Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2017, 22:48   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by agd19682 View Post
I travelled from Bangalore to Jabalpur via Hyderabad during Jan-Feb, 2017. While coming back from Jabalpur, I jotted down the names of each of the toll plazas along the way. While coming back, I travelled via the Narsingpur-Chinddwara route because the forest area between Seoni and Nagpur had a lot of diversions and the road condition was pathetic.

Hope this helps those who might be planning to travel along this route...

Attachment 1645685
I did Nagpur-Narsinghpur stretch recently both ways. Narsinghpur Chhindwara is amazing 2 land router - tolled but very good roads and little traffic. The other router via Seoni - Narsinghpur-Seoni is amazing but Seoni-Nagpur is horrible with bad roads & 4 lane constuction on in patches. Would recommend Chhindwara router totally.
Old 10th October 2017, 23:45   #332
BHPian

Has anyone travelled between the Nagpur-Seoni-Jabalpur route recently? Has there been any improvements to that stretch lately? I am planning to drive down to Jabalpur and was wondering whether taking the Chhindwara route would be a better option?
Old 11th October 2017, 08:01   #333
BHPian

Close your eyes and take the Chindwara route unless you want to break some of your bones and your car bones by taking the seoni route
pareshraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 08:58   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone travelled between the Nagpur-Seoni-Jabalpur route recently? Has there been any improvements to that stretch lately? I am planning to drive down to Jabalpur and was wondering whether taking the Chhindwara route would be a better option?
BHPian arjithin return via Chindwara route from his recent sojourn to the Himalayas. When we discussed, he reported the road to remain in good condition.

Hence, just take this route which otherwise also is a default route due to its excellent condition.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 15:21   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Close your eyes and take the Chindwara route unless you want to break some of your bones and your car bones by taking the seoni route
He he he, good one Paresh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
BHPian arjithin return via Chindwara route from his recent sojourn to the Himalayas. When we discussed, he reported the road to remain in good condition.

Hence, just take this route which otherwise also is a default route due to its excellent condition.
Thanks for the update Parag. Will go via the Chhindwara route.
Old 15th October 2017, 11:25   #336
BHPian

Hi All,
Planning to travel Hyd to Nagpur this Tuesday(17 Oct 2017) Any recent update on Pnadharkwada-Wadki-Hinganghat stretch?
Old 22nd October 2017, 09:00   #337
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Naivedyanm.

please update your experience. it would help.
Old 22nd October 2017, 19:18   #338
BHPian

Did this route twice(both ways) over last week.

Adilabad-Hinganghat : There are 2 bad stretches. About 30kms,15kms in length from Nag to Hyd. End to end distance of the bad patch is about 80kms, but doable in about 60-70mins, mainly due to the good stretch between the two bad patches. Speed was good even at night. Overall situation is much better than that in Oct 2016. No work in progress visible on the bad patches.

Hinganghat Railway crossing - Equivalent to Hell. There was 1.5kms line(all heavy vehicles) waiting for the railway crossing to open up. Initially I thought there has been an accident, but took my vehicle from the wrong side all the way up to the crossing. There seems to be a change in one of the operators at the crossing, current guy shuts the crossing 25-30mins in advance as witnessed and heard from regulars. Crossing was shut hardly for 10-15 mins overall during the day.

Did Hyderabad-Nagpur stretch comfortably in under 7hrs during day, and slightly more than 7hrs during night.
Old 27th October 2017, 21:30   #339

I drove my 800cc Hyundai EON from Nagpur to Hyderabad on 21st October 2017. I can confirm the observations made by baahubali & inder.
  • Railway crossing @ Hinganaghat is still a nightmare.
  • Hotel Ashoka in Jamb https://goo.gl/maps/epM6spsxMh72 is probably the best place to stop for a bite to eat. It has ample parking space and very good service. From there all the way to Hyderabad I could hardly find a decent place to stop - especially if you have women & children travelling with you.
  • Road from Hinganaghat to Adilabad is full of bad patches & potholes. Lot of diversions where you need to drive on the wrong side of the road. Better to take this stretch during daylight. But the road from Adilabad to Hyderabad is a dream. Surprisingly devoid of traffic when compared to the highways in South India.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th October 2017 at 00:50. Reason: Post edited. >> converted to LIST
Harry Iyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 15:06   #340
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Sorry was tied up heavily at office.
I agree with Baahubali
I will share only the specific locations where you will have issues.

Adilabad -Pandharkwada->2 lane starts for a good stretch alongwith diversions but few very few bad points. Only place you find bad road is changing of diversions.
Wadki-> bad points
Wadner -> bad stretches
Hinganghat-> please be careful there is a stretch of unmarked breaker columns before the railway crossing which is without road. I mean the road feels like a patch in the middle of potholes.
Borkhedi bridge is complete and up now.

Compared to last year situation much much better.

I can give it a good 6/10 now (considering I would give it 1/10 or 2/10 before this)
I did this 7 hours flat up and down.
left Hyd at 4PM. at 11PM was at Nagpur
Started from Nagpur at 2.30 PM and reached Hyderabad at 9-9.30PM
Old 4th November 2017, 01:41   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by baahubali View Post
Did Hyderabad-Nagpur stretch comfortably in under 7hrs during day, and slightly more than 7hrs during night.
Hi bahubali, is it safe to travel through this stretch in the night? I like to drive through the night to avoid usual day traffic, but have never done this stretch before. I'm planning to go through this stretch overnight en route to Delhi and was wondering if it's safe and things I need to be careful about while travelling with family. Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 23:01   #342
BHPian

Hi all,
I just have a suggestion to follow the route through Hinganghat town in case you see long lines. Google maps below shows a route through the town as highlighted by red path. Worth giving a try.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries-screen-shot-20171104-22.54.52.png  

Old 12th November 2017, 16:17   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subdash View Post
Hi bahubali, is it safe to travel through this stretch in the night? I like to drive through the night to avoid usual day traffic, but have never done this stretch before. I'm planning to go through this stretch overnight en route to Delhi and was wondering if it's safe and things I need to be careful about while travelling with family. Thanks

Apologies for late reply.
Yes, I think it should be safe, I would have done it if it required me to. Dont stop anywhere on the stretch. There are many places which can be used as ambush by miscreants though. So you should be careful of the road ahead, ensure there is enough light on your vehicle. Stock lamps of any vehicle till B segment are not good(upgrade your lights if you use a car in this segment). I have seen trucks plying even till 11pm/12am at night on this stretch. Anything beyond that time on any highway in India would be termed unsafe, not to be done with family in a single car.

Last edited by baahubali : 12th November 2017 at 16:22.
baahubali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 14:45   #344
BHPian

Quote:
He he he, good one Paresh....

Thanks for the update Parag. Will go via the Chhindwara route.
How was the drive through Chindwara route? Do we need to pass through Nagpur town or is there a bye pass or ORR that we can take.
Old 14th November 2017, 14:48   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enragz View Post
How was the drive through Chindwara route? Do we need to pass through Nagpur town or is there a bye pass or ORR that we can take.
You have to pass through Nagpur Town. At the moment, it will take nearly 45 min to 1 hour due to narrow roads coz of metro barricading practically throughout the city route.

Could not find any bypass at least on Google Maps. Maybe someone with local route knowledge can guide better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks