Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 22nd December 2020, 14:07   #406
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashing Dashes View Post
Hello Mates,

I am starting my trip Hyderabad-Sambalpur (Odisha) tonight. I will be covering Hinganghat-Nagpur-Bhandara between 2-6 AM. Can anyone please help me understand if there is any travel restriction imposed around Nagpur, considering the fact that starting tonight, night curfew (11 PM - 6 AM) has been imposed across all municipal corporations in Maharashtra?

A piece of advise would be highly appreciated!
Since you don't really enter the city and are on Nagpur ORR, I feel there will be no issues.

I took this Ring Road earlier in January this year on my ride towards Jabalpur from Hyderabad.
As far as I remember there was hardly any residential or thickly populated area I crossed on this way.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 20:37   #407

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Since you don't really enter the city and are on Nagpur ORR, I feel there will be no issues.

I took this Ring Road earlier in January this year on my ride towards Jabalpur from Hyderabad.
As far as I remember there was hardly any residential or thickly populated area I crossed on this way.
Thank you so much for your words!
I am about to start in 30 mins, wish there are no hard stops around the city.
Cheers!
Old 24th December 2020, 17:36   #408

I am planning to drive from Sundergarh to Bangalore one Dec 29th through Nagpur -> Hyderabad - > Bangalore. This is part of my ~6000 kms round trip Bangalore -> Bhubaneswar -> Jamshedpur -> Sundergarh -> Bangalore which I started with my mom on Dec 11th. I am planning to stop overnight at Nagpur or Hinganghat and drive next day straight to Bangalore if road conditions permits else will take break in HYD.

I am looking for suggestions on:
1. whether to stay in Nagpur of Higanghat. (I was inclined towards Higanghat as it will reduce travel time the next day)
2. is the stretch from Nagpur to Bangalore doable in 16-18 hours or should I stop in HYD and continue to BLR the next day.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

I am driving POLO TDI, I am good with how the car is behaving at highway speeds even over some rough patches also happy with gas tank range but less ground clearance and big speed breakers + potholes in highway construction zones is making me go gaga . Somehow my 8 year old Polo has survived 4000+ kms of this trip that has stretches where a rugged Bolera or Innova can survive.
Old 24th December 2020, 17:40   #409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashing Dashes View Post
Thank you so much for your words!
I am about to start in 30 mins, wish there are no hard stops around the city.
Cheers!
You have a safe trip. I will driving from Sundergarh to Bangalore on Dec 29th with my mom. Please do update about road conditions and halt areas once you complete the journey.
Old 11th January 2021, 21:40   #410
BHPian

Hey everyone, need some inputs for Hyderabad to Nagpur road conditions.

I will be traveling to New Delhi via Allahabad (Prayagraj) from Bangalore. I will be taking the Bangalore - Hyderbad- Nagpur - Seoni - Jabalpur - Rewa - Allahabad (then will decide which route to take to Delhi).

I have driven to Hyderabad multiple times, so aware of the road conditions. Does anyone has an idea about the road conditions of NH-44 from Hyderabad, as what I have heard about there are some bad patches. Wanted to know how bad they are and did anyone face any problem. I will be traveling during the day only.

Looking forward to your inputs!

Cheers!
-DB
Old 11th January 2021, 22:01   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBeast View Post
Hyderabad to Nagpur road conditions.
Nothing to worry really.

Quote:
New Delhi via Allahabad (Prayagraj) from Bangalore. I will be taking the Bangalore - Hyderbad- Nagpur - Seoni - Jabalpur - Rewa - Allahabad
Don't do Jabalpur-Rewa-Allahabad. Instead do Jhansi-Orai-Kanpur-Allahabad.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 01:45   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post

Don't do Jabalpur-Rewa-Allahabad. Instead do Jhansi-Orai-Kanpur-Allahabad.
Thank you! But can you please tell me the reason for this route? As per maps, the Jabalpur - Rewa - Allahabad route is 650kms while the Jhansi one is more than 1k, which is almost 350kms extra.
Old 12th January 2021, 15:22   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Hey everyone, need some inputs for Hyderabad to Nagpur road conditions.

-DB
I did Bangalore - Nagpur recently. Hyderabad to Nagpur stretch is good in most parts. The roads in Telangana are good but the traffic isn't. If you are traveling during the day look out for unruly bikers and other local traffic. Try to leave Hyderabad early and cover the first stretch early morning hours. I found the first two toll booths after Mechal are not well managed with proper lane dividers.

After entering Maharashtra, the roads have improved recently but still, they are not consistent. Potholes crop up from nowhere. I found the left lane better. Maintain lower speeds.
trahul4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 16:19   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahul4 View Post

After entering Maharashtra, the roads have improved recently but still, they are not consistent. Potholes crop up from nowhere. I found the left lane better. Maintain lower speeds.

Sure, thanks for the inputs. How much time did you take from Hyderabad to Bangalore, with breaks?

As per our plan, we should be starting from Bangalore by 5:00am and should reach Hyderabad outer by 12:30ish. And then to Nagpur by 9:00pm-ish.
Old 12th January 2021, 19:00   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Sure, thanks for the inputs. How much time did you take from Hyderabad to Bangalore, with breaks?

As per our plan, we should be starting from Bangalore by 5:00am and should reach Hyderabad outer by 12:30ish. And then to Nagpur by 9:00pm-ish.
On my onward journey from Bangalore to Nagpur, I took a break in Hyderabad. Left Bangalore JP Nagar at 5AM and was in Hyderabad Novotel HICC around 1:30 PM with a half-hour breakfast break in between.

On return, I did Nagpur to Bangalore in one go. Left from Nagpur ( Civil Lines) at 6 AM and exited Hyd ORR (Shamshabad) at 2:15 PM with half hour breakfast break in between. Stopped for lunch at Thimapur for an hour and started at 3:15 PM from there. Reached Kurnool at 5:45 PM for a 20 min tea break. Stopped for dinner at Anantpur around 8:40 PM. I was bit tired and took it slowly from there. Started after Anantpur at 9:15 PM and was in JP Nagar at 12:30 AM with some sedate driving. Overall around 18.5 hours from Nagpur with total break time around 2 hours combined.
I maintained speeds between 90 and 100 and never crossed 100kmph.
trahul4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 15:04   #416

I came from Nagpur to Bangalore during last week of December 2020. Roads near Nagpur have potholes and that too big & deep ones which are mostly on right lanes due to heavy truck traffic on right lane.

I stared from Sundergarh, Odisha around 5:30 AM with plan to halt in Nagpur for the night. Though I managed to reach Nagpur around 4:30 PM and HYD was 7-8 hours away, I decided to press the pedal to the metal. I left Nagpur around 4:30-5:00 PM. With 2 breaks one for fuel and nature call another for dinner in one of the many dhabas across both sides of Highway, I managed to reach hotel in Madhapura(HYD) by 11:45 PM. All the way I was driving in triple digits without much issues during night time.

Next day I started from HYD at 9:40 AM and with couple of breaks, I was able to reach koramangala, Bangalore around 6 PM.

Roads in Maharastra and Telangana are better than roads in Andhra Pradesh. Highway in AP has lot of uneven surfaces. Though tarmac has not broken it will make car roll a bit and mostly be careful near small bridges as start and end of bridges have huge undulations which makes the car jump if someone is doing high speeds.

Have plenty of water, some snacks and a busy playlist, you can easily cruse the distance without much to worry about.
Raja Rakesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 11:39   #417
BHPian

I did a part of the Hyderabad-Nagpur strech a couple of days back, travelled from Hyderabad to Karanji.

The roads in Telangana are excellent - the tarmac is butter smooth throughout except for a patch of one KM between Pippalwada toll and MH-TS border where the road is very good but not butter smooth. NH44 in TS from Karnataka border to Maharashtra border is excellent and in much better shape than KA, AP or MH.

Though I travelled only 50 KM in Maharashtra, I was very vary of the road seeing this thread and YouTube videos. However, the road was good - there were no potholes. The patchwork to cover the potholes did transmit it's presence to inside the cabin, however did not cause any disturbance driving wise. A stretch of 500 odd meters is one way before the MH state check post.

The trip cost me Rs. 575 in tolls.
abhishek_hch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 00:06   #418
BHPian

I did the same stretch from the opposite direction yesterday. The road condition in Maharashtra was much the same except for a couple of potholes that I could spot. There as also a patch in the right lane where the patchwork was shoddily done and it was potentially dangerous. In Telangana, the road is not as smooth as in the other lane, it seemed the work for relaying the top layer is still ongoing. Just to clarify, no complaints - it's just that it's a normal good road, not butter smooth as the other lane.

A lot of people have pointed to the lack of eateries in the Telangana stretch. While it's mostly true that proper eating places are hard to come by, the stretch has a lot of dhabas for truck drivers. We ended up eating at two of these places and was pleasantly surprised.

The first was "Sher e Punjab Dhaba (UK06 Wale)" some 10-15 KMs after Kamareddy. This is how it looks from the outside. Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries-pxl_20210225_104201813.jpg

And this is the look from the inside.
Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries-pxl_20210221_071932900.jpg

We had Dal Fry and Mix Vegetables along with Tandoori Rotis. The Dal & Sabzi were yum though on the oily side. The rotis I felt had a tad too much maida but were passable.
Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries-pxl_20210221_073153178.jpg

We added an omelette to the mix.
Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries-pxl_20210221_073332337.jpg

And topped it off with Dahi & Thums up to aid the digestion.
Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries-pxl_20210221_074105922.jpg

The food was tasty and wholesome and was quite reminiscent of the dhabas in the north. There were quite a few truck drivers eating but that did not create any issues for us. I saw a couple of families walk in. Except for some flies, the set up was pretty okay & functional as far as any dhaba goes. All of this set us back by Rs. 460.

The place has 100 plus Google reviews and is rated 4 star, so think that people have mostly found it good. The Google map link is provided below.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/VzkxkS8piVFVxs8P6

While coming back, we were famished and stopped by at a Dhaba we could spot the earliest where we saw a family sit & eat. This was the Mahaveer Rajasthan Family Dhaba in Neradigonda.

Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries-pxl_20210225_084009853.portrait.jpg

We ordered Egg Bhurji & Dal Fry.
Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries-pxl_20210225_085116696.jpg

Also ordered Palak Paneer to add to the mix.
Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries-pxl_20210225_085514956.jpg

We had these with Tandoori rotis fresh off the oven. The rotis here were not as high on maida as the ones earlier.
Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries-pxl_20210225_085217337.jpg

We topped it off all again with a plate of Dahi & Thums up.

The food here was a mix of North & South Indian - all the items having a strong flavor of curry leaves. However, the food was filling & good. The service as with all Dhabas was fast & friendly. The pricing was economical with all of the above setting us back by Rs. 510. Interestingly there was a lot of chatter happening behind the wall that you can see in the photo of the Dhaba above. After eating I peeped into see what was up. Found a few people enjoy their drinks. However that created no problems for us & as long as that is the case, all is good!

If hunger pangs strike around the Medchal Toll then you can stop by to have some juicy & fresh of the fire Bhuttas. They are definitely worth the halt!
Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries-pxl_20210225_121232735.jpg
abhishek_hch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 07:49   #419
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Just completed a Hyderabad- Jabalpur and back in last week of February. Below are my observations
1. Hyderabad to Adilabad: absolutely no issues whatsoever. Took about 4.5 hours as I started late (8am) on a sunday and had traffic plus multiple break as I was travelling with my kid.

2. Adilabad to Nagpur: 2.5 hours, a few minor bumpy sections at the end of TS and start of MH border after Adilabad due to 4 lane work in progress. Apart from this, a closed flyover near hinganghat I guess and one has to take a crowded undepass. Took almost an hour snack break at Haldiram's near Ajni

3. Nagpur to Jabalpur: Roughly 4 hours with 2-3 breaks. The road was a breeze, minor lane diversions along the ghat stretch near Khurai, but apart from that it was a charm.

Overall took 13 hours including my breaks.

My kiddo took long naps during return and I was able to cover Jabalpur to Hyderabad in 11 hours(door to door) with breaks(none of the breaks were very long). Started at 7.45AM and reached home at 6.30PM (gachibowli)
naivedyanm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 14:13   #420

Hey Raja, apologies for the much delayed response. I overstayed at Brajrajnagar till mid-March, just because I was able to work from home. However, on 21st March morning, I received a panic call from my cousin who visited Hyderabad for an emergency cardiac surgery and desperately wanted me to come down and assist. I started from Brajrajnagar the same night and reached Hyderabad in 14 hours (+2 hours of breaks). I must say that the roads are really good.

Please do let me know your experience. Hope you enjoyed your drive!

Most Viewed