good place inside town

An earlier post from a TBhpian on a different thread says this:
20 kms before Nagpur city, at Buti Bori, Nagpur industrial area, almost on the highway itself is a new Hotel Mayur, and a fantastic non-AC room came to only Rs. 950/-. The same room with AC costs you Rs. 1800/-. And the best thing is that you can take the Oriental Nagpur Bypass.
UNQUOTE
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 16:25   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
I would suggest that you do BLR-Nagpur on day 1 and Nagpur-JBP on day 2.
Thanks for the info. I was thinking of breaking before Hyd, but it makes more sense to cover more of the road on the first day. Unless maybe if I'm starting on a Friday afternoon. Haven't decided on it though.
Old 24th June 2014, 20:18   #108
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore to Patna via Hyderabad/Nagpur/Jabalpur/Mughalsari

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I was thinking of breaking before Hyd, but it makes more sense to cover more of the road on the first day. Unless maybe if I'm starting on a Friday afternoon. Haven't decided on it though.

If you are starting on a Friday afternoon then stay the night in Hyd and do Hyd Jabalpur on day 2.Hebbal shamshabad is just a 6hr drive.2hrs anantpur 2hrs kurnool 2hrs shamshabad

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 24th June 2014 at 20:20.
Old 16th October 2014, 11:22   #109
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Patna : Route Queries

Requesting recent update on Jabalpur-Rewa-Varanasi road condition.

Planning to take this route, Nagpur-Jabalpur-Rewa-Mirzapur-Varanasi-Gaya-Nawada.

-Pramod
Old 20th October 2014, 08:23   #110
BHPian

Nagpur-Jabalpur-Riwa-Mirzapur-Banaras-Gaya road condition update :

Nagpur-Jabalpur, the road is ok till Seoni, it gets better after Seoni. Average speed in range of 60kmph. This road is a mix of 4 lane and single lane.

Jabalpur to Riwa, single lane well maintained road, better than Nagpur-Seoni road, Average speed in range of 70kmph.

Riwa-Hanumna, no roads, Average speed in range of 25kmph. 4 lane road construction is in full swing, may take around a year or so to get in shape.

Hanumana-Mirzapur-Banasar: UP roads are no better and possibly no repair have been done since long. Its similar to Riwa, no repair or construction work planned. Average age speed in range of 25kmph.

Banaras- Dhobi: NH2, 4 lane road, 6 lane work in progress, consistent all along. Average speed in range of 75kmph.

Dhobi-Gaya: 3kms bad road once you get off NH2, single lane good road thereafter . Average speed in range of 65kmph

Gaya-Nawada: single lane good road. Average speed in range of 60kmph.

I will be taking back this same route in reverse order on 21st Oct again. The Quoted average is what I got on my bike(Tiger Explorer).

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 20th October 2014 at 08:33.
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 16:41   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Nagpur-Jabalpur-Riwa-Mirzapur-Banaras-Gaya road condition update :

Nagpur-Jabalpur, the road is ok till Seoni, it gets better after Seoni. Average speed in range of 60kmph. This road is a mix of 4 lane and single lane.

Jabalpur to Riwa, single lane well maintained road, better than Nagpur-Seoni road, Average speed in range of 70kmph.

Riwa-Hanumna, no roads, Average speed in range of 25kmph. 4 lane road construction is in full swing, may take around a year or so to get in shape.

Hanumana-Mirzapur-Banasar: UP roads are no better and possibly no repair have been done since long. Its similar to Riwa, no repair or construction work planned. Average age speed in range of 25kmph.

Banaras- Dhobi: NH2, 4 lane road, 6 lane work in progress, consistent all along. Average speed in range of 75kmph.

Dhobi-Gaya: 3kms bad road once you get off NH2, single lane good road thereafter . Average speed in range of 65kmph

Gaya-Nawada: single lane good road. Average speed in range of 60kmph.

I will be taking back this same route in reverse order on 21st Oct again. The Quoted average is what I got on my bike(Tiger Explorer).

-Pramod

Hello Pramod,

I am planning my yearly Bangalore to Patna road trip. My normal route is Bangalore-Tirupati-Nayudupet-Vijaywada-Kharagpur-Durgapur-Dobhi-Patna. However, this time I am exploring Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur-Rewa-Mohaniya-Patna route since it is 400 kms short.Can you please tell me if this route is good for a Sedan. My car's road clearance is 170 mm. Please tell me about the road conditions beyond Hyderabad.

Cheers
RollingWheels
Old 21st October 2014, 18:37   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingWheels View Post
Hello Pramod,

I am planning my yearly Bangalore to Patna road trip. My normal route is Bangalore-Tirupati-Nayudupet-Vijaywada-Kharagpur-Durgapur-Dobhi-Patna. However, this time I am exploring Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur-Rewa-Mohaniya-Patna route since it is 400 kms short.Can you please tell me if this route is good for a Sedan. My car's road clearance is 170 mm. Please tell me about the road conditions beyond Hyderabad.

Cheers
RollingWheels
The entire stretch is mostly good now.

We covered Bangalore - Nagpur-Allahabad in July 2014 on board our faithful " Seabiscuit " ( Wagon R ).

Be careful in the Pandharkawada section before Nagpur.However construction was on in full swing.

No need of taking any alternative route between Jabalpur to Rewa.

Beyond Rewa as well, except a few rough stretches which are easily manageable in your car, the route is through.

Wherever loose gravel is to be tread upon, do it at low speed lest the gravel should get lodged in the tyre-drum-brakes etc.

Happy mile munching!
onkar1710 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 19:47   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Pramod,

However, this time I am exploring Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur-Rewa-Mohaniya-Patna route since it is 400 kms short.Can you please tell me if this route is good for a Sedan. My car's road clearance is 170 mm. Please tell me about the road conditions beyond Hyderabad.

Cheers
RollingWheels
Hi,

I did the Hyd- Nagpur section 3 days back. Pandharkawada - Hinganghat section is pathetic. Construction work is going on in this section. During certain stretches in this section there are no roads at all. Be careful when you cross this section as there are monster craters on the way. My car got stuck once on a stretch which just had loose rock pieces. Due to the weight of the car the rock pieces next to the wheels moved sidewards resulting in the car getting stuck. Somehow I wriggled out of this tricky situation.

Apart from this section, the rest of Hyd - Nagpur is breeze.

Drive safe!!
champ27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 07:39   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ27 View Post
Hi,

I did the Hyd- Nagpur section 3 days back. Pandharkawada - Hinganghat section is pathetic. Construction work is going on in this section. During certain stretches in this section there are no roads at all. Be careful when you cross this section as there are monster craters on the way. My car got stuck once on a stretch which just had loose rock pieces. Due to the weight of the car the rock pieces next to the wheels moved sidewards resulting in the car getting stuck. Somehow I wriggled out of this tricky situation.

Apart from this section, the rest of Hyd - Nagpur is breeze.

Drive safe!!
@Rollingwheels - Do not do this section (Pandharkawada Hinghanghat) in the night.With no roads, dust and trucks all around you, visibility becomes quite low and spotting craters becomes difficult.

Last edited by ramanak : 22nd October 2014 at 07:41.
ramanak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 10:33   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

I have been thinking of going to Jabalpur from Bangalore and back some time in the coming month. I've driven to Hyderabad a while back, and would like to know the road condition, approximate time range, traffic hot spots (time to avoid certain roads?). Also, I think I'll have to break the journey and split it over two days right? Where is a good place to break and halt? Thanks for all the help.

--
Razee
I am planning to do the same in Dec (2nd week). I have been inquiring about the road conditions and have been told that the road from Nagpur to Jabalpur, is now a breeze.

I have done this route before and that stretch (NGP-JBP) was my only concern!

Ideal plan should be
Day1: Blr- Adilabad
Day2: Adilabad- Jbp

Adilabad you have a couple of hotels and the good news now is that the Nagpur bypass is ready, so no need to pass through it, which means more time saved!

Let me know your plans as I also plan to do it with my wife and 1 yr old kid!
Old 22nd October 2014, 10:57   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
I am planning to do the same in Dec (2nd week). I have been inquiring about the road conditions and have been told that the road from Nagpur to Jabalpur, is now a breeze.

I have done this route before and that stretch (NGP-JBP) was my only concern!

Ideal plan should be
Day1: Blr- Adilabad
Day2: Adilabad- Jbp

Adilabad you have a couple of hotels and the good news now is that the Nagpur bypass is ready, so no need to pass through it, which means more time saved!

Let me know your plans as I also plan to do it with my wife and 1 yr old kid!
Hey there! This plan kept getting delayed. I want to do this sometime in November when I am likely to get a few days off. My grandmother might be coming along, in which case I won't be driving. Or like before, there is a risk that I will have to postpone it further. I will update this thread if and when I am making the trip.
Old 22nd October 2014, 12:41   #117
Senior - BHPian

I just did Blr-Hyd-Nagpur-Seoni-Jhansi-Lucknow a day back. As others have said - Adilabad-Hinganghat is hell - dont do it at night. Instead of pushing on to Nagpur - much better if you stop at Adilabad itself. Nagpur-Seoni is OK - road is a mix of 4lane & 2 lane - but condition is good.
Old 23rd October 2014, 11:40   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Pramod,

Cheers
RollingWheels
I don't see any problem in taking sedan on these road, apart from few rough patches overall road is good. I came back yesterday, few bad patches in Rewa-Mirzapur are being worked on for daily use.

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 23rd October 2014 at 11:48.
Old 15th January 2015, 22:56   #119
BHPian

Hi there,
Me & my friend are planning a roadtrip from Bangalore to Rewa (MP), planning to take NH7 all the way. Just need a recent update regarding the road conditions & any possible alternatives to the bad sections.
Lastly we are having 2 cars at our disposal (i20 1.2 Sports & swift zxi) & cant decide which one to take on the trip, all suggestions are welcome.
Thanks!
Old 30th September 2015, 16:07   #120
BHPian

Reviving this thread.

Planning to take this route from Bangalore to Patna accompanied by my wife and brother. There will be two drivers all together. I plan to start very early (3am) from Bangalore.
Please suggest the ideal stopovers for the trip and road condition esp. Adilabad-Hinganghat section.

Help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks