Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2014, 18:02   #211
BHPian

Recent unconfirmed news: the road work for this section has been sanctioned and work should start very soon.

-Pramod
Old 20th November 2014, 14:53   #212
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries

How about going via Yavatmal - Wardha?
Any idea on road conditions on this route?

I travelled from BLR to NGP last month and don't want to return via same NH7 route to Hyd.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries-rt.jpg  

Old 20th November 2014, 16:41   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
How about going via Yavatmal - Wardha?
Any idea on road conditions on this route?

I travelled from BLR to NGP last month and don't want to return via same NH7 route to Hyd.
From the information that I gathered before my Goa trip, the portion between Wardha and Yavatmal is not maintained well, also truck traffic is high, it is not advisable.
Old 30th November 2014, 02:00   #214
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Im planning to drive from Hyd to Nag after Christmas, with a cycle attached to a bikerack on the sparewheel of my ecosport. So cant afford a lot of bumps.

Given than Adilabad Nagpur is bad, should I take Wani-Warora route or through Yavatmal-Wardha?

Please suggest the best possible route.

Thanks
Bharathan
Old 30th November 2014, 23:41   #215
BHPian

Can anyone please suggest how is the road from Bori ( After Adilabad ) - Ghatanji -

-- How are the roads until Bori from Adilabad. Bori is about 20 kms from Adilabad.

Yavatmal - Nagpur ? Has anyone done this stretch ?

I will be travelling from Coimbatore - Nagpur tomorrow/ day after.

Wanted to avoid Adilabad - Panderkawda - Higanghat - Nagpur stretch.

Any other alternative suggestion ?
Old 1st December 2014, 14:23   #216
BHPian

Just completed Nagpur to Bangalore drive yesterday via Hyd.

Update:- Pathetic road is spread in two sections (If travelling from Hyd towards Nagpur)

1) After Adilabad; 15-20 kms is bad; but still manageable at slowest speed.
Post this stretch - there is a superb 4 lane road for next 30 kms.
2) Again, the worst stretch of 30 kms till Hinganghat.

So, in summary : total of 45-50 kms is pathetic road.

- No signs of construction work.
- I checked other route options, however everyone suggested me to stick to NH7/NH44. Hence took this route.

Please take care of your vehicles and ensure you travel in bright sunlight on this stretch. No hotels/stopover options, hence carry sufficient food/water.
neo45007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2014, 15:20   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
Just completed Nagpur to Bangalore drive

Please take care of your vehicles and ensure you travel in bright sunlight on this stretch. No hotels/stopover options, hence carry sufficient food/water.
Thanks for the update. I might have to do this stretch next week.

I have done this in the night in pouring rain - manageable.

There are dhabas and drinking joints, but not really suitable for families or bhadraloks (if you want to give that impression when you get out of the car in the night in that stretch). Rough crowd, need to maintain a certain attitude. Helps.
Old 20th December 2014, 16:47   #218
BHPian

A PIL has been filed in the High Court for this road and some others concerning Nagpur. The NHAI has given an undertaking to complete the four laning of the remainder by Dec 2016. While the maintainance of the existing one by 31March 2015. Tendering for 4 laning by April 2015 and construction to begin thereafter.
This was taken after the Judge asked the phone number of the Director of NHAI from the Region head. He warned them that he will call their Boss and charge him with contempt of court,since there was no progress as promised earlier.

Last edited by inder : 20th December 2014 at 16:49.
inder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2014, 20:50   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
A PIL has been filed in the High Court for this road and some others concerning Nagpur. The NHAI has given an undertaking to complete the four laning of the remainder by Dec 2016. While the maintainance of the existing one by 31March 2015. Tendering for 4 laning by April 2015 and construction to begin thereafter.
This was taken after the Judge asked the phone number of the Director of NHAI from the Region head. He warned them that he will call their Boss and charge him with contempt of court,since there was no progress as promised earlier.
Until this become a reality and results are obvious, the Director of NHAI must be asked to travel between Hinganghat and Adilabad on an Autorikshaw every weekend with his family to make him realize the pain expressed on this thread for past 3+ years!

Moreover, NHAI must open a counter to process vehicle maintenance claims until the road is fixed. Ignorance to this extent is a joke.
Old 31st December 2014, 18:47   #220
BHPian

I have travelled between Hyd-Nagpur on 3 occassions in the last 20 days. All work related. I must say , this is one of the worst stretches to drive in the entire country and elsewhere !

Never the less, I have taken different options to reach Nagpur:

1) Hyd - Adilabad - Mukutban - Warora - Wani - Jam - Nagpur.

All is good until Mukutban. The bad starts after this for the next 25-30 kms with some very very bad patch for 20 kms. Once you reach warora , then the roads are good until Anandvan chowk which joins the 4 lane on Chandrapur - Nagpur highway.

I would place this as my 2nd option to reach Nagpur from Hyd.

2) Then I tried the Nagpur - Chandrapur - Mancherial - Rajura - Pedapally - Karimnagar - Hyd.

Until chandrapur the roads are good with 4 lanes. The good story is extended further upto Rajura. Then the roads are just OK until pedapally after which the 4 laning begins. Overall this is a better route , but very tiring. The frequent changing of lanes from 4-2 lanes in between villages is very annoying and not really a benefit to take up this 70 kms of additional journey.

I drove from Nagpur to Hyderabad and returned back to Hyderabad after spending 1 night in Hyd !

3) Then after staying 1 day in Nagpur I had to return back to Coimbatore Via. Hyderabad. Thats when I decided to take a different route.

This time it was Nagpur - Wardha - Yavatmal - Ghatanji - Parva - Antargaon - Arli - Adilabad - Hyd.

Just like the chandrapur route , this is also a slow route but without the baggage of additional 60 kms.

Nagpur - Wardha - Ghatanji. The roads are good with bad - very bad patches I would say in total of 5-10 kms. Still doable without major problems.

From Ghatanji , to reach adilabad it is about 30 kms roughly out of which the last 14 kms are really bad. The last 5 kms can get onto your nerves.

The last 30 kms passes through secluded forests and villages and travel during or after 4 PM is highly NOT recommended.

I have exhausted all possible options on this sector and nothing better can be done than to wait for the panderkawda-hgt stretch to be repaired.
Padcot Prakash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 21:13   #221
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padcot Prakash View Post
2) Then I tried the Nagpur - Chandrapur - Mancherial - Rajura - Pedapally - Karimnagar - Hyd..70 kms of additional journey.
Google Maps show the addition is 37 km only. I used to travel a lot between Hyderabad and Mancherial upto 2008 in connection with my office work, when the roads used to be exellent 4 laned and very good 2 laned ones. Anyway, I will try this route next time.

Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries-hydngp.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 31st December 2014 at 21:20.

Old 7th January 2015, 16:50   #222
BHPian

Did Hyd-Nagpur-Hyd last weekend - and must say, this is a drive to completely AVOID !

I have done this route nearly half a dozen times over the last 4-5 years and know what to expect - however, the roads (the 2 bad stretches for the 60-odd kms) this time around were the absolute worst I have ever seen. Massive craters such that driving was only in 2nd gear most of the time. It took me over 2.5 hours to cross those 60-odd kms. The roads are such in many, many places that its about trying to find a spot where the tyres can land without the car underbody getting scraped. The underbody did get scraped/ hit twice, despite all the care. Thankfully, no major damage done.

On the way back, tried the Warora-Wani-Mukutban-Adilabad road to avoid the Pandharkawada stretches. However, this road was no better and had lesser number but equally threatening craters along the way. Took almost the same time - so, no advantage.

Took about 8.5 hours each way with some aggressive driving in the rest of stretch - despite the 2.5 hours to cross 70-80 kms !!!
Old 7th January 2015, 18:11   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTiger View Post
Did Hyd-Nagpur-Hyd last weekend - and must say, this is a drive to completely AVOID !

On the way back, tried the Warora-Wani-Mukutban-Adilabad road to avoid the Pandharkawada stretches. craters along the way. Took almost the same time - so, no advantage.

Took about 8.5 hours each way with some aggressive driving in the rest of stretch - despite the 2.5 hours to cross 70-80 kms !!!

I would suggest the Hyd-Adilalabad-Bori-Antargaon-Ghatanji-Yeotmal-Wardha-Nagpur.

Definitely, this route is as slow as the remaining ones, but atleast you dont have chances to damage your car.

From Bori , the first 15 kms will be bad but not as bad with only 10-15 large sized craters.

Overall this also is an equally slow route, but we have no options either. This option is better than Wani-Warora-Mukutban.

Which ever route you take , it is to be understood that Hyd-Ngp will take 8-9 hours of travel under present conditions.
Padcot Prakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 00:34   #224
BHPian

Hi,
Will be travelling bangalore to ngp on 28th jan, pls advice the best route based on any recent observations. We will be doing hyd - ngp during the night ( after 10 pm). I am thinking of taking Hyd - Karimnagar- Pedapally - Rajura - Chandrapur - Nagpur route in order to avoid the potholed NH7 near Hinganghat.
Any helpful suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.
Old 29th January 2015, 09:23   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelniks View Post
Hi,
Will be travelling bangalore to ngp on 28th jan, pls advice the best route based on any recent observations. We will be doing hyd - ngp during the night ( after 10 pm). I am thinking of taking Hyd - Karimnagar- Pedapally - Rajura - Chandrapur - Nagpur route in order to avoid the potholed NH7 near Hinganghat.
Any helpful suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.
Alternatives are not great. Better idea to stick to NH7.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks