Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2008, 16:39   #1
BHPian

Help required in booking Red hills nature resort Ooty

I am searching for the contact numbers of this resort in internet but could not find any.

If any of you have been to this place, can you tell me how to book this place? and also, please share the contact details.

The phone numbers given in the mouthshut review does not work.

Thanks
Shankar
Old 24th September 2008, 16:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

I was there a few weeks back. I did not find the number too, but I got it booked by Travel India | India Travel Guide | Holiday India | Indian Destinations | India Travel Enquiry | Book Online. Since I have the number of Mr. Vijay now, I will PM it to you. Check for that.
Old 24th September 2008, 16:45   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
I was there a few weeks back. I did not find the number too, but I got it booked by Travel India | India Travel Guide | Holiday India | Indian Destinations | India Travel Enquiry | Book Online. Since I have the number of Mr. Vijay now, I will PM it to you. Check for that.
Thanks Deepak. Please pm the number. I knew I could count on Team BHP!.

Shankar
Old 24th September 2008, 16:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Done Shankar. Check your Inbox.
Old 24th September 2008, 17:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

I was there during the Christmas offs the year before last. Awesome place. Have fun, I see you would have already rec'd the number by now.
Old 24th September 2008, 17:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

I agree. It is an awesome place and it is highly recommended.
Old 24th September 2008, 19:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

Just a small note on the holidaymakers site I have mentioned.

I was browsing on my phone and I got that site when I was googling info on Red Hills. I just sent out a mail to them saying that I need to book the resort for two days and I gave them my preferred dates. They came back within two hours saying that they have a booking available for one of the dates I had mentioned. I mailed them back to block for those dates and asked them how I should pay them. They mailed back to me with their ICICI account number and I transferred the said amount. I sent them a mail saying so. In about half an hour, I get a mail which has the pdf version of the vouchers. That's it.

I never talked to anyone of them, I never visited their office. All done on my phone. This is the first time any deal was done on my phone alone, and I was pretty excited for the same.
Old 24th September 2008, 19:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

Thats good to hear! Make sure you talk to them also and comfirm which is safe always. I feel Red hills resort is good one.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 25th September 2008, 08:03   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Done Shankar. Check your Inbox.
Deepak,

Can you pl. publish Mr. Vijaykumar's numbers please for everyone's benefit, as the old number (0423-2595755) doesn't seem to be working.

Shankar: Its an awesome place. Vijaykumars treat you as their guests and this trip ranks as my best trip (nature, location, hospitality etc.,).

Its a little tricky though to reach this place from Ooty for the first timers as you encounter too many forks and as you approach Red Hills, you hardly see any human beings to check the route. So, if you can post an entry on the route post your trip, it would be great (I lost my trip log).

There are beautiful and secluded places beyond/around RedHills (Porthimund dam, Avanlanchi etc.,) literally in the middle of nowhere. Enjoy the trip.

Prasad14
Old 25th September 2008, 14:59   #10
BHPian

its an awesome location to unwind. Shankar, Pls. convey my regards to vijay. he knows me as Manoj from cochin.

Dont miss the opportunity of a light treck behind the bunglaw. here are some pics for motivation

Red Hills (they did some modifications now)
Help required in booking Red hills nature resort Ooty-red-hill-032.jpg

Beautiful views during the treck
Help required in booking Red hills nature resort Ooty-red-hill-037.jpg

Another view of Redhills bunglaw
Help required in booking Red hills nature resort Ooty-red-hill-046.jpg

Avalanche Dam
Help required in booking Red hills nature resort Ooty-red-hill-053.jpg

My favourite spot
Help required in booking Red hills nature resort Ooty-red-hill-069.jpg

Have a great trip & take lot of photographs

Last edited by mansidea : 25th September 2008 at 15:02.
Old 25th September 2008, 15:17   #11
Senior - BHPian

Fine. For everybody's benefit, the numbers are:
0423 2595755
+91 9442254755

I was able to reach him on his mobile. He is one person who is not really after publicity. I felt him to be well mannered, very guest friendly, and an easily approachable person.

For others' benefit, the directions are:

Drive down to Ooty bus stand and ask for Avalanche Road. This goes to the top of bus stand and at the first fork, bear right and keep driving towards Fern Hill. At Fern Hill Palace, take a left and keep going to a place called Emerald. At the only junction in Emerald, bear right and keep going till you find a bridge and a fork immediately following it. Bear right at the fork and keep driving in that direction. After around 4 km from the fork, you will find a small board which will tell you that Red Hills is about 400 mt to the left from that place. Take that left there. That road is full of small stones and pebbles and the 400 m will easily take you about 2-3 minutes. You will land right in front of the bungalow.

It is very easy to start doubting yourself as to whether you are in the right direction, as there is not a single soul whom you can take directions from. But trust yourself and you are in for a treat. And enjoy the pristine beauty of the surroundings. For once, I liked the fact that there was no soul in the vicinity.

While you are there, ask for a guide to take you around the place in your car. We drove down to Parsons Valley Dam and surrounding lakes in our car. The guide they provided us was brilliant in spotting wild life where we could not even imagine. He can speak only Tamil. His services are very recommended. There are quite a few forks and deviations in the forest and you will very easily miss the routes and again, there is no one whom you can talk to. So, never venture out on a drive in the forest without the guide.
deepakhon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2008, 16:01   #12
BHPian

Those photos are awesome Manoj! Indeed a great place.
Old 25th September 2008, 17:34   #13
BHPian

Thanks Rajesh. Those are from a fuji P&S camera.

They have a German Shepherd which is well trained & good company for Kids. They also have facility for mountain biking & fishing. Its a great place indeed.
Old 29th September 2008, 01:25   #14
BHPian

How far is avalanchi and upper bhavani from the resort and can i do it with my santro or is 4x4 a must?

Do we need permission from the forest department to visit these places? If yes, can it be got on the spot?

And how many days will it be good staying in the resort?
Old 29th September 2008, 10:59   #15
BHPian

Both the dams as closer to the resort & you can do it with any Car. You just have to be bit careful about the last 400 meters.

You dont require any permission from the forest department & this place is ideal for a two days stay.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks