Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2022, 22:57   #286
Team-BHP Support

Re: Pune - Dapoli : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Is there any recent update on this section of the NH66? I'm assuming this must have been repaired by now considering monsoon is long over.
Sorry but I haven't travelled between Panvel and Dapoli since our last drive in August this year. If anything the roads could have only gotten better since August though. Here's wishing your parents a pleasant drive.
manson is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 00:40   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
If anything the roads could have only gotten better since August though.
Unfortunately not. It's still in shambles (Pen-kolad especially). Post mangaon,the roads are even better now though. Even the mahad dapoli road that had one bad stretch has been very well finished now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
some bridge is closed along the way before Dapoli, not sure which one.
Even when it was closed, there was an alternate route that passed through the village. Now that work is done,the bridge has opened up again.

Last edited by Torq : 15th December 2022 at 00:44.
Torq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 20:03   #288
BHPian

Hello. Travelling to Dapoli this weekend and need advice for route to be taken. How is the Tamhini Ghat route?
Old 8th January 2023, 21:07   #289
BHPian

Answering my own question. We took the Pashan Sus - Tamhini Ghat - Mahad - Dapoli route for the weekend trip to Karde beach. The Ghat road is in excellent condition. The only bad patches were near Dapoli and the local road going to Karde beach from Dapoli. Total time taken was around 5 and 1/2 hours when I had started at 7am from Pune.
adi.mariner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 21:43   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
Answering my own question. We took the Pashan Sus - Tamhini Ghat - Mahad - Dapoli route for the weekend trip to Karde beach. The Ghat road is in excellent condition. The only bad patches were near Dapoli and the local road going to Karde beach from Dapoli. Total time taken was around 5 and 1/2 hours when I had started at 7am from Pune.
Hi this answer to your own question is going to be helpful to me, I am planning ashtavinayak trip and for going from Pali to Theur I am thinking of taking this route via Tamhini ghat, you have recently travelled through this route so how are the road conditions ?

My other option is going back from Pali towards Imagica and then taking the Pune Highway but I want to explore scenic route of Tamhini ghat if road conditions are good, I will be travelling in a hatchback.
Old 26th May 2023, 12:14   #291
BHPian

Has anyone recently taken Varandha Ghat to Dapoli? How's the road condition? Last I went in 2020 was very bad knew it was being redone. Want to get recent view on the road condition please. Need to travel over this weekend. TIA
Old 28th May 2023, 07:17   #292
BHPian

It is much better than 2020. You may take that route.
Ketan T is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 12:44   #293

Took the Tamhini-Mahad-Latvan- Dapoli route about 2 weeks back. The road surface is immaculate for almost the entire route. A couple of tricky patches on the never ending roadworks on NH66. But once you turn off at Mahad, it is a great drive on smooth, curvy roads all the way into Dapoli. On the way back, took the Poladpur-Mahabaleshwar-Pune route. This is slightly longer but the fantastic ghat roads up to Mahabaleshwar make up for the extra drive.
suniltheone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 14:56   #294
BHPian

Planning to take Pune - Tamhini - Mahad - Anjarle route next weekend. Any suggestions?

I read in newspapers that Ambet bridge is just reopened (in Oct 23). But not sure whether to take that route. Reviews of Mandangad route in the past have not been very good.

Do not prefer Bhor / Wai route as I'll be starting from Hinjawadi side.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks