Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2010, 00:26   #16
MX6
Senior - BHPian

dhulia to aurangabad is excellent. Take the newly laid chalisgaon bypass to kannad ghat. It's amazing and you whizz past without entering chalisgaon. You should reach aurangabad in quick time. It took me 2 hours from ellora to dhule.

so with just 2 - 2.5 hours more, you should target aurangabad.

Last edited by MX6 : 2nd July 2010 at 00:28.
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion27 View Post
I plan to take the route hvkumar has suggested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
You can avoid coming to Bombay.
Turn off NH8 at Surat and take NH6 to Dhulia.
From Dhulia, follow NH3 (towards Nashik), exit after Malegaon, and go via Manmad to Shirdi, Ahmednagar, Beed to Tuljapur and join NH9 (coming from Pune), beyond Solapur at Umarga. From Umarga to Hyderabad it is NH9 via Homnabad, Zahirabad and Sangareddy.

@blackstallion,

I am not clear about which route you are taking.
I hope, you are taking the route suggested by kumar sir upto aurangabad.

After aurangabad, there are at least 4 routes that goes toward hyderabad.

1] aurangabad-jalna-nanded-nizamabad-hyderabad
2] aurangabad-beed-manjarsumba-ambajogai-latur-omerga-hyderabad
3] a'bad-beed-manjarsumba-yermala-osmanabad-tuljapur-naldurga-nh9-omerga-hyd.
4] a,bad-beed-manjarsumba-ambajogai-ahmadpur-udgir-bidar-zahirabad-hyd.

In the suggested options,
route via nanded[ option 1] and route via osmanabad[ option 3] are 99% national highway.

Option 1 is preferred route by locals but somewhat lonely and road conditions are not up to mark between jalna-nanded-nizamabad.
option 2 is somewhat longer than option1 but the road condition is really good compared to nanded route.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 2nd July 2010 at 11:01.
Old 11th July 2010, 12:05   #18

thanks for your suggestions, i took option [3] of Ashish and completed the trip with two halts - at Baroda and Aurangabad. The roads were excellent. The only prob i faced was finding proper dining places beyond between surat and aurangabad.
Old 1st July 2011, 18:37   #19
BHPian

Re: Ahmedabad to Hyderabad

I'm planning to drive to Hyderabad from Surat next friday on 8th July. Have done previously both via pune solapur hyderabad and also via surat-dhule-aurangabad-osmanabad-naldurg-hyderabad (17 hours with breaks, single day, 960 kms).

i prefer the second route but wish to know the conditions at present regarding aurangabad- naldurg strech as its monsoon time.

Anyone having idea about the current condition of this stretch.

regards
amit
Old 17th August 2011, 17:30   #20
BHPian

Though originally planned to go on 8th July, i finally went to Hyderabad on 13th Aug and returned on 16th August 2011.

Route taken: Surat (Nh-06)-Dhule(Nh-211)-Aurangabad-Beed-Osmanabad-Tuljapur-Naldurg(Nh-09)-Hyderabad

Time taken while going: Left at 0300hrs Reached 2200 hrs
Halt at Aurangabad for 3 hours, lunch and one of the wheel nut's studd had sheared off and required replacement.

While coming back left hyderabad at 0500 hrs - Surat 2200 hrs. Break 1 hr at Aurangabad for lunch, 45 min after dhule for evening tea & snacks.

Road condition:
Surat-Dhule section: 4 laning in progress between Bardoli and Nawapur (till gujarat border) so frequent diversions but in between those diversions road is good.
Nawapur-Sakri (Nh-06) Road is okie with some rough patched.
Sakri -Dhule-Excellent road

Dhule-Chalisgaon bypass-Aurangabad-Excellent road.

Aurangabad-Beed-Okay road with top surface off at some places.

Beed-Osmanabad-Tuljapur-Excellent road

Naldurg-Hyderabad(Nh-09) Good roads except some bad portion while passing through naldurg.

Last edited by dave7377 : 17th August 2011 at 17:33. Reason: spell check
Old 16th December 2011, 12:26   #21
BHPian

Hi All

I am going to do the Surat Bypass - Dhule - Manmad - Shirdi next week - could anyone give me the present road condition on this route and estimated travel time for various sections

Old 17th December 2011, 09:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEPASSION View Post
Hi All

I am going to do the Surat Bypass - Dhule - Manmad - Shirdi next week - could anyone give me the present road condition on this route and estimated travel time for various sections

Road conditions are fine, but expect the last few kms to Shirdi to be pretty bad (update last fortnight)
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 09:38   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Road conditions are fine, but expect the last few kms to Shirdi to be pretty bad (update last fortnight)

HVK

Thanx - you are always a great help

Old 17th December 2011, 13:21   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All

I did the Dhule Shirdi stretch recently. The road till Malegaon is a toll road and is good. Of course there are queues at the toll booths. Then one turns off to smaller roads. before Shirdi you pass through Yeola (known for its saress)< Kopargaon 9traffic jam near the bridge is known) and unmarked wide roads till you reach Shirdi where of course there are endless vehicles and agents trying to block your car.
Old 22nd December 2011, 17:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentflyer View Post
I did the Dhule Shirdi stretch recently. The road till Malegaon is a toll road and is good. Of course there are queues at the toll booths. Then one turns off to smaller roads. before Shirdi you pass through Yeola (known for its saress)< Kopargaon 9traffic jam near the bridge is known) and unmarked wide roads till you reach Shirdi where of course there are endless vehicles and agents trying to block your car.

What was the travel time and average speed you could manage on the stretch

Quote:

I have got my updates and plans in place now all I need to do is wait for D day when I begin my drive and this is always the worst time!

Thanks and cheers!

I am new to Team BHP - but this site rocks - thanks to the likes of you HVK

Cheers

Last edited by Amartya : 23rd December 2011 at 11:53. Reason: Back-to-back posts. Merged.
Old 23rd December 2011, 09:37   #26
BHPian

Quote:
What was the travel time and average speed you could manage on the stretch

The speed can be anything from 80 to 100 kmph till Malegaon and 70-80 from there to Kopargaon. It slows downa abit after that, but by then you are almost there.

Have a safe trip. May be you can buy original paithani sarees on the way at Yeola!
Old 23rd December 2011, 11:35   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentflyer View Post
The speed can be anything from 80 to 100 kmph till Malegaon and 70-80 from there to Kopargaon. It slows downa abit after that, but by then you are almost there.

Have a safe trip. May be you can buy original paithani sarees on the way at Yeola!
Hi

That is Good news! - for there is nothing worse than having to do poor roads - takes away the thrill of driving evidently.

The Kopargaon - Shirdi stretch is around 15 Kms - correct me if I am wrong - if so that is hardly a worry.

These sarees - do you bargain or is it fixed price - would be a good news from my wife's perspective
Old 23rd December 2011, 18:13   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

That is Good news! - for there is nothing worse than having to do poor roads - takes away the thrill of driving evidently.

The Kopargaon - Shirdi stretch is around 15 Kms - correct me if I am wrong - if so that is hardly a worry.

These sarees - do you bargain or is it fixed price - would be a good news from my wife's perspective
The Kopargaon Shirdi distance is about 15 km.

The sarees r priced much lower in retail markets, but may be a few hundred is possible. Depends on how much you buy (how much u love ur wife!)
Old 4th March 2014, 19:18   #29
BHPian

I am planning to drive down to aurangabad from surat this weekend with family. planning to leave by 9.00 in the morning. usually take the dhulita chalisgaon kannad aurangabad route. but this time i want to try the saputara vani nifad yeola vaijapur aurangabad route. need advice on the road conditions post vani.

thanks in advance
Old 21st September 2014, 00:52   #30

Hi,

I have planned to travel from Hyderabad to Jamnagar. Planning to take this route, Google Maps

Looking forward to get some suggestions from experts for this route as well as good hotels on highway to consider being traveling with family.

Thanks.

Shreepal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks