Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2015, 11:22   #121
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Patna : Route Queries

Dear All,
Any fresh updates on this route. Planning to take a trip from Patna to Bangalore in December. Have kept mostly to NH2 and NH5 but strapped for time this year, so needed to take the NH7 route once again. Last time, when I took this route in June 2011, there were multiple bad stretches, so need any fresh updates on the same -
1) Adilabad-Hinganghat section
2) Nagpur - Seoni - Jabalpur section
3) Jabalpur - Katni Section
4) Katni - Rewa and Mirzapur Ghat section (is it advisable to take the ghats or are there any alternatives available?)
5) Rewa - Hanumana Section

Any updates on the 4 laning in these sections? What are the possible stretches one should avoid. I will be driving a low level Sedan, thus negotiating pot-holes could be a challenge. Last time I was hit at least 4-5 times, and had to get down to check for damages - the roads were that bad. Looking for some serious advise and guidance since I might be taking this route during foggy winters.
RollingWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 15:06   #122
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingWheels View Post
As of Sep/Oct 2015, this stretch was alright, free from any potholes or craters. Here are some pics.

(1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 19:45   #123
BHPian

I did Bhedaghat to Pune on 30 apr-1 May 2016.
Took the route suggested by Google maps. Bhedaghat - Shahpura - Narsinghpur - Chindwara - Katol - NH6 - Amravati - Aurangabad - Ahmednagar - Pune
This route bypasses Nagpur by a long way.

Bhedaghat - Narsinghpur- Started at 8:00 am. Sparse traffic. Road is bit patchy but you can manage around 70-90km/hr.
Narsinghpur - Chindwara till MP border - Dream roads - Fantastic drive. IMHO this is the best route I have done till now. Just wow. Would be a beautiful drive in rains.
From MH border, google maps put me on MH state highway 247. It was horrible 3-4 kms at first, but then it smoothened out. Again sparse traffic so could drive around 80+. Was really hungry as I reached Katol. Found a very good restaurant "Shri kheteshwar bikaner restaurant and bakery" which served a decent thali.
NH6 to Amravati. Fantastic 2 lane roads. Can easily manage 100+.
Amravati to Mehkar - Good roads, less traffic. Can manage 80-100 speeds easily.
Mehkar - Sindhkhed - This is the worst stretch of the route. Single lane, broken roads and too narrow to overtake. Roads go through villages which further slows you down. The only saving grace is less traffic. There is a new restaurant just after Mehkar Bypass (Hotel Garva). Clean toilets and better hygiene.
Sindhkhed Raja - Jalna - single lane without divider. The direct road now has fresh coat. One need not go through Deulgaon Raja to reach Sindhked Raja. Sparse traffic. Could manage speeds of 70-90.
Auranagbad - Jalna - Hit this stretch in evening peak hours. 2 lane and good roads.
Aurangabad - Ahmednagar - The road towards Ahmednagar from Auranagbad is in excellent shape. Did around 100km/hr in morning hours.
Ahmednagar - Pune - The roads are excellent and no tolls. Use the right most lane while going through the tolls. For cars, the rightmost lane is marked with a height barrier which prevent trucks and other large vehicles from entering.
Old 22nd June 2016, 21:39   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingWheels View Post
Dear All,
Any fresh updates on this route. Planning to take a trip from Patna to Bangalore in December.
2) Nagpur - Seoni - Jabalpur section
3) Jabalpur - Katni Section
4) Katni - Rewa and Mirzapur Ghat section (is it advisable to take the ghats or are there any alternatives available?)
5) Rewa - Hanumana Section
Hi RollingWheels, Just curious whether you took that trip in December from Patna to Bangalore. Any update on the route would be really helpful as I am planning to do the reverse in October.
Old 26th June 2016, 11:25   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelator View Post
Hi RollingWheels, Just curious whether you took that trip in December from Patna to Bangalore. Any update on the route would be really helpful as I am planning to do the reverse in October.
Hi Travelator - I did not take this route in December since i did not get any promising leads or updates. I took the usual NH 4 from Bangalore, NH 5 and then NH 2 to Patna both ways. I will search the NH website to see the progress made and revert to you. My last update is that about 200-250 odd kms. of NH7 is WIP.

In case you take this route in October, or get any fresh updates, let us know since we are planning again to explore this route in December this year.

Cheers,
Rolling Wheels
Old 26th June 2016, 19:54   #126
BHPian

Hello All,
I am in my initial planning stage to do a road trip from Bangalore to Allahabad/Varanasi and back during Dusshera Holidays (October 1-13).
are there any new route/road based on the heavy focus of this new government?
Are night travel safe?
vijaymishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 14:18   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaymishra View Post
Hello All,
I am in my initial planning stage to do a road trip from Bangalore to Allahabad/Varanasi and back during Dusshera Holidays (October 1-13).
are there any new route/road based on the heavy focus of this new government?
Are night travel safe?
Based on the research that i have put in till date since starting to plan my upcoming trip, I have the following inputs.

1. Night driving is to be avoided the moment you cross Maharashtra
2. Roads were predominantly good upto Jabalpur. Jabalpur to Varanasi was also decent until the floods in some regions of UP. These regions coincide with the most favorable route and portions of it have been severely affected by the floods.
3. No new roads have come up. Just that the condition of roads have improved in general.

Additionally wanted to know what dates you are planning to start. If the dates coincide, I can team with my family in my car. I am planning to start on 4th/5th Oct and reach Patna by 7th with two night halts at Hyderabad and Jabalpur.
Old 8th September 2016, 22:08   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Based on the research that i have put in till date since starting to plan my upcoming trip, I have the following inputs.

1. Night driving is to be avoided the moment you cross Maharashtra
2. Roads were predominantly good upto Jabalpur. Jabalpur to Varanasi was also decent until the floods in some regions of UP. These regions coincide with the most favorable route and portions of it have been severely affected by the floods.
3. No new roads have come up. Just that the condition of roads have improved in general.

Additionally wanted to know what dates you are planning to start. If the dates coincide, I can team with my family in my car. I am planning to start on 4th/5th Oct and reach Patna by 7th with two night halts at Hyderabad and Jabalpur.
Hello Travelator, Thanks for your response. Hope roads are motorable in the flood hit areas.
My plan is to leave on 30th right after kids school holiday, but I am also thinking why not start previous evening and reach Hyderabad, this way I can distribute my travel in 3 days.
Day 1 afternoon - Bang to Hyd
Day 2- Hyd to KAtni
Day 3- Katni to Varanasi.
Old 10th September 2016, 22:37   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Travelator, Thanks for your response. Hope roads are motorable in the flood hit areas.
My plan is to leave on 30th right after kids school holiday, but I am also thinking why not start previous evening and reach Hyderabad, this way I can distribute my travel in 3 days.
Day 1 afternoon - Bang to Hyd
Day 2- Hyd to KAtni
Day 3- Katni to Varanasi.
Indeed a good idea to plan your first halt in Hyd. You can do Bang - Hyd in close to 6-7 hours if you start by noon. Cross the city and stay just at the outskirts. This will allow you to save a good hour next morning enroute Katni.

Further, got the latest update that the roads between Katni and Varanasi are in good condition even after the floods
Old 12th September 2016, 20:13   #130
BHPian

Bangalore to Patna route query

Hi All, I have been planning a longish drive between Bangalore and Patna for a while. An earlier plan to drive down from Delhi to Bangalore couldn't materialize few years back. This time round I have given myself a month to prepare.

The idea is to surprise parents during the Dussehra holidays. Though I have been telling them that we intend to visit, the mode of transport is not mentioned. SO the surprise lies in the manner we reach rather.

I am planning to start on 4th Oct at the stroke of noon. The plan is to cover the 2200 odd kms taking two night breaks. One in Hyderabad and another after Jabalpur. There is a faint possibility of visiting Pachmarhi as well, enroute

The preferred route is: Bangalore - Hyderabad - Hinganghat - Nagpur - Jabalpur - Katni - Mirzapur - Mughalsarai - Patna

Suggestion and feedback on the current road condition and any alternatives are welcome.
Old 28th September 2016, 08:41   #131
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Patna route query

Quote:
Hi All, I have been planning a longish drive between Bangalore and Patna for a while. An earlier plan to drive down from Delhi to Bangalore couldn't materialize few years back. This time round I have given myself a month to prepare.

Suggestion and feedback on the current road condition and any alternatives are welcome.
Some feedback on another thread recommends avoiding Rewa route rather take the longer Chhindwara route, I guess due to bad roads.
Not sure how the road condition is.
I am starting my journey this Friday(30th Sep)
Day 1 - Bang - Nagpur (Hotel booked)
Day 2 - Nagpur - Mirzapur

If I get network/time I will update the road condition on this thread.
Old 28th September 2016, 09:46   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Some feedback on another thread recommends avoiding Rewa route rather take the longer Chhindwara route, I guess due to bad roads.
Not sure how the road condition is.
Hi Vijay,

I follow this thread also. Here too, Chindwara route is between Nagpur and Jabalpur only. Rewa will come after Jabalpur. Northwards from Jabalpur. So, for avoiding Rewa, it is another story. Just find out about it.

Vip.
Old 28th September 2016, 22:53   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Hi Vijay,

I follow this thread also. Here too, Chindwara route is between Nagpur and Jabalpur only. Rewa will come after Jabalpur. Northwards from Jabalpur. So, for avoiding Rewa, it is another story. Just find out about it.

Vip.
True that. Chindwara is between Nagpur and Jabalpur.

Anyway, got the update that road condition upto Rewa is good with patches that should be easily doable in any car. Beyong Rewa and after the MP border, its a stretch of 80 - 100 kms which is in pretty bad state after the rains and floods. You should watch out for that and plan accordingly.
Travelator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 06:46   #134
BHPian

Just Completed Blr<->Nagpur on my way to Mirzapur.
Road conditions from BLR to Maharashtra border is smooth.
Last 200 kns before Nagpur had over 70 kms of horrible road, combined with heavy rains and driving in the night was scary.
Road Review - Nagpur (-200 Kms)

- 200 = 35 Kms of Bad roads
-165 = 30 kms of toll road - good roads except some bad patches
-135 = 35 kms of super bad roads, driving in the night with heavy rains scared us, XUV underbelly scraped a few times
-100 = Good Toll Roads

I may of off in my distance calculations by +/- 5 kms..
Old 4th October 2016, 14:12   #135
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Patna : Route Queries

Quote:
Just Completed Blr<->Nagpur on my way to Mirzapur.
Can you please give some detail about the road condition from Jablapur to Mirzapur? I know it not is good shape a recent update from you would be good to know specifically from Reva onward.

-Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks