Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2013, 22:46   #106
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries

So doing this road again day after tomorrow. Leaving Hyderabad by 5:30.

This time around, I will be very careful of "Dogs". Plan is to reach nagpur by 1 pm and leave for Raipur by 2pm.

Raipur is 280 kms. Uptil Bhandara : 60 kms is a 2 laned highway, which would take around 90 mins.

The next 240 kms if done non-stop, would take a max of 4 hours as darkness sets in at 5:30. This is with sedate driving.
Old 21st January 2013, 16:39   #107
BHPian

Did a Hyderabad - Raipur trip last week.

Route taken: Hyderabad - Adilabad - Nagpur - Raipur

Road Condition: Excellent 4 lanes till AP-MH border. Road conditions on the MH side have improved a bit.

Initial 20 km from MH border has rough patches and takes around 25 minutes to cover. There is a 20 km4-laned stretch in between till village Wadaki. Wadaki to Karanji is the other 20 kms of rough patch strecth and takes 20 mins.

Work between Wadaki - Karanji for 4-laning is in progress and should be done by monsoon.

Overall the conditions have improved greatly and taking this stretch is no more a nightmare, however the route is not advised for night driving.

Started from Hyderabad at 8:30 am and reached the Raipur byepass in Nagpur at 2:30 pm. This after taking a 30 mins break in between.

Nagpur - Raipur: 4 laning work in progress between Nagpur - Bhandara. From there on excellent 4-laned roads for the entire 220 kms/

Hyderabad - Raipur was done in 12 hours with an hour of break.

On the return trip the route was completed in 12 hours with 2 hours of breaks.

Overall speed never maintained at 110-120.

Lots of restaurants and new pumps have opened up till Nirmal (200 kms from Hyd). There are no pumps between Nirmal - Adilabad.

Adilabad - Hinganghat: Facilities are poor.

Hinganghat to Raipur: The stretch is everbustling with activity and facilities.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 17:33   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Hyderabad - Raipur was done in 12 hours with an hour of break.

On the return trip the route was completed in 12 hours with 2 hours of breaks.

Overall speed never maintained at 110-120.

Lots of restaurants and new pumps have opened up till Nirmal (200 kms from Hyd). There are no pumps between Nirmal - Adilabad.

Adilabad - Hinganghat: Facilities are poor.

Hinganghat to Raipur: The stretch is everbustling with activity and facilities.
Excellent update and write-up. Reading it makes me feel like doing this drive right now. Thanks!
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 16:26   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Road conditions on the MH side have improved a bit...

Work between Wadaki - Karanji for 4-laning is in progress and should be done by monsoon...

Overall the conditions have improved greatly...
Thanks for the update! Good to know that some progress is happening on these stretches - they have been lying dead for the last 2 years or so. Looks like NHAI was finally able to award the contracts for these sectors. Did you specifically hear from someone about the "should be done by monsoon" bit or is it pure speculation on your part?
Old 29th January 2013, 00:10   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Did you specifically hear from someone about the "should be done by monsoon" bit or is it pure speculation on your part?
This particular stretch is 20kms.

The amount of rollers, dumpers, trucks, current activity in the construction base all suggest that the work is in full swing.

Moreover, most part of the 4 lane land is acquired and levelling done. Places where there are bridges, may take some time as the pillars for the same are coming up and the land close to them is yet to be levelled.
Old 15th February 2013, 19:03   #111
BHPian

Just did a hyd nagpur trip. the road condition till 340 km out of hyd is four lane excellent highway. Thereafter till about another 60 odd km are bad stretch. Again when you are 90 km short of nagpur, the road is good. total distance 500 km. time taken 6 hours with one break.
sheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2013, 16:51   #112
BHPian

Planning Bangalore-Bhopal trip again. Any suggestion on hotels near Adilabad/Nirmal and also in Nagpur ? Plan is to try reaching Nagpur or take a break in between Hyd & Nagpur. Will be travelling with a 2.5 & 0.5 year old so looking for clean & comfortable hotels, with parking space.
Old 4th April 2013, 18:55   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhidube View Post
Any suggestion on hotels near Adilabad/Nirmal and also in Nagpur ?

Will be travelling with a 2.5 & 0.5 year old so looking for clean & comfortable hotels, with parking space.
I doubt it that you will find a clean and comfortable hotel at Nirmal or Adilabad.
Old 4th April 2013, 19:29   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhidube View Post
Planning Bangalore-Bhopal trip again. Any suggestion on hotels near Adilabad/Nirmal and also in Nagpur ? Plan is to try reaching Nagpur or take a break in between Hyd & Nagpur. Will be travelling with a 2.5 & 0.5 year old so looking for clean & comfortable hotels, with parking space.
There is a Ravi Teja at Adilabad,in the town near the bus-stand(best avoided though).You can easily make it to Nagpur with an early morning start from Bangalore as now the Outer Ring Road at HYD is open and connects NH7 to NH7.So its a breeze bypassing HYD.BLR-HYD:7HRS 30-45mins to Bypass Hyd,Medchal-Nagpur:7-8hrs/Altogether Nagpur can be reached in 15-16hrs of sedate driving.Its better to target Nagpur than any of the in between places.

No hotels in Nirmal.Peanut Hotel in Nagpur is a good budget place.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2013, 18:59   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Peanut Hotel in Nagpur is a good budget place.
100% Agreed.
I stayed there once on my way to Pench last summer.
One of the best, reasonably priced option. Easily accessible from NH7; and situated in a peaceful locality. Safe street parking available under the watchful eyes of the hotel's security guard.
Night_Hawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2013, 19:22   #116
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys. Have done the trip 2 times last year so Bangalore-Nagpur is definitely possible in a day. Just wanted to have a backup plan with kids.

Thanks again.
Old 15th April 2013, 19:35   #117
BHPian

Did Hyd - Nagpur - Hyd over the weekend in about 6 hours 30 minutes of driving time each way (add the breaks ... and it was 7 odd hours).

As mentioned in my posts earlier and by others, of the entire route of 500 kms, 450-odd kms is excellent high-way ; Speeds of 110 kmph sustainable.

The balance 50-kms is improving but at a snail's pace ...

Adilabad - Pandharkawada : The first 'bad stretch' of about 25 kms appears in this part ... there is clearly improvement in the last few months and road work is underway in some parts. However, some of the bad patches (about 20-30 of those patches, each between 10 to 50 metres) have actually gotten worse with deep potholes, rubble

Pandharkawada - Hinganghat : The second 'bad stretch' of about 25 kms again ... this one has seen a lot of improvement over the last 6 months with road work underway. Some stretches are almost complete and some others not even started. Overall, better than earlier but with about 10-15 bad sectors of 10-50 metres each.

Tolls have increased (I love the Govt!) - both in terms of no.of toll booths and rates ... upwards of 400 bucks overall.

Last edited by RoadTiger : 15th April 2013 at 19:37.
RoadTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 12:55   #118
BHPian

Guys I am making a trip from Nagpur to hyderabad next week. I will be staying at Gachibowli. Is it a good idea to take the Outer Ring Road and exit near ISB Road for Gachibowli instead of travelling through the city. I would be reaching around 1pm.
inder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 17:14   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Guys I am making a trip from Nagpur to hyderabad next week. I will be staying at Gachibowli. Is it a good idea to take the Outer Ring Road and exit near ISB Road for Gachibowli instead of travelling through the city. I would be reaching around 1pm.
Yes. This really makes sense. You will be reaching in very quick time without any traffic delays to Gachibowli through ORR. City is full of Metro constructions happening i would not advise.
Old 4th May 2013, 12:42   #120
BHPian

^^ +1

It is exactly 51 Kms from the entry of ORR to the exit at financial district. There is not toll till Patacheru entry and the toll from Patancheru entry to Financial district exit is 20/-. The speed limit is 80-110 kmph. It took me 35 mins when i took this road last time in April.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks