Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2008, 15:10   #1

First time in Bangalore - Tumkur Road to BTM Layout Stage 2

Greetings everyone!

I am planning on doing a road trip from Navi Mumbai to Bangalore. On reaching Bangalore I want to get to BTM Layout stage 2. This is my first ever trip to Bangalore! So I would appreciate any help with the route to take after reaching Nelamangala.

I have read about the NICE road on this forum. Is this road motorable from Tumkur road to Hosur road? Are there sign boards where I have to take diversions etc? I will be reaching Bangalore around 2 PM on saturday. How would the traffic be like at that time?

Thanks in advance...
Old 12th October 2008, 20:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the NICE will come after Neelamangala towards Bangalore you will have to climb up the ramp on the left and it will connect you to Hosur road. Traffic at 2 PM would be moderate.

I am not sure how to give you a landmark as I dont travel frequently on that stretch, am sure someone else will soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojnair View Post
I have read about the NICE road on this forum. Is this road motorable from Tumkur road to Hosur road? Are there sign boards where I have to take diversions etc? I will be reaching Bangalore around 2 PM on saturday. How would the traffic be like at that time?

Thanks in advance...
Old 12th October 2008, 20:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

I think there are still unfinshed stretches of NICE road when you cross Bunnerugatta road. Also, if you reach Hosur raod this way, you will need to drive back towards the city for good distance. It is really round about way of going to BTM but if you are not familiar with the city, it may be an option.

Alternatively you can continue in Tumkur road, hit Sankey road, brigade road, hosur road and touch Silk baord juntion and BTM is very close by.
But there was some work going on on Tumkur road and the traffic may be choked there.
Old 12th October 2008, 22:42   #4
BANNED

The entrance to the NICE Road is approx. 11-12 km from Nelamangala (junction of NH4 and NH48). There is a small portion of unfinished ramp from NH4 onto the NICE Road but nothing unmanageable. The ramp entrance is easy to miss since there are no signs - watch out for the overbridge.

If your destination is BTM, I think you're better off going through the city.

Last edited by hrag : 12th October 2008 at 22:50.
Old 12th October 2008, 23:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Greetings everyone!

I am planning on doing a road trip from Navi Mumbai to Bangalore. On reaching Bangalore I want to get to BTM Layout stage 2. This is my first ever trip to Bangalore! So I would appreciate any help with the route to take after reaching Nelamangala.

I live in BTM II stage and coming by NICE road is much faster than going through the city. However approach to Bannerghatta road is problem (You should be taking Bannerghatta road and not Hosur road if your destination is BTM II stage). Here is what I would do if taking NICE road.

Around 11 km after Nelmangala junction, you will get a ramp to your left that takes you to NICE. At mysore road junction, there is no flyover above it so you will have to merge into Mysore-Bangalore road, drive about half a km, take a U turn and then get into NICE again. If you have an SUV (or do it very carefully in car), you can take the exit for Bannerghatta road (take left when you hit Bannerghatta road) and keep driving, till you hit BTM II stage. Another option (instead of Bannerghatta road exit from NICE) is to take Kanakapura road exit (take left) and drive all the way till inner ring road junction (just after Banashankari temple) and take right. Keep driving on inner ring road till you hit BTM.

I would encourage you to familiarize yourself with general map of Bangalore. Check out Google earth/wikimapia and see if the above directions make sense.
Old 12th October 2008, 23:30   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Another option (instead of Bannerghatta road exit from NICE) is to take Kanakapura road exit (take left) and drive all the way till inner ring road junction (just after Banashankari temple) and take right. Keep driving on inner ring road till you hit BTM.
In my view also, this is the best option available. Take NICE road till kanakpura to avoid the bad stretch of bannerghatta road exit.
GD
Old 13th October 2008, 04:16   #7

thanks hondadude, greatDrive and everyone else. You have been very helpful

Once I am on the NICE road would it be easy to know the different exits (ie,Kanakapura road exit)? Are these sign posted?

I have been familiarizing myself with general map of Bangalore. But my biggest problem is knowing / not knowing the traffic black spots and the peak / off-peak directions.

Anyway I will keep trying !!
Old 13th October 2008, 10:01   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks hondadude, greatDrive and everyone else. You have been very helpful

Once I am on the NICE road would it be easy to know the different exits (ie,Kanakapura road exit)? Are these sign posted?
Yes. The exit to Kanakapura road is marked.

Quote:
I have been familiarizing myself with general map of Bangalore. But my biggest problem is knowing / not knowing the traffic black spots and the peak / off-peak directions.

Anyway I will keep trying !!
The traffic is light on NICE any time of the day. In the afternoon, traffic isn't heavy on Kanakpura road and inner ring road so you should be fine. I would encourage you to check out google earth, locate Kanakpura road, Banashankari Temple, Inner ring road and BTM II stage to get an idea of your route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks