Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2011, 14:57   #31
BHPian

Re: DelhiQuery : Domestic Airport to Old Delhi Railway Staion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Just as a side question - though not off topic in any way:
What about the Aerocity metro station?

I got an email that it has been opened - wouldn't that be closest to the T1 terminal?
Don't really know how close Aerocity is in terms of distance, but it is better to go to T3, as DIAL operates a free shuttle bus service between T3 and T1.
See Link -http://www.newdelhiairport.in/terminal-transfers.aspx

To go to Aerocity, one will have hire a taxi and taxi drivers may not be to willing to travel such a small distance also that adds to the total cost of transit.

Further time saved travelling directly to Aerocity is IMO negligible.

It is just a better option to travel to T3 on the Shuttle and catch the Metro.
Old 3rd October 2011, 15:31   #32
Senior - BHPian

The last time I went - there was no shuttle service.
There was an A/C DTC bus and the fare was Rs20 (don't remember the actual figure) for T3 to T1
Old 9th October 2011, 13:49   #33
BHPian

Hi all. Thank you very much for your help provided. This made my travel through delhi a breeze. Currently I am on airport waiting for my flight back to pune. And yeah loved the delhi metro.
Old 26th April 2012, 16:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

Reviving an old thread with some Queries on the Delhi Airport metro express to New Delhi railway station :

- While landing at T3, is it integrated or do you have to walk to the Metro terminal, distance specifically if you have a family + related luggage.

- Similarly at N.D railway station, is it integrated or do you have to cross roads and walk across?.

If its not integrated, can your airport trolley drop you on the metro line ? and similarly do you get porters to carry the luggage at the railway station end of the metro line into the railway station and vice versa ?

Last edited by dadu : 26th April 2012 at 16:55.
Old 26th April 2012, 17:28   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Reviving an old thread with some Queries on the Delhi Airport metro express to New Delhi railway station :

- While landing at T3, is it integrated or do you have to walk to the Metro terminal, distance specifically if you have a family + related luggage.

Yes, the delhi metro (Airport Express line) is integrated with T3 terminal

Quote:

The station is located opposite to arrival of terminal 3 of IGI Airport near pillar No 9&10. You can also reach at the arrivals of terminal 3 through the subway joining the station with arrival gate No.2&4. Passengers may pick up a baggage trolley from the arrival hall of T3 terminal and conveniently walk inside the IGI station.

Source: Reliance Metro
Quote:
- Similarly at N.D railway station, is it integrated or do you have to cross roads and walk across?.

If its not integrated, can your airport trolley drop you on the metro line ? and similarly do you get porters to carry the luggage at the railway station end of the metro line into the railway station and vice versa ?
You have to come out of the New Delhi Metro Station and then walk towards New Delhi railway Station entry passing through parking / taxi lane. To reach your specific platform you need to use the foot over bridge of Indian Railways after getting your baggage scanned. Expect heavy rush on the scanners. Be careful about all your luggage at all the times as soon as you come out of the New Delhi Metro Station.

You can use escalators at both the places i.e. coming out from underground metro station and to climb up to the foot over bridge (no proper indication at the entry) of New Delhi Rly Stn.

You can use trolly at the airport while taking airport express for N. D. Rly Stn. No option of trolley or porter at New Delhi Metro Station. Come out of it via escalators and you will get porters to take you to the designated platform. Quote the 1/3rd of the fee as demanded by the porter and you shall agree in the 1/2 of his actual demand.

All the best for your journey!

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 26th April 2012 at 17:30.
Irish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 17:56   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Its really convenient to use the metro at both places, especially so if you want to use the Airport line at NDLS. The normal one is a little too crowded. The walk to the Airport line station from the ND railway station is about 400-500 m tops.

By the way, the fare would be about 80-100 bucks per person, so a can might turn out to be almost the same.
Old 9th April 2013, 13:21   #37
BANNED

Goa airport transfer, help required?

Hi Members,

I am flying to Goa this Thursday with my wife. This is my first time to Goa airport. Last time was some 10 years back when I was a bachelor and traveled by train.

I came to know that Dabolim airport is some 50 kilometer away from City center (Candolim, Baga etc). I need information on transport from airport to Candolim (Bus/Taxi etc.).

Hotel quotes one way transfer some 1200/- + tax. Makemytrip quotes non-a/c Indica 2500/- + tax . Search on internet doesn't yield any proper result.

Please help with any information on taxi / bus from Goa airport with reasonable rates.

Dear Moderators, I have tried searching under Street and Travel Experiences and Commercial vehicle threads, but could not find any post related to Goa airport transport. Please merge in any existing thread if I missed them.
Old 9th April 2013, 15:03   #38
BHPian

Re: Goa airport transfer, help required?

Goa taxi union is very strong and they have fixed prices. The prepaid taxi at the Airport is the only option apart from booking from hotel for pickup or travel sites.

The taxi counter at the airport has fixed amount to destination/hotel.

I last took a flight to Goa on Mar 2010 and had taken a taxi from airport to Club Mahindra, Varca and it had costed me around 600 if I recollect it properly...
prabingade is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 15:51   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Goa airport is in a way middle of North Goa and South Goa.

South Goa being much closer from the Dabolim Airport.

North Goa is around 50kms from the airport and if you do the rough math of Rs.15 per km, it should cost your around Rs.750 at the minimum

So my suggestion would be to step out the airport and negotiate with an invididual taxi.

I remember paying Rs.600 for a Maruti Van in 2010 uptill Calangute. Now with prices increasing, it shouldnt be more than Rs.800 for small vehicle ( M800 or Indica)

Yeah, airport transfers in Goa is expensive considering the location of the airport which is in middle of nowhere ( closer to Bagmola Beach and Vasco City where nobody visits)
Old 9th April 2013, 16:09   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
North Goa is around 50kms from the airport and if you do the rough math of Rs.15 per km, it should cost your around Rs.750 at the minimum
As per the Tourism Dept. website of Govt. of Goa,

Quote:
Taxis: (for both white-colored tourist taxis as well as yellow tops)
A flat rate of Rs 8 per km. For one-way journey outside the municipal limits, there is a 50 percent extra charge.
Considering the distance (read around 50 KMs), the taxi fare should not be more than Rs 600/-.

I found an link in a forum in trip adviser, which has a photo of the rate display chart of prepaid taxi. As per this, Calangute is some 43 KM away and the charges for non A/C taxi is Rs 903/-. If this is the Govt. regulated price, why should we blame the taxi union.

At least considering the number of foreign tourist visiting Goa every year, Govt. should have put some Volvo to top beaches or at-least till Panaji and a proper airport taxi service. While we promote Indian hospitality worldwide, it felt so ashamed reading through the comments on forum like trip adviser regarding Goa airport and the airport transport.
Old 9th April 2013, 16:53   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
I found an link in a forum in trip adviser, which has a photo of the rate display chart of prepaid taxi. As per this, Calangute is some 43 KM away and the charges for non A/C taxi is Rs 903/-. If this is the Govt. regulated price, why should we blame the taxi union.
Well the taxi rates are inline with all other towns and cities in India where there are no radio cabs in service(its the same even with a radio cab in service in Hyderabad,I end up paying INR 950 for a distance of 48kms!!) and where there are no metered taxi services.A normal taxi operator charges you up and down rate irrespective of whether it is a drop or a pickup only and the same applies to these taxis in Goa as well.North Goa to airport is close to 900rs from the airport (calculated at roughly 10rs a km,which translates to 90kms two way).

My advise would be for you to negotiate with your hotel for a pickup and a drop to the airport,else if you are looking at a budget means of transport,then you could step out of the airport and the bus stop is right there,take a city bus to Panjim and from there another bus to wherever you would want to go.Buses are very frequent and run almost every 2-5minutes.There is also a Kadamba State Road Transport Corporation bus that runs non stop between the airport and Panjim bus stand,I am not sure of the timings though,you could call up Kadamba and enquire 0832-2415606/2415901
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 17:02   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
My advise would be for you to negotiate with your hotel for a pickup and a drop to the airport,else if you are looking at a budget means of transport,then you could step out of the airport and the bus stop is right there,take a city bus to Panjim and from there another bus to wherever you would want to go.Buses are very frequent and run almost every 2-5minutes.There is also a Kadamba State Road Transport Corporation bus that runs non stop between the airport and Panjim bus stand,I am not sure of the timings though,you could call up Kadamba and enquire 0832-2415606/2415901
Thank you very much ranjitp1. I will definitely try to negotiate with the hotel guys to make out something which would be acceptable to both party. I will also try to call the number provided by you for Kadamba services.
Old 9th April 2013, 17:17   #43
BHPian

Hi Petrol Rider,

You can check out the Dabolim airport taxi fares here http://feni-and-amok.blogspot.in/201...-dec-2011.html

I was there a couple of months ago and travelled from Dabolim to Candolim. It cost me around 1000 bucks in a non-ac Indica. You may need to use the airport taxis or check with your hotel, if they can arrange airport transfers. Airport taxis are safe and convenient, public transport to Panjim can be availed from just outside the airport also.
amit.mishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 19:21   #44
Team-BHP Support

A simple option can be to just step out of the airport and watch the taxi drivers jostle over who gets to ferry you.

Hotel transfers will be expensive; these taxi drivers are open to negotiation.
Old 10th April 2013, 11:07   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.mishra View Post
Hi Petrol Rider,

You can check out the Dabolim airport taxi fares here http://feni-and-amok.blogspot.in/201...-dec-2011.html

I was there a couple of months ago and travelled from Dabolim to Candolim. It cost me around 1000 bucks in a non-ac Indica. You may need to use the airport taxis or check with your hotel, if they can arrange airport transfers. Airport taxis are safe and convenient, public transport to Panjim can be availed from just outside the airport also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
A simple option can be to just step out of the airport and watch the taxi drivers jostle over who gets to ferry you.

Hotel transfers will be expensive; these taxi drivers are open to negotiation.
Thank you everybody for your help. It seems I have to sell out something around 1000 buck on Taxi or travel by bus. Let me see how things are turning out tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks