Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 29th March 2019, 12:06   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai - Aurangabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixash View Post
Yes, I did do the drive, though I took the Mumbai - Nashik - Yeola - Vaijapur - Lasur - Aurangabad route both ways. The road was generally very good, except for a 50km patch between Lasur - Vaijapur.

Safe driving!
Thanks a lot Phoenixash for the revert. This is very helpful indeed. I guess 50 km of a bad patch is manageable. Thanks again.
sam_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 08:58   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixash View Post
Yes, I did do the drive, though I took the Mumbai - Nashik - Yeola - Vaijapur - Lasur - Aurangabad route both ways. The road was generally very good, except for a 50km patch between Lasur - Vaijapur.
Hi,

Not sure why, but g maps isnt showing the the recommended route. Its showing a route via Ahmednagar. I would be driving alone and intend to leave tomorrow morning. I wouldn't mind doing extra KM if its faster and gives me access to better roads. Would you still recommend Nashik route? Thanks in Advance for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Aurangabad : Route Queries-aur-route.png  

Last edited by benbsb29 : 20th May 2019 at 09:22. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
SU-30MKI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 18:09   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-30MKI View Post
Not sure why, but g maps isnt showing the the recommended route. Its showing a route via Ahmednagar. I would be driving alone and intend to leave tomorrow morning. I wouldn't mind doing extra KM if its faster and gives me access to better roads. Would you still recommend Nashik route? Thanks in Advance for your help.
I believe it's a factor of what time you check Google Maps (later in the evening believe the Pune route is faster), however if you okay with driving longer I would recommend taking the Pune - Ahmednagar route. As per the recommendations on the forum, skip the Ahmednagar bypass and drive through the city.

Have a good trip!
Old 21st May 2019, 11:49   #109
BHPian

Thank you Phoenixash.

Took the Pune - Ahmednagar - Aurangabad route. Left Lodha Palava at 0500 and reached Aurangabad at 1030. Good roads all through out, best part is pvt cars do need to pay tolls after one crosses Pune.

But I do believe this route can take a loooong time if I had done this later in the day. Just skipped the traffic at Pune!
SU-30MKI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 19:01   #110
BHPian

I took the return journey to Mumbai via Nashik.
The 1st 45KM was single lane and roads were reasonably fine - Few pot holes here and there
The next 20KM the roads turned out to be bad, but the worst was yet to come.Beyond the 65KM roads ceased to exist... road expansion is going on and it was mud topped road for next 10KM. Beyond that the roads were very good till Nashik and beyond - until Mumbai.
I left at 4AM in the morning and reach my house at Lodha casa rio by 1000 - I would have made it earlier if not for the traffic at Kalyan. I reached Kalyan by 0850.
Out of the routes which I have taken, The route via pune is the best provided one can cross pune before 7AM to beat the rush hour traffic - Thanks to Phoenixash advise
However in case if cant the next best option seems to be Nashik route. There are shorted routes available, but I dont think it matters that much in such a long ride.
Old 25th August 2019, 12:52   #111
BHPian

Route update: 13/07/2019

I had to travel from Vashi, Navi Mumbai to Aurangabad on 13 July, 2019. The plan was to leave 5 AM in the morning and cross Pune before the morning traffic sets in. I was down with the viral fever and could not muster the courage to start the journey in the morning. Thought of postponing it to the next day. However, till noon I felt much better and decided to start the journey and hit my hometown, Aurangabad, in the evening.

It was already 12:30 by the time I fired my car. It was raining cats and dogs, driving cautiously I reached end of Mumbai-Pune expressway (Talegao toll plaza) at 2:30. Google map was showing the route through Chakan which meets Pune-Ahmednagar highway at Shikrapur. In my previous two journeys I drove through Pune via Pimpri-Chinchwad and Yerwada on friends advice. This time decided to listen to Google maps.

The route is good. Traffic was lean at 3:00 PM. There is a 30 km two lane stretch without divider, but I could maintain a reasonable speed. I Joined Pune-Nagar Highway at shikrapur, drove through Ahmednagar town skipping the bypass as suggested by other members. Took a 15 minute break near Parvara-Godavari sangam (50 km before Aurangabad city) to buy fresh fish and reached Aurangabad at 7:30PM. I think skipping Yerwada saved me around 45 minutes.

Last edited by MadTitan47 : 25th August 2019 at 13:07. Reason: Additional information
Old 26th June 2020, 19:19   #112
BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai to Shirdi : Route Queries

Guys an update for Mumbai to Aurangabad from my recent drive from Mumbai to Wardha and back from 21st to 22nd June 2020. Onward, I drove through Pune city and then onto Aurangabad.

1. Pune--Nagar--Aurangabad is an excellent smooth 4 lane highway. No complaints.

Nagar bypass is absolutely recommended now as the entire 25 kms bypass is supersmooth 2 lane road.

2. On the return, I took the Pune bypass route i.e Shikrapur--Chakan--Talegaon to hit Expressway at Urse Talegaon toll. Happy to report that this entire 55kms bypass for Pune is in excellent condition. It is a supersmooth 2 lane end to end.

Last edited by vivek95 : 26th June 2020 at 19:49. Reason: Added travel date
vivek95 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed