Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2020, 23:35   #391
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Hey, can anyone please update on the latest road condition from Nagpur - Chindwara - Narsinghpur vs Nagpur - Seoni - Narsinghpur?
On my return journey of the drive in 2018, came via Seoni. To my surprise the road was all done (cement road) and took 15 min less than the Chindwara route.

Can't say this route is more scenic but definitely more green coz you cut through Pench Tiger reserve!
pareshraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 22:33   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
In fact, the biggest pain was Nagpur - Narsingpur where construction work around Mansar as well as Seoni was still work in progress and hence the recommendation was to take
the Chindwara route. Once the section became good, it was smooth sailing all the way.

Regarding Jhansi, even when I drove from to Delhi and back prior to my Jabalpur trip, the route via Sagar was always "FANTASTIC" till Jhansi. That was never an issue.

So, if the destination is Jhansi, you need not worry about the road conditions at all.

Jhansi - Gwalior remains the bad one of the lot of this entire Delhi Bangalore stretch with work at snail's pace.
Hey Parag, I am planning a road trip from Hyderabad to Delhi. Can you please help me with 2 things -

1. Good petrol pumps along the route.
2. Good pitstops along the route with clean washrooms.
Old 4th October 2020, 15:29   #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitio View Post
Has anyone recently traveled on the Hyderabad - Nagpur highway, and can provide updates on 1. road condition, 2. highway rest plazas, and 3. safety along this route?

I am planning to drive from Bangalore to Nagpur later this month. I will carry sufficient food, beverages (hot and cold), protective equipment (masks, wipes, sanitizer, pee-safe, disposable gloves), and limit outside exposure to restroom breaks. Considering that I will have a co-driver for the journey, I plan to attempt it as a single day trip.

I am aware of the Bangalore - Hyderabad road condition as I have extensively driven on this route.
I traveled from Bangalore to Hyderabad on 26th September. While the initial plan was to drive to Nagpur on the same day, I took a break and stayed overnight at Hyderabad, prior to commencing the journey to Nagpur the next day. We encountered heavy rainfall along the Bangalore Hyderabad route, and it took us almost 9 hours to cover this stretch.

My wife and I started from Hyderabad (Sheraton Gachibowli to be precise) at 7:00am on 27th September (Sunday).

Gachibowli to Medchal (Travel on ORR): As Sheraton is very close to ORR (Nanakramguda exit), we took this option. Driving on this stretch was a breeze - we set the cruise at 100kmph (the prescribed speed limit for ORR), and reached Medchal exit in about 30 minutes.

Traffic Jam at Mechal: As soon as we hit NH44 (Nagpur highway), we encountered a massive traffic pile up, near A1 Green Bawarchi restaurant. After standing still for about 20 minutes, a helpful policeman requested motorists to take a diversion via Narsapur and Medak, owing to a massive pileup near Manoharabad. So, we went back towards ORR, and took the exit towards Narasapur and Medak.

Medchal to Narasapur to Medak (Detour): After existing ORR, we were on a 2 lane highway interspersed with 4-lane stretches until Narasapur. The roads were very smooth and we drove through mini forest stretches. At Narasapur, our navigator (the lady from Mountain View, CA, i.e. Google Maps) took us further towards Medak. We duly obliged and carried on with her guidance. The road from Narasapur to Medak was a 2-lane highway, with road-widening work in progress. It was a smooth ride, with the exception of taking a 100m off-road detour owing to a bridge construction. We finally merged back onto NH44 near Ramayampet (at 10:30am). We were on the road for about 3 hours 30 minutes, and had covered a little more than 100kms.

Ramayampet to Adilabad: (Distance ~200 kms; time taken 2hours 15minutes; Start time: 10:30am, End time: 1:00pm). We took a 15 minute break as soon as we hit the highway to have a cup of tea. We had masala chai premix by Chaayos (Our preference was Girnar; however Chaayos won the delivery time battle), hot water in flasks and a travel heating mug (if the water becomes cold). In less than a minute we had hot steaming mugs of chai. The road from Ramayamper to Adilabad was really good - 6/4 lane throughout, and smooth tarmac. A constant stream of truckers, car carriers, and private cars gave us company along the route. The truckers seem to be the most sensible in terms of highway manners, and very predictable from a driving perspective. Motorcyclists are the most annoying traffic on this stretch as they weave in and out of traffic, and do not necessarily stick to a single lane. Caution: Watch for shepherds with flock of sheep crossing the road on this stretch of road. We reached Adilabad at 1:00pm.

Adilabad to Nagpur: (Distance ~200kms; time taken 2 hours 30 mins; Start Time: 1:00pm, End Time: 3:30pm): The road from Adilabad to Nagpur is 4/6 lane throughout, with the exception of some road work for a 0.5kms stretch at Hinganghat. The traffic was much thinner in this stretch of road. However, the road condition is not good. The road has developed multiple pot-holes (some of them are unsighted, i.e. on the crest of a bridge, or on curves), and requires careful maneuvering. Wifey was playing the role of navigator in this stretch, and we felt like we were in a video-game (avoid the potholes). At a couple of places, the potholes were so deep that we had to almost come to a halt to avoid taking a hit to the suspension or wheels. Recommendation: Try to cover this stretch during the day time as it will be near impossible to detect these potholes at night. Note: The traffic steadily increases after crossing Jamb (the town where the Chandrapur and Adilabad roads merge. This is a T-junction, with a left turn towards Nagpur, and a right turn towards Chandrapur). We reached home (near Hingna road) at 3:30pm.

Restaurants and Restrooms: Having driven extensively along the Bangalore - Chennai; Bangalore - Madurai, Bangalore - Coimbatore; Bangalore - Mangalore, and Bangalore - Hubli highways, I found that the options for restroom breaks and clean restaurants are non-existent along this route. Considering the COVID-19 situation, we resorted to packed food, hot water flasks, and snacks. The good old behind the bushes was our option for nature's call (We didn't want to take the risk of using unhygienic restrooms at gas stations or Dhabas).
Ignitio is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 22:18   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Hey Parag, I am planning a road trip from Hyderabad to Delhi. Can you please help me with 2 things -

1. Good petrol pumps along the route.
2. Good pitstops along the route with clean washrooms.
One pitstop could be before you hit Nagpur bypass, Buti Bori, Hotel Mayur Vihar. You also have good Bharat Petroleum pumps around Nagpur, even till Mansar. Twice I filled diesel from this BP petrol pump at Mansar, and no issues.

After that, you have an HP one on your left when you approach Narsinghpur. I had filled diesel thrice from this place, and it is reliable. They accept cards too. They also have washrooms.

Pitstops or petrol pumps on the Lakhnadon - Jhansi sections otherwise are not too good, unless you go a little inside Sagar. If you want a restaurant and washrooms, you can depend on the MPTDC motels (three are there between Lakhnadon and Jhansi, two on your right between Lakhnadon and Sagar and one on your left, that is, before reaching Lalitpur). They are not crowded places.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 4th October 2020 at 22:20.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 22:34   #395
BHPian

Any one travelled lately especially after yesterdays rainfall?
I am planning to take the route to nagpur-jabalpur next saturday.

Any challenges upfront will be helpful.
Old 7th November 2020, 08:20   #396
BHPian

Hi everyone,
Replying to my own query might be useful for others planning during festive season.

1. Apart from few kilometers of mild rough patches, excellent road condition.

2. One such rough patch is just after adilabad, once you cross the toll and go on the elevated banking which was pending widening for years.

3. Another one near the overpass around hinganghat

4. All tolls operational with fastags

5. Road after khawasa till seoni is blocked due to work and need to take a detour via tirodhi->katangi->seoni.
I suggest take nagpur->chindwara->seoni but if you
end up taking the tirodhi route, below is my
suggestion and insight
Advice: its deep forest route with single lane
road
with ghats, hair pin bends, extremely curvy road and
high traffic due to this diversion.Try covering in
daylight.
This route will eat up atleast 2 excess hours of your
travel.

Though I took more stops due to variety of personal reasons, this detour caused my travel time from hyderabad to jabalpur and back roughly 14 hours each side which typically used to be 10-12hours considering breaks.

Its best to go via chindwara as per my thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naivedyanm View Post
Any one travelled lately especially after yesterdays rainfall?
I am planning to take the route to nagpur-jabalpur next saturday.

Any challenges upfront will be helpful.
naivedyanm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 09:30   #397
BHPian

Anyone did Hyderabad to Nagpur recently.
Someone posted about horrible traffic jams getting out of Hyderabad on to NH44.

We would be driving from Bhopal to Hyderabad. Just wanted to know if it was doable in one stretch? Or an overnight stop is necessary?
Thank you.
Old 17th December 2020, 11:07   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
Anyone did Hyderabad to Nagpur recently.
Someone posted about horrible traffic jams getting out of Hyderabad on to NH44.

We would be driving from Bhopal to Hyderabad. Just wanted to know if it was doable in one stretch? Or an overnight stop is necessary?
Thank you.

I did Blr - Hyd - Nagpur last week. I took the Hyd ORR from Blr - Hyd highway. It was a Thursday, there was no traffic on the ORR. I encountered some local traffic after I exited Hyd ORR to NH-44, but not too much to bother.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 14:35   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanu28 View Post
Thank you.
Getting in or out of Hyderabad should not be a problem. As already suggested, please use the Outer Ring road and take the appropriate exit point for your destination.

Bhopal to Hyderabad is doable in a single stretch if you're are okay traveling for 16 hrs. continuously. Nagpur is the mid-point, about 7-8 hours from either end.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 20:03   #400
BHPian

Can anyone please suggest any good food stops with family between Hyd and Nagpur? Most of the options I found are within 100-150 KMS from Hyd while on the way to Nagpur.
Any good food joints midway around Adilabad or further towards Nagpur?
Old 18th December 2020, 21:07   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahul4 View Post
Can anyone please suggest any good food stops with family between Hyd and Nagpur? Most of the options I found are within 100-150 KMS from Hyd while on the way to Nagpur.
We did not see any good food joints in that stretch, what we did was pack lunch from a darshini just outside Hyderabad in Medchal as we were getting out of there and had it by the side of the road, near a nice spot later during the day
jphukan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 11:33   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
We did not see any good food joints in that stretch, what we did was pack lunch from a darshini just outside Hyderabad in Medchal as we were getting out of there and had it by the side of the road, near a nice spot later during the day
Yes that's a good idea. Any suggestions on good fuel stations around Medchal or is it better to tank up in Hyderabad city. I know about the IOC coco in HiTec city beside the lemon tree hotel. Any recommended fuel stations in Medchal?
Old 19th December 2020, 12:57   #403
BHPian

Sadly no joints midway. They are all within 100 km of hyderabad. We usually take packed food from home and have it near the toll booth which is midway with lots of trees. Don't remember the name of the toll booth though.
Again there are options,but within 50 kms before Nagpur.

Quote:
inder is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 13:12   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Yes that's a good idea. Any suggestions on good fuel stations around Medchal or is it better to tank up in Hyderabad city. I know about the IOC coco in HiTec city beside the lemon tree hotel. Any recommended fuel stations in Medchal?
These are the few Petrol Bunks, which you can try between Hyderabad & Nagpur

1. 25/30 kms after Hyderabad exit: LINK
2. After Crossing Nizambad Bypass: LINK
3. After Adilabad: LINK
4. After Hinghanghat: LINK

Quote:
There used to be a Salasar Dhaba at Mupkul, before Nirmal Link

Or alternative option would be to have packed lunch and have them at any Highway Mini Nest along the route.
Aniket Verma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 14:02   #405

Hello Mates,

I am starting my trip Hyderabad-Sambalpur (Odisha) tonight. I will be covering Hinganghat-Nagpur-Bhandara between 2-6 AM. Can anyone please help me understand if there is any travel restriction imposed around Nagpur, considering the fact that starting tonight, night curfew (11 PM - 6 AM) has been imposed across all municipal corporations in Maharashtra?

A piece of advise would be highly appreciated!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks