Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2008, 12:25   #1
BHPian

Travel Advisory: Kumaon

Hi,

I recently drove to Pantnagar in Kumaon, and the experience was something I had to share with you.

The road from Delhi/Ghaziabad to Hapur is 4-laned very good. Then from Hapur to Garhmukteshwar it is single laned and full of pot-holes. At many place construction work has been stopped in middle causing even narrower roads.

From Garh to Mordabad roads are mix of single laned and four laned and are decent. From Moradabad to Rampur road is single lanes and pot-holed but not too much of trouble.

After that it's a nightmare, from Rampur to Bilaspur, for about 30 KMs, road just don't exist, there is just one big pot-hole. It took me about 2 hours to cover this 30 KM stretch.

Once one enter Uttaranchal, roads improve dramatically and are very good.

\N
Old 24th September 2008, 12:30   #2
BHPian

Hey thanks for the update! I am planning a trip on the said route in a weeks time, so will keep my fingers crossed for the road conditions getting better. By the way, any idea about the rain conditions on this route?
Old 24th September 2008, 12:48   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
Hey thanks for the update! I am planning a trip on the said route in a weeks time, so will keep my fingers crossed for the road conditions getting better. By the way, any idea about the rain conditions on this route?
If you are travelling to Kumaon, I'd recommend the Kaladhungi route. These roads were too bad to be repaired in two weeks (I went there last week).

\N

Last edited by ntomer : 24th September 2008 at 12:56.
Old 24th September 2008, 13:38   #4
Team-BHP Support

Exactly my thought ntomer, why go to Rampur, turn towards Kaladunghi at Morodabad.
Old 24th September 2008, 17:13   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Exactly my thought ntomer, why go to Rampur, turn towards Kaladunghi at Morodabad.
Because I had to go to Pantnagar, and Kaladhungi route is much longer (about 70 KMs) for Pantnagar :-(

\N
Old 24th September 2008, 18:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post

Me too. I would be traveling next week 2nd oct weekend to Corbett for 3 days.

I called the resort that I am planning to staying at, and asked them about the weather conditions as somebody told me that the kosi river which flows though Ramnagar is in a very bad shape.
The hotel guy said that there's no problem but its cloudy and rains occasionally.

Are you too going to corbett? if yes where are you planning to stay at?
Old 29th September 2008, 14:51   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Are you too going to corbett? if yes where are you planning to stay at?
Hey man, I am going to Chaukori. A resort I liked in Corbett is Tiger Camp. Good location as it's located by the Kosi river and jungle on the other side. Nice room too. Have a nice trip and hope you get to see the mighty beast!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks