Team-BHP - Help required for Bangalore - Ooty -Bandipur - Mudumalai trip
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Help required for Bangalore - Ooty -Bandipur - Mudumalai trip (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/46711-help-required-bangalore-ooty-bandipur-mudumalai-trip.html)

I am planning a 3 Day - 2 Night Trip to OOty, Bandipur and Mudumailai from Bangalore. i.e starting on 9th Morning and should be back in Bangalore by 11th Afternoon or evening. We are about 14 people. Since this is my first trip to these places I request you to help in guiding me in a good scenic route. Good place to stay, Places to visit / see etc. please:.

If you do not suggest these place please suggest me where I can plan my trip for the above dates. I will be taking my 1year old child along with me.

Please help me with your valuable suggessions.

Regards,

K.Nagaraj

Hi,

I suggest you to have a search at the previous threads

This is a common trail and the route is default and very scenic(Bangalore-mysore-gundlupet-bandipur-mudumalai-ooty)

Road conditions should be good except gundlupet bandipur, and inside the bandipur its again great roads

mudumalai roads are very narrow but ok condition, there are a few jungle resorts in masinagudi you can have a look(i stayed in monarch safari.. ok ok types...nothing great)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagaraj (Post 998575)
I am planning a 3 Day - 2 Night Trip to OOty, Bandipur and Mudumailai from Bangalore. i.e starting on 9th Morning and should be back in Bangalore by 11th Afternoon or evening. We are about 14 people. Since this is my first trip to these places I request you to help in guiding me in a good scenic route. Good place to stay, Places to visit / see etc. please:.

If you do not suggest these place please suggest me where I can plan my trip for the above dates. I will be taking my 1year old child along with me.

Regards,

K.Nagaraj

nagaraj, with such a big group it is definitley going to be a tough job to find accomodation at such short notice due to the heavy influx of tourists due to the dusshera season.

Good routes and stopover discussions are available in plenty on forum , all you need to do is run a search !

This is the current running thread for Ooty drive.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...formation.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagaraj (Post 998575)

Regards,

K.Nagaraj

Start Blatant self promotion

Bandipur Mudumalai accommodation www.wildlifesanctuaryindia.com

For suggested iteniary
Vacation In India Wildlife Tour India Enjoy Trekking Bird Watching Tiger Safari Fishing

For routemap:
Cottage Near Ooty On Bangalore to Ooty Road | India Jungle home Mysore Ooty road

Hi Sorry to bump an old thread.

Anyone has been to Ooty recently? How is the road condition? I am planning to drive to Ooty on 28th Nov. Any information would be helpful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordy (Post 1586009)
Hi Sorry to bump an old thread.

Anyone has been to Ooty recently? How is the road condition? I am planning to drive to Ooty on 28th Nov. Any information would be helpful.

Bangalore Ooty is no problem.
Ooty to Coimbatore is a real pain even now.
Hopefully by the start of the tourist season, they get the roads on that section ready
Best regards
Bala

Ooty -Coimbatore was fine until a couple of months back. Now am not sure. I'd been to Ooty, Conoor and Kothagiri in August '09.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 (Post 1618284)
Ooty -Coimbatore was fine until a couple of months back. Now am not sure. I'd been to Ooty, Conoor and Kothagiri in August '09.

last month rains wrecked most of the good roads on the coonor ooty side. The Nilgiris collector was forced to issue a request to all hotel owners to stop taking bookings till further notice and tourists were asked not to come till the month end.
Best regards
Bala

Apologies for bringing up an old thread. Has anyone been on this route in the recent past. I am off tomorrow to mudumalai and am keen to understand if the road between Bandipur and mudumalai is any better.

Second question : Any idea if the roads are open through the night or is there restricted entry / timings in the Bandipur - Mudumalai road.

Am leaving tomorrow noon and hoping to get some info on these two queries.

AFAIK, it's closed between 9 PM and 6 AM.

Why do you want to restrict yourself from not being able to see some good scenary around you? The Bandipur drive is worth during the day.
Yes the route is closed at night. (9PM to 6AM). Good roads throughout except Mysore-Nanjangud, which continues to have potholes.

Thanks for the inputs Arindam and Ampere. Came back just now. Good trip overall. We did have a good scenic time on our way back at both mudumalai and bandipur during the day time.

The roads are beautiful. Its only the Nanjangud-Mysore that is peperred with pot holes, very heavy traffic, lorries jumping out from no where and several hundred speed breakers, the sort where they have a series of small bumps together. That was the only irrirating bit of the drive.

Just back from Bandipur.
Banglore - Mysore good drive lot of eating places on the way.Plenty of speed breakers and the curves on the roads is too many, rarely you get long straight stetch to drive on.
Took the Mysore bypass some turns on this stretch is not marked but major junctions you have sign boards.
Mysore- Nanjangud lot of traffic road is average with pot holes.
Nanjangud-Bandipur good road.

Help needed guys. I am planning to ride to Ooty this Friday. Have ridden on this route before and there are some bad stretches IIRC. Now, when checking on google maps, it gives me 3 routes -

1. Doddathoguru, Kanakpura, Malavalli, Chamrajnagar and Ooty
2. Channapatna, Mandya, Mysore, Nanjangud and Ooty
3. Kanakpura, Malavalli, Mysore, Nanjangud and Ooty.

I am thinking of other routes only because of traffic that will be huge when riding back on Sunday. I am sure that Sunday evening, traffic will be insane on Mysore Road. Are the other routes good. How are road conditions? Also, please consider that it might be raining through these days and want safe passage.