Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2013, 13:49   #61
BHPian

Re: Speed Camera/Radar Gun Locations in kerala

They have not spared the MC Road too. I saw atleast 12 locations between Changanassery to Trivandrum, where they have installed the sensors, but not the cameras. I believe it is a matter of time for them to complete that too.

My favourite road goes to the dogs :(
Mistakenguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 16:07   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistakenguy View Post
They have not spared the MC Road too. I saw atleast 12 locations between Changanassery to Trivandrum, where they have installed the sensors, but not the cameras. I believe it is a matter of time for them to complete that too.

OOps , now the roads will be the great revenue source for the kerala Govt.
Old 9th May 2013, 16:23   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
OOps , now the roads will be the great revenue source for the kerala Govt.
Definitely. They had released some figures of cochin alone which came to lakhs for one particular month.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 19:12   #64
BHPian

This leaves Malabar and NH 17 with no static cameras. So more trips up north for me
Old 17th May 2013, 16:04   #65
BHPian

Quote:

These are the locations where they have installed cameras in the MC Road.

Hatchery Jn,Chengannoor
Manthuka
Paranthal
Adoor bypass
Kilivayal
Karikkulam,
Valakam
Kuriyode
Thattathmala
Pulimath
Gokulam Mcollege

Last edited by Mistakenguy : 17th May 2013 at 16:05.
Mistakenguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2013, 08:34   #66
Senior - BHPian

My findings while driving from Trivandrum to Thrissur this week end , the below listed are the camera locations !

Hope that helps.

1. After kovalam junction (cameras pointing on both directions)

2. Renault showroom,Muttathara (cameras pointing on both directions)

3. Chakkai just before Lords hospital and after IMA (cameras pointing on both directions)

4. Attinkuzhy , diagonally opposite to Toyota showroom (cameras pointing on both directions)

5. Near CRPf camp (cameras pointing on both directions)

6. Just before Thonakkal BP pump (pointing towards kollam)

7. Hardly 5 kilometers from Thonakkal BP pump and before attingal byepass (cameras pointing on both directions)

8. Few kilometers After Attingal, diagonally opposite to Attinadu fuels(Kallambalam)(cameras pointing on both directions)

9. opposite to the church with big pieta in front of a church (cameras pointing on both directions), the place is some where around chattannur

10. some what 3 kilometers from Chattannoor junction and before kottiyam (single sided cam pointing towards kollam)

11. shankaramangalam,before KMML (cameras pointing on both directions)

12. Just before Karunagappilly town (cameras pointing on both directions)

13. Near to St. Antonys Hyundai, before Ochira (cameras pointing on both directions)

14. After Kayamkulam and before cheppadu church (cameras pointing on both directions)

15. Few kilometers after cheppadu church (cameras pointing on both directions)

16. Just before harippad town center (cameras pointing on both directions)

17. With in 5 kilometers from Harippad town (cameras pointing on both directions)

18. with in 6 kilometers after harippad (single sided cam pointing towards Aleppy), before Karuvatta sub station

19. haritha junction , before thottapilly spillway/backwaters (single sided cam pointing towards Aleppy)

20. Around 6 kilometers after thottapilly spillway in front of a temple (cameras pointing on both directions)

21. Just before ambalapuzha (cameras pointing on both directions)

22. chertala byepass signal (cameras pointing on both directions)

23. After holy cross hospital Chertala (cameras pointing on both directions)

24. thuravoor signal (cameras pointing on both directions)

25. eramelloor junction (cameras pointing on both directions)

26. Aroor junction (cameras pointing on both directions)

27. Before lakeshore Hospital and opposite to green Age (cameras pointing on both directions)

28. opposite to the Mercedez Benz showroom (cameras pointing on both directions)

29. Vyttila junction (cameras pointing on both directions) speed limit is 60 with signal jumping sensor

30. Just before Swapnachitra Feng Shui, Aquarium, Nursery Plants (cameras pointing on both directions)

31. koratty junction (cameras pointing on both directions)

32. Near crescent public school Chalakkudy (cameras pointing on both directions)

33. Nandhikkara (cameras pointing on both directions)

30. Amballur junction (cameras pointing on both directions)

31. just before paliekkara toll (cameras pointing on both directions)

i guess there are cameras in between the tool booth till mannuthy bye pass , will update the details shortly.

drive safe !

Courtesy :- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bewar...0169516?ref=hl
foby.sebastian is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th June 2013, 10:09   #67
BHPian

They must see that these cameras are in working condition all the time because recently in one accident case where one of my relatives lost his life the camera supposed to catch the accident scene was not working and so the hit and run case still remains unsolved.
Old 17th June 2013, 10:29   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
They must see that these cameras are in working condition all the time because recently in one accident case where one of my relatives lost his life the camera supposed to catch the accident scene was not working and so the hit and run case still remains unsolved.
You must be speaking about the CCTV cameras directly connected to the police control rooms.

Just to clarify , the below listed are cameras with flashers for speed tracing.
Old 17th June 2013, 10:43   #69
BHPian

There are a few you missed; after CRPF, (left side of the driver) (Kollam==>TVM) pointing towards TVM.

AFAIK, although I can't make out from the list, there is one after Mylakkadu junction (left side) (TVM==>Kollam) pointing towards Kollam and one after Madan Nada (right side) (TVM==>Kollam) pointing towards TVM. I am not sure of the exact locations.

Also, isnt there a couple (other than the surveillance cameras & the Toyota camera) immediately next to the Technopark signal? May be our Technopark bhpians can confirm.

FYI, #7 is called Korani junction; its immediately after it (TVM==>Kollam).

But I guess this thread is an exercise in futility. The government eventually plans to place cameras every 7 km along these stretches:

Quote:
Kovalam-Kottiyam stretch of National Highway 47 (61 km), Venjaranmoodu-Chengannur stretch of Main Central (MC) Road (93 km), Mannuthy-Walayar stretch of NH 47 (88 km), Sakthikulangara-Ambalappuzha stretch of NH 47 (69 km), Alappuzha-Changanessery State Highway (24 km), Kodungalloor-Irinjalakuda State Highway (40 km), Thrissur-Kuttipuram stretch of NH 17 (60 km) and Palakkad-Malappuram State Highway (90 km).
And eventually cover all major roads by 2015.

Last edited by darklord : 17th June 2013 at 11:01.
darklord is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 16:28   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These are the locations where they have installed cameras in the MC Road.
I noticed 12 of them from Chenganoor to Pothencode. But, are they all working? How do they work; I mean do they flash or is it a video being recorded? But I noticed that most are keeping it below 70.

IMO, the speed limit should be increased to at least 90, as the roads are good. It is a pain to keep the speed below 70 all the time. With this limit, you just does not get to drive in 5th gear much. 70 kmph was the limit when the roads were bad too!

Leave alone the Audis Bimmers and Mercs, I wonder how the Verna, Cruze or the SUVs keep it below 70 all the time.
Old 11th July 2013, 16:39   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I noticed 12 of them from Chenganoor to Pothencode. But, are they all working? How do they work; I mean do they flash or is it a video being recorded? But I noticed that most are keeping it below 70.

IMO, the speed limit should be increased to at least 90, as the roads are good. It is a pain to keep the speed below 70 all the time. With this limit, you just does not get to drive in 5th gear much. 70 kmph was the limit when the roads were bad too!

Leave alone the Audis Bimmers and Mercs, I wonder how the Verna, Cruze or the SUVs keep it below 70 all the time.
They are of the flashing variety, though I'm yet to see one flashing. Will need to take that route after 6 to know better.
Mistakenguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 22:38   #72
Senior - BHPian

^^ Today, right under the nose of two of the cameras, Police was checking for speed, one with an interceptor and another without. Why do they want to check right under the cameras if it is working?
Old 2nd August 2013, 23:23   #73
BHPian

Muvattupuzha perumbavoor as mentioned earlier mannur and pulluvazhy,new addition is near milma and the weigh bridge at vazhapilly( more for non-speed violations). Kothamangalam route rarely at karikidam on the down slope. They used to be at kadathy palam on NH49 but very rare now and so safest (ironic right?) route is NH49. Had been caught at the hump sites on mpzha-pbvr MC road for yellow line violation. Have seen them at the nirapara straight just before kalady. But the cops are having a bad time nowadays because only an ATV or a military 4wd can break the speed trap with the current state of roads. Only positive; the rains do keep the cops indoor too.
Old 3rd August 2013, 09:58   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post

I noticed 12 of them from Chenganoor to Pothencode. But, are they all working? How do they work; I mean do they flash or is it a video being recorded? But I noticed that most are keeping it below 70..
Whether they flash or not, they do work. Recently one of our company taxi driver went for a Sabarimala trip from Trivandrum through MC road with his friends in a leased taxi. The taxi owner got 4 speed violation tickets after 2 weeks. What ever profit he made from the trip got paid up as fine. :-P

Drivers comment -"You can be fined any number of times in a day, if you are caught over speeding in those RTO cameras. But if cops/MVIs catch you for overspeeding and issue receipt for fine, you wont be fined for further overspeeding for the next 24 hours. " Is it true? May be some lawyers can clarify please?

Last edited by ontheroad : 3rd August 2013 at 10:07.
ontheroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 14:35   #75
Senior - BHPian

Drove from Trivandrum to Vaikom via MC road on Oct 6th (8:15 AM to 12:15 PM). Everyone was sticking to 70 KM/H and the drive was much peaceful.
Also noticed that people were sticking to 70 KM/h even at places without camera. Hats off to Rishi Raj Singh. Driving in Kerala has become much more peaceful now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks