Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:20   #1

Adilabad to VSKP by APSRTC

Dear Members,
I am interested in the Indian Railways. I am doing my PhD in the UK and have been a passive follower of all the fascinating posts here particularly by Mr.HV Kumar.

But do love wandering away off the beaten track. I "did" the Mancheiral Adilabad route by an APSRTC express bus and the road was very good contrary to my expectation. The route is indeed very scenic and abounds with fairly dense jungle. I was actually in the Nandigram to NGP [intending to see the odd NGP route from Nanded] and had a return ticket to SC and my home SBC the next day. I was fooled by some passenger into thinking Mancherial was only a night away from Rajahmundhry and one could get a bus at Adilabad which would go via the dense jungle route noted for its spectacular scenery and reach RJY early next morning. The information was wrong. It proved to be very tedious and I hopped on to a bus to Karimnagar in the evening[ hoping to see Bhadrachalam and thinking that RJY was not far away.]. Once we reached Karimnagar, I got into the Bhadrachalam bus. A co-passenger told me that all the information given to me by the Nandigram co-passenger was wrong. Bhadrachalam was 7 hours away from RJY. I was in a terrible mess. The bus passed Warrangal and I thought I might as well take a chance in the train. The bus was hopelessly packed from Karimnagar and a crowd of humanity descended at Hanamakonda, making it difficult to travel in that bus. I dropped my grand plan of doing an IR-APSRTC crossing from Panvel to RJY and if possible VSKP with disappointment. I had return reservation in the Sabari to Chittoor and I planned to take a bus to Krishnarajapuram. I had earlier cancelled my ticket from NGP to SC and changed to boarding point to Tenali for the Sabari.
I purchased a general ticket to Samalkota[I was really stranded and wanted to sleep away the night in the train] from Warangal. The holiday special to VSKP was jampacked and even general compartments were not free. I must admit I am not used to traveling in general compartments. I pushed till Khammam and went to the bus stand and found packed busses to Bhadrachalam. I gave up on going to Bhadrachalam and resigned to spending the night in Khammam. Goutami express is usually a packed train and the chances of getting berth are remote. The porter seeing my plight asked me what was wrong. He took me to the coach where the TTE was located and there were only 3 berths left[due to people not showing up] I paid Rs.115[I was happy I did not have to use unfair means] and went till SLO and got up only at Nidavolu after being very tired. I bought a general ticket by the Janmabhoomi to Pidugaralla and caught the Sabari there. On the 15th the Janmbahoomi was packed and it was waitlisted! I came standing.
Sorry for making you read the whole boring Ramayana. Please tell me how I could avoid this mistake and if I were to go to VSKP or RJY by APSRTC bus after alighting from the Nandigram express which reaches Adilabad at 9.30AM and possibly see Bhadrachalam, and go via that famed dense jungle route[i read it here] by ordinary APSRTC bus and reach RJY or VSKP next morning by 1000AM what is the route I must take and also cover the road less travelled in Telengana by APSRTC bus. It is easy if one had a powerful car. But the challenge is to rely solely on public transport.
Best Regards
Hathras-Jhansi
Old 22nd October 2008, 18:46   #2

Another question that came to mind to ask members is the deviation and topography of the newly laid railway track from Nanded to Nagpur and the road route to Nagpur and Sevagram from Nanded. Does the road route pass Wani and Majri where the track joins the Secunderabad line?

Another quick question is the extent of the detour the newly laid track which follows a peculiar route from Nanded-Nagpur taken by this funny and small train[what a waste of money and precious diesel as the train was empty after Nanded] the Nandigram express via Kinwat and Adilabad and Majiri to join the line from Secunderbad there. What is the topography of the rail line as compared to the regular road route to Sewagram and Nagpur from Nanded? Does Wani come in the road route from Nanded? How circutious is the rail route of the Nandigram from the regular Nanded-Nagpur &Sevagram road route? What is the usual route taken from Nizamabad-Nanded to Nagpur?
Thanks this question is to get the geography clear

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd October 2008 at 19:19. Reason: see note in post
Old 24th October 2008, 09:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hathras_jhansi View Post
Please tell me how I could avoid this mistake and if I were to go to VSKP or RJY by APSRTC bus after alighting from the Nandigram express which reaches Adilabad at 9.30AM and possibly see Bhadrachalam, and go via that famed dense jungle route[i read it here] by ordinary APSRTC bus and reach RJY or VSKP next morning by 1000AM what is the route I must take and also cover the road less travelled in Telengana by APSRTC bus. It is easy if one had a powerful car. But the challenge is to rely solely on public transport.
Best Regards
Hathras-Jhansi
I am not sure about bus routes, but a road route from Adilabad to Visakhapatnam would go as follows:

Adilabad-Karimnagar-Warangal-Khammam-Rajahmundry-Visakhapatnam.

I have not calculated the distance, but it will be more than an overnighter, should take you at least 12-15 hours (guess). The roads will be good throughout, based on my experience in travelling in this region recently (1 month ago) and also in December on an earlier occasion.

Karimnagar-Warangal-Khammam will be through jungles.

In case you wish to go through Bhadrachalam, there is a direct highway from there to Rajahmundry without touching Khammam.
Old 22nd November 2008, 16:26   #4
manukale

[quote=hathras_jhansi;1025851]Another question that came to mind to ask members is the deviation and topography of the newly laid railway track from Nanded to Nagpur and the road route to Nagpur and Sevagram from Nanded. Does the road route pass Wani and Majri where the track joins the Secunderabad line?

=>Nanded to Nagpur Road route is: Nanded - Waranga Phata - Hadgaon - Umarkhed - Pusad - Digras - Darwha - Yeotmal - Deoli - Wardha - Pawnar (from here Sewagram is some 5 kms) - ButiBori - Nagpur. So Wani & Majri are not enroute.

Another quick question is the extent of the detour the newly laid track which follows a peculiar route from Nanded-Nagpur taken by this funny and small train[what a waste of money and precious diesel as the train was empty after Nanded] the Nandigram express via Kinwat and Adilabad and Majiri to join the line from Secunderbad there. What is the topography of the rail line as compared to the regular road route to Sewagram and Nagpur from Nanded? Does Wani come in the road route from Nanded? How circutious is the rail route of the Nandigram from the regular Nanded-Nagpur &Sevagram road route? What is the usual route taken from Nizamabad-Nanded to Nagpur?
Thanks this question is to get the geography clear

=>The proposed rail-line between Wardha & babded is likely as: Wardha - Pulgaon - Yeotmal - Darwha - (not aware of further cities/towns being covered by railways) Nanded.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks