Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2019, 00:10   #376
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankShaft05 View Post
I have done Hyderabad to Pench last weekend and it was a breeze. I have started from Gachibowli and took the ORR to enter NH7 and it took 7.5 hrs including a 45 min break to reach the Nagpur airport. There is only a small patch of around 3 to 4 km which is under construction. The road further to Pench is also in excellent condition and Hyd to Pench could be done in 9 hrs flat in my opinion.
Great! That means the dreaded Wadki-Panharkhwada-Pipparwada section is all four-laned now (?)

I will also be interested in knowing about the Mansar - Seoni section, if anyone has updates. My knowledge of this route is five years old.
Old 8th May 2019, 07:45   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
I will also be interested in knowing about the Mansar - Seoni section, if anyone has updates. My knowledge of this route is five years old.
Read about Nagpur Mansar Seoni ans beyond (We were headed to Jabalpur) on this post on another thread.

Bangalore to Jabalpur update.

Most roadwork between Nagpur to Seoni is complete including the Mansar ROB (after I drove).
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 11:04   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great! That means the dreaded Wadki-Panharkhwada-Pipparwada section is all four-laned now (?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Most roadwork between Nagpur to Seoni is complete including the Mansar ROB (after I drove).
Given all of this, is it correct to assume that road conditions on NH44 are superb all the way from Bangalore to Jhansi now, post which one will encounter the Jhs-Gwl mayhem?
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 11:08   #379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Given all of this, is it correct to assume that road conditions on NH44 are superb all the way from Bangalore to Jhansi now, post which one will encounter the Jhs-Gwl mayhem?
In fact, the biggest pain was Nagpur - Narsingpur where construction work around Mansar as well as Seoni was still work in progress and hence the recommendation was to take
the Chindwara route. Once the section became good, it was smooth sailing all the way.

Regarding Jhansi, even when I drove from to Delhi and back prior to my Jabalpur trip, the route via Sagar was always "FANTASTIC" till Jhansi. That was never an issue.

So, if the destination is Jhansi, you need not worry about the road conditions at all.

Jhansi - Gwalior remains the bad one of the lot of this entire Delhi Bangalore stretch with work at snail's pace.

Last edited by paragsachania : 8th May 2019 at 11:10.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 15:26   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Only a small section of 3 to 4 km near Pandharkhwada is under construction, but rest all is a breeze to drive
CrankShaft05 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 11:08   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankShaft05 View Post
Only a small section of 3 to 4 km near Pandharkhwada is under construction, but rest all is a breeze to drive
I drove on this section yesterday. Except for one bridge approach, the entire Pandharkhwada stretch is absolutely smooth now. Near the bridge too (where the work is incomplete), the available single line is very good. So, I could cover the Nagpur - Hyderabad section in 7 hours 45 minutes with two breaks in between, for tea at Jam and for lunch at Nerarigonda before Nirmal.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 14:23   #382
BHPian

Quote:
I drove on this section yesterday. Except for one bridge approach, the entire Pandharkhwada stretch is absolutely smooth now. Near the bridge too (where the work is incomplete), the available single line is very good. So, I could cover the Nagpur - Hyderabad section in 7 hours 45 minutes with two breaks in between, for tea at Jam and for lunch at Nerarigonda before Nirmal.

Good to know that the small stretch which was not so great during last week of April is now in a great shape, which makes travel between Hyderabad and Nagpur absolute bliss!
Old 11th November 2019, 11:41   #383
Senior - BHPian

Short Update Hyderabad to Nagpur

Hyderabad to Pandharkawada.

Four laned completely and excellent condition.Medchal town traffic is high during the day
and slows down the travel time.

Pandharkawada to Karanji

About 20 kms this stretch has pot holes and need to negotiate slowly.
Road works are happening hope it might be tarred soon.

Karanji to Nagpur.

Four laned in good condition.Hingaghat and Butibori town has flyover construction going on over the town.
Service roads are gravel and sand need to slow down.

Nagpur has an excellent Bypass.
gajadonga is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 11:03   #384
BHPian

Sorry for bumping up an old thread, But I am driving from Allahabad to Dharwad (Karnataka) by the end of this month,
I am looking for any information regarding the condition of the roads from Allahabad to Nagpur (NH30)
and Nagpur to Hyderabad. Or, I plan to drive from Allahabad to Pune and NH4 to Dharwad if that route makes more sense. Which would be better? Any inputs will be much appreciated.
I am driving a 58 year old car, and do not want to leave anything to chance or take any risks. Kindly help with suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
Old 16th November 2019, 11:32   #385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micki9559 View Post
Sorry for bumping up an old thread, But I am driving from Allahabad to Dharwad (Karnataka) by the end of this month,
I am looking for any information regarding the condition of the roads from Allahabad to Nagpur (NH30)
and Nagpur to Hyderabad. Or, I plan to drive from Allahabad to Pune and NH4 to Dharwad if that route makes more sense. Which would be better? Any inputs will be much appreciated.
I am driving a 58 year old car, and do not want to leave anything to chance or take any risks. Kindly help with suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
Did I read it right 58 year old . Please tell more.

About the route from Nagpur to Hyderabad, I frequent through it to go from Hyderabad to Bhilai. The route after Nagpur was under construction the last time I went some parts are open now and the condition has improved since last few times I have been there. Last time there was roads almost all the way till Telangana border though only one way sometimes with few random potholes that come out of no where so beware of that if you are cruising. This is mostly after and around Hinganghat. Once you cross over to Telangana border roads get smooth as they can be with little to no traffic at all till the time you reach Medchal I think.

No idea about other routes you asked.
Old 18th November 2019, 23:04   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsmit409 View Post
Did I read it right 58 year old . Please tell more.
Thanks for the information! I am driving down in a 1961 Fiat 1100 Select.
Old 11th December 2019, 22:56   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micki9559 View Post
I am still not sure of the NH from ALD to Nagpur via Mangwan - Katni - Jabalpur. If this were all four-lane, this would have been the best and shortest. But I think it is still in bad shape up to Jabalpur. Between Seoni and Nagpur too, there is an approx 20 kms bad patch, basically under broadening work.

You may consider Kanpur - Jhansi - Bhopal - Indore - Dhule - Nashik - Pune. In this stretch, you can get a two-lane stretch between Malthone and Bhopal (after crossing Lalitpur). Rest is all fine stretch. On NH 4 also, there is a two-lane stretch but that is after you cross Dharwad So, will not matter to you.

I am not sure of the Hyderabad - Dharwad section.

We would also love to see the 58 years old Fiat.
Old 17th September 2020, 14:15   #388

Has anyone recently traveled on the Hyderabad - Nagpur highway, and can provide updates on 1. road condition, 2. highway rest plazas, and 3. safety along this route?

I am planning to drive from Bangalore to Nagpur later this month. I will carry sufficient food, beverages (hot and cold), protective equipment (masks, wipes, sanitizer, pee-safe, disposable gloves), and limit outside exposure to restroom breaks. Considering that I will have a co-driver for the journey, I plan to attempt it as a single day trip.

I am aware of the Bangalore - Hyderabad road condition as I have extensively driven on this route.
Old 17th September 2020, 14:36   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitio View Post
Has anyone recently traveled on the Hyderabad - Nagpur highway.
I drove to Sagar from Blr in Nov 2018 and the road was great with less traffic. Was with family but drove alone and covered the distance in 13 hours on the 1st day with just bio breaks. Left home at 7 AM from Malleswaram and reached a hotel in Nagpur 5 km into town (can't remember the name) at 8 PM.
pareshraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 18:29   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Close your eyes and take the Chindwara route unless you want to break some of your bones and your car bones by taking the seoni route
Hey, can anyone please update on the latest road condition from Nagpur - Chindwara - Narsinghpur vs Nagpur - Seoni - Narsinghpur?

My preference is for peaceful faster drive over scenic route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks