Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2013, 13:15   #151
BHPian

re: Pune - Dapoli : Route Queries

Did dapoli trip on 26th and 27th Dec. took Tamhini route both ways. On the way to Dapoli from NH17, mapmyindia gave the right turn at Lonere which is not a good option. The road condition is bad. The better option would be to take a right at Toll phata which is ahead of Lonere before Mahad. Also at Mandangad phata, there were signs to take left for Dapoli but mapmyindia showed a straight route which I took. This took me through SH 102 which is in bad condition.
While coming back I took the route through Mahad which again is in very bad condition in the ghats.
Road from Mulshi dam to start of Tamhini ghat is not good. Its in good shape after that.
The best option after Tamhini is to take right at Toll phata on Nh17 and then take left at Mandangad phata. The below links gives the best route from Chandni chowk through Tamhini to Dapoli.
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=C...1,2,3&t=m&z=12

The other better option is Dapoli-Khed - NH17 -Tamhini.
Old 20th February 2014, 17:34   #152
BHPian

Did my usual 2 days trip to my native ahead of Dapoli. Went and returned via Bhor- Varandha - Khed route.
The roads till Varandha Top are not good. I didn't feel a thing though.. Driving a Mahindra vehicle has its own advantages you see..

The roads after the Vaghjai mata mandir, i.e from the start of Raigad district are super smooth.
Travel time -
Onward Journey- 4 Hours nonstop.
Return Journey- 3.45 Hours nonstop.

Cheers,
Abhijeet
coriollis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 18:01   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
Did my usual 2 days trip to my native ahead of Dapoli. Went and returned via Bhor- Varandha - Khed route.
The roads till Varandha Top are not good. I didn't feel a thing though.. Driving a Mahindra vehicle has its own advantages you see..

Travel time -
Onward Journey- 4 Hours nonstop.
Return Journey- 3.45 Hours nonstop.

Cheers,
Abhijeet
Impressive timings there mate!

I went to Dapoli in November and through my good fortune took the Tamhini ghat route
On the way back though came through Khed - Mahabaleshwar - NH4 - Pune, excellent even for the i10 that we travelled in.

OT:
BTW am back in the Mahindra family!

Cheers!
Salil
Trojan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 00:08   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Impressive timings there mate!
OT:
BTW am back in the Mahindra family!

Cheers!
Salil
Congratulations Mate! Sandeep told me about your 'White Elephant' (Pun un-intended)
May this mahindra be in your stable forever...

By the way, these are my regular timings now. I frequent a lot these days to Dapoli.
Cheers,
Ab
Old 13th April 2014, 18:13   #155
BHPian

I am planning a trip to Harnai from Pune.

I'll either take Tamhini or Khopoli route as my family wants the ghat stretches to be as small as possible. So my query is not about that.

My query is about reaching Harnai from NH17.

1. Is Madangad-Anjarle route really not advisable - as some posts on this thread suggest? Should one go to Dapoli first and then turn northward to Harnai again? Isn't that longer than Anjarle route?

2. Also, to go to Dapli first (if I must), some posts suggest to go to Khed and then trun to Dapoli instead of turning at Sondeghar or a turn before Madangad.

I am driving Safari. So can negotiate a bit bad roads, but don't mind a few kms extra if I can skip bad roads.

Please advise.
Old 22nd April 2014, 15:44   #156
BHPian

I am planning a road trip from Pune to Dapoli on 30th April.
I am travelling with Wife and kid.

Can you suggest the best route with good road conditions.
Old 22nd April 2014, 19:06   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrswift View Post
I am planning a road trip from Pune to Dapoli on 30th April.
I am travelling with Wife and kid.

Can you suggest the best route with good road conditions.

If you're looking for 'good' road conditions, go through Pune - Mahabaleshwar - Poladpur - Khed - Dapoli.

This may seem a longer route, but trust me its more scenic and roads are better than the alternate routes.

