Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 9th July 2018, 15:22   #361
BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries

I will be doing Hyd-Bhilai this coming weekend, with family. Although, this would be my fourth time, have always struggled to find decent food stops on this route.

Found only 'Ashoka hotel', near Hinganghat, suggested by some folks; any other place before that!? Thing is, we'd have a leisurely start around 8 AM, and this place would be atleast an hour and half more, than our preferable lunch time. Would appreciate any suggestions!?
Old 9th July 2018, 15:48   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
The cement road from Mansar to MP border is almost done ( one side), you can maintain good speed in any car. You can take Nagpur-Pench-Seoni , however Seoni to Jabalpur is not in good shape.
-Pramod
Thanks Pramod. I will go either through Pench - Seoni - Lakhnadon - Sagar - Agra or through Chhindwara - Pachmarhi - Narsinghpur - Sagar - Agra.

Edit: when driving up from Hyderabad, the ring road is so convenient, makes on miss all the Nagpur traffic. A few extra km are worth it.

OT: there is a new MP Tourism website. It doesn't have details for all the properties yet. But I called up and checked, the Rukhad MPTDC resort is still functioning.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 9th July 2018 at 15:53.
Old 26th July 2018, 19:51   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
I will be doing Hyd-Bhilai this coming weekend, with family.
Back from the trip so thought of sharing some quick updates.

Onward Trip (Hyd-Bhilai): Started @ 9:45 AM on 14th July and reached at 9:15 PM. It'd rained consistently until Adilabad and then again (heavily) from Nagpur till Rajnandgaon.

Return Trip (Bhilai-Hyd): Started 10 AM on 23rd Jul and reached at 8 PM. Rain was mostly patchy and not continuous anywhere. One of the reasons the return trip took less time was also because I could merge my fuel, lunch and a toilet break into one!

Although much work has been done on the Maharashtra side now (Adilabad-Nagpur) there are some pretty bad potholes which have opened up due to the rains. The problem is they're not that visible, I ended up taking some of them at decent speeds and it was quite bone-jarring!

The flyover at Hinganghat is a breeze now ; but got stuck at the Sondad railway crossing for half hour on my return trip.

Fast tag lanes at all toll plazas are not entirely functional. Interestingly, all lanes at a Fast Tag enabled toll plaza, have the tag readers. Just mention at the lane counter and they'll allow you!

Drive Safe!
avinash_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 06:45   #364
BHPian

Guys I am planning Hyderabad to Jabalpur during end of September. Any changes since this last post? Maybe I am being too optimistic expecting a change Its been a month and a half now...

Thanks 😊
Old 9th September 2018, 16:14   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naivedyanm View Post
Guys I am planning Hyderabad to Jabalpur during end of September. Any changes since this last post? Maybe I am being too optimistic expecting a change Its been a month and a half now...

Thanks ��
I am just back from a drive: BLR Jabalpur BLR and have loads of information to share that I will do later tomorrow.

However, if you want peace please take the Lakhnadon Narsingpur (Kathotia Barheti) option instead of Dhooma. Roads between Narsingpur Seoni and Nagpur as on yesterday are in excellent condition. More to follow on my update later.

Last edited by paragsachania : 9th September 2018 at 16:18.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 14:50   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naivedyanm View Post

Thanks 😊
Here is a detailed account on the route status till Narsingpur on this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Drove from Bangalore to Jabalpur and back over the last weekend and specific updates are as below:
Old 30th October 2018, 15:56   #367
BHPian

Guys, the travel bug seems to have bitten me and my family again! Planning to travel on 5th Nov : Blr-Hyd-Nagpur-Chindwara-Sagar.

Aware of road being more or less good all the way till Nagpur. Any possibility of taking Seoni route or should I stick to Chindwara itself?

Google Maps says Seoni but my last years experience says Chindwara.

Also, I may end up crossing Nagpur around 6:30 PM. Is it advisable to go via city or is there a bypass suppose I take the Chindwara route

One more query - Any place to keep a watch or be wary of the speed gun

Last edited by pareshraheja : 30th October 2018 at 16:03. Reason: Additional information
Old 30th October 2018, 16:02   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Guys, the travel bug seems to have bitten me and my family again! Planning to travel on 5th Nov : Blr-Hyd-Nagpur-Chindwara-Sagar.
Nagpur Mansar Pench Seoni Lakhnadon Narsingpur Sagar is now good, especially the Mansar -Seoni section.

Please have a look at my update below (and also click open the post for further details).

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Nagpur Bypass – Mansar – Pench Tiger Reserve - Mohagaon:
  • Nagpur Bypass to Mansar is good 4 lane road
  • Mansar town has a Work in Progress bridge and allows traffic beside this bridge, thus slowing you down due to local traffic for nearly 1 kilometer
  • Crossing this diversion consumed less than 10 minutes for us
  • Mansar to the next 35 Kms till you enter Pench National Park Territory is fully 4 laned and concretized now, with just two small diversions
  • Pench National Park Entry to Mohagaon, A distance of around 32 Kms is a Beautiful 2 lane passing through the National Park
  • The only caution : With the 2 lane section, precisely in the ghat sections, roads have developer super bad potholes around the median markers – Caution advised
Mohagaon – Seoni – Lakhnadon:
  • Excellent 4 lane roads all the way
  • Seoni – Lakhnadon section has rough surfaces here and there on both the corridors
  • One need not slow down on these rough sections as these are not potholes but top layers have come off
This was around a month back when I drove to Jabalpur from Bangalore.

Quote:
Also, I may end up crossing Nagpur around 6:30 PM. Is it advisable to go via city or is there a bypass suppose I take the Chindwara route
If you opt for Mansar - Seoni route, you know you need not take the route via Nagpur and conveniently use the Nagpur ring road.
Old 30th October 2018, 16:25   #369
BHPian

The route suggested by you is something like the screen shot I have attached. Pls let me know if this is right.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries-route-1a.png  

Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries-route-1b.png  

Old 30th October 2018, 16:35   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
The route suggested by you is something like the screen shot I have attached. Pls let me know if this is right.
Both the screenshots are perfect. This is indeed the route to take. The first one shows the right location (interchange) where you will fork out before Nagpur and get onto the ring road.

The second pic again is clear - Ring road exit - Mansar - Seoni - Lakhnadon - Narsingpur - Sagar.

In fact, see what I did. I chose 2 common points for both the options - That is, for Seoni route as well as Chindwara route and see the difference. It is quite obvious that the faster (and better) route as of today is via Seoni only.

Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries-nagpur-narsingpur.jpg

In fact, I have taken the Chindwara route quite a few times in the past and it was only last month I ended up taking the Seoni route and it turned out to be real good.

Plus, the only part that is singlecarriageway on the Seoni route is through Pench only.

Last edited by paragsachania : 30th October 2018 at 16:48.
Old 30th October 2018, 17:02   #371
BHPian

Take the Hyd- Ngp- Jablpur outer ring road and then on Mansar - Seoni, except the Mansar city crossing, 4 lane road is completly done till Khawasa ( MH-MP) border.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2018, 15:24   #372
BHPian

An update: Mansar flyover is done, NHAI has done a stellar job. from outer ring road to Mah-MP border you have 4 lanes.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2018, 15:39   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
An update: Mansar flyover is done, NHAI has done a stellar job. from outer ring road to Mah-MP border you have 4 lanes.
Good news indeed! Although this was perhaps the only section where we had to crawl for 10 minutes, it was still not that bad and going by the looks of the work in progress while driving back to Bangalore at night, it did seem like the work was almost complete.
Old 28th January 2019, 20:22   #374
BHPian

On 26th Jan 2019 I traveled to Nagpur from Hyderabad. There are only 2 patches of around 2 Km after entering Maharashtra which are still under construction. However overall road conditions in Maharashtra between were not good. There was a point where they were collecting toll manually. However once you cross Jamb road condition in good.
Old 2nd May 2019, 10:45   #375
BHPian

I have done Hyderabad to Pench last weekend and it was a breeze. I have started from Gachibowli and took the ORR to enter NH7 and it took 7.5 hrs including a 45 min break to reach the Nagpur airport. There is only a small patch of around 3 to 4 km which is under construction. The road further to Pench is also in excellent condition and Hyd to Pench could be done in 9 hrs flat in my opinion.

Most Viewed