Cheers,
Trojan
Old 24th April 2014, 16:15   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
If you're looking for 'good' road conditions, go through Pune - Mahabaleshwar - Poladpur - Khed - Dapoli.
Thanks Trojan.
I have covered Mahabaleshwar and Tamhini ghat during my previous trips.
How is the road condition on Pune - Bhor - Varandha Ghat - Khed - Dapoli

I plan to take the Mahabaleshwar route durinng the return journey. It will be 3D/2N trip. Any local tips during this trip? (Good Food, etc).
rrswift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 19:59   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrswift View Post
Thanks Trojan.
I have covered Mahabaleshwar and Tamhini ghat during my previous trips.
How is the road condition on Pune - Bhor - Varandha Ghat - Khed - Dapoli

I plan to take the Mahabaleshwar route during the return journey. It will be 3D/2N trip. Any local tips during this trip? (Good Food, etc).
The road condition through Bhor is described by Coriolis (a few posts back) its not good, but he travels in his Xylo so he doesn't worry about it too much, what would be your ride, you could decide accordingly.

I would suggest you take the Poladpur route, as after taking the Bhor route even after you reach the Goa highway the internal roads to Dapoli are horrible, except the one through Khed.

Tip - buy fresh fish from Harnai (early morning or evening) while on your way back. Super fresh and super cheap, if you can't make it to Harnai for the fish auction, visit the Dapoli fish market and pick up stuff. You get thermacole boxes et all right over there.

From a food perspective, I didn't really find Dapoli to be that great in terms of fish (Kashid/Alibag serve better I feel e.g. Hotel Sanmaan at Alibag). But then maybe I need to explore a bit more.

Let me know in case you're looking for something specific.

Cheers!
Trojan

Last edited by Trojan : 24th April 2014 at 20:02.
Trojan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 15:47   #160
BHPian

Covered the Pune - Dapoli trip from 23-25 May.
The road conditions via mahabaleshwar - khed was quite good.
We stayed on Karde beach and the day was not as hot as pune
Also did a trip to dabhol from Karde beach and tried both SH4 and SH96, both roads were patchy, and SH4 was very scenic.
On the return trip got delayed between Mahabaleshwar and Wai by about an hour due to heavy city like traffic.
Old 23rd October 2014, 18:20   #161
BHPian

Planning to go to Dapoli tomorrow. Any idea about the road condition via Tamhini ghat route or the Mahabaleshwar route? I had used the Varandha ghat when I went to Dapoli 20 days back and the road condition is worst.
Old 25th October 2014, 09:29   #162
BHPian

I came to Dapoli via Tamhini Ghat route. Condition of the road till Tamhini ghat from Pune is very bad. The road in the Ghat itself is smooth.
Ketan T is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 08:26   #163
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, we are planning a Konkan trip sometime in december for 2 days. The idea is to keep it short and simple. Hence need some suggestions in planning. We intend to cover 2 or maximum 3 beaches in 2 days so need some recomendations on good beaches in the area with decent accomodation. Have heard good things about Tarkarli beach resort by MTDC and also about Tarkarli beach itself.

We want to be away from the crowd, but cant help that during weekends I guess. We will be driving from Pune and will be just me and my wife.

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th November 2014, 10:24   #164
BHPian

Tarkarli is the best option if you want to be away from the crowd. Just be sure that you stay at the MTDC resort. They have cottages right on the beach. Though the cottages aren't that great, their location is the only saving grace.

You will have to book the cottages well in advance from the MTDC website. They get occupied pretty fast.

Travel time to Tarkarli from Pune is about 6-7 hours. So two days won't be enough I guess.

The other options for a one night stay would be Dapoli (Karde beach and Murud beach) or Alibaug (Kashid, Nagaon, Murud Janjira beach) Both these places are about 4 to 5 hours drive from Pune.
Old 13th November 2014, 10:55   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
Tarkarli is the best option if you want to be away from the crowd. Just be sure that you stay at the MTDC resort. They have cottages right on the beach. Though the cottages aren't that great, their location is the only saving grace.
I rather found the cottages to be good! Rustic and simple, yet clean. And the surroundings give you a lazy ambiance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks