Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2013, 23:01   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Airport Transfer" Thread

I have a query on the transit in Mumbai Airport.

I reach Mumbai airport at night 10pm, and my connection out of India is at early morning 6AM. That's a 8 hours overlay. Never transited via Mumbai and hence would like to know if they have any transit hotel or lounge. I will be with my family (kids @ 11yrs & 6yrs), so little worried to spend the time just in terminal.

Is there an option? Thanks.
Old 2nd August 2013, 05:55   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I have a query on the transit in Mumbai Airport.

I reach Mumbai airport at night 10pm, and my connection out of India is at early morning 6AM. That's a 8 hours overlay. Never transited via Mumbai and hence would like to know if they have any transit hotel or lounge. I will be with my family (kids @ 11yrs & 6yrs), so little worried to spend the time just in terminal.

Is there an option? Thanks.
I am assuming you are flying domestic which means you would arrive at the Santacruz domestic terminal(unless you are flying one of air india flights which at times land at intl terminal).If its the domestic terminal,as you enter the terminal bldg you would see boards saying international transfer.Go there and take those buses as those buses travel via the runway to the intl terminal,so no traffic jams.

At the international no transit hotels or anything of that sort.there are no flat recliner chAirs either.So you dont have an option other than to wait it out in the terminal bldg,neither do you have time to take up a hotel either in sahar or in santacruZ.for the 6am flight,checkin closes at 5am and checkin begins at 3.There is pretty much nothing to do in the airport as well.If you are a lounge member then you can use any of the airline lounges
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 10:20   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
I am assuming you are flying domestic which means you would arrive at the Santacruz domestic terminal(unless you are flying one of air india flights which at times land at intl terminal)
Actually, I arrive Air India, and take an international flight. So, if I understand its going to be sleep in airport. :(

I have access to lounges in Chennai airports with those Mastercard, not sure if they have similar ones in Mumbai.

Anyway, thanks for the input.
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:39   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually, I arrive Air India, and take an international flight. So, if I understand its going to be sleep in airport. :(

I have access to lounges in Chennai airports with those Mastercard, not sure if they have similar ones in Mumbai.

Please check with Air India which airport are you arriving into-Sahar or Santacruz.Air India departing and arriving passengers forever go through this confusion at Mumbai as to which airport is it from.

The Sahar airport has AI,EK,BA,LH lounges only.Also be prepared for your 10pm flight to land slightly late thanks to runway works and heavy night time air congestion(atleast thats the norm in Mumbai and Delhi which share domestic and intl runways)
Old 2nd August 2013, 13:26   #50
BHPian

Quote:

At Mumbai Airport there is 'Clipper' lounge on mezzanine floor (Terminal 2B) which provides access to mastercard.

Besides, they have recliners in many lounges after immigration but before the security check.

have a safe flight.
CANPUSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 23:38   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Please check with Air India which airport are you arriving into-Sahar or Santacruz.Air India departing and arriving passengers forever go through this confusion at Mumbai as to which airport is it from.
Just noticed. Ticjet says landing at Chatrapati Shivaji Domestic Terminal 1A. But the connecting flight is obvoiously in Intl Terminal 2. Hope it not going to be a havoc moving from one to the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
At Mumbai Airport there is 'Clipper' lounge on mezzanine floor (Terminal 2B) which provides access to mastercard.

Besides, they have recliners in many lounges after immigration but before the security check..
Thanks Guys for the lead. I will check.

Last edited by mjothi : 6th August 2013 at 23:41.
Old 7th August 2013, 05:47   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Just noticed. Ticjet says landing at Chatrapati Shivaji Domestic Terminal 1A. But the connecting flight is obvoiously in Intl Terminal 2. Hope it not going to be a havoc moving from one to the other.

Thanks Guys for the lead. I will check.
Terminal 1A is the Air India exclusive domestic terminal at santacruz.Take the shuttle bus to the international airport.you will boards to it near the luggage belt.its convenient as it goes via the airside and not via the normal roads outside of the airport.
Old 15th April 2014, 01:49   #53
AMP

Re: Airport terminal 1D to Old Delhi Station

Hi All,

I am reaching Delhi terminal 1D at 21:00 on saturday and have to catch train from old delhi station at 23:40. Please advise if I have sufficient time to transit from airport to old delhi station and what would be the safe and quick medium to travel.

I have read previous posts but those are old so wanted to know does the advised route is still holds good- taking shuttle from terminal 1D to T3 and then catch airport express for New Delhi station. From New Delhi station change metro to yellow line and get off Chandni Chowk station.

Please also let me know if it is advisable to walk to old delhi station from Chandni chowk metro station at night?
Old 28th December 2016, 11:29   #54
BHPian

Guys need help - My wife is travelling along to Goa and for the first time. She will land in Goa airport and then has to go to Pilar in Goa. What is the best option? Taxi from airport? Is it safe? Is it possible to pre-book taxis online?. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 28th December 2016, 11:41   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Guys need help - My wife is travelling along to Goa and for the first time. She will land in Goa airport and then has to go to Pilar in Goa. What is the best option? Taxi from airport? Is it safe? Is it possible to pre-book taxis online?. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pls call Shivkumar +91 90493 73278. He's known to our family since many years and we always rent a car from him when in Goa.
blackwasp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 11:56   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Yes prepaid taxis are available at Goa Airport,no online booking available.The rates are about INR 27/km for A/c and INR 25/km for Non-A/c,35% extra between 11pm and 6am.

Picture Courtesy: http://feni-and-amok.blogspot.in/

The "Airport Transfer" Thread-capture.jpg

The "Airport Transfer" Thread-capture2.jpg
ranjitp1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2018, 11:11   #57
BHPian

Is the free transfer between Mumbai international Airport and domestic terminal still there?

Earlier on showing onward connection ticket from Domestic airport, one could avail free transfer in coach service from International arrivals arranged by the airport operator. Do not know what is current status.
Old 1st September 2018, 11:58   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Is the free transfer between Mumbai international Airport and domestic terminal still there?

Earlier on showing onward connection ticket from Domestic airport, one could avail free transfer in coach service from International arrivals arranged by the airport operator. Do not know what is current status.
The shuttle service was there a couple of months back, when I traveled on an a Jet/Air France flight code share.
Old 31st October 2019, 13:37   #59
BHPian

Has anyone tried booking cabs on makemytrip for GOA airport to hotel transfer? Makemytrip shows Rs. 951 as the all inclusive fare from the airport to the hotel (4/6 seater AC cab) which is approximately 29 km away. Will this involve any surprises such as non-availability of cabs, or fare disputes? How much would a similar trip cost in a prepaid taxi from the airport (I guess there would be some prepaid counter at the airport), and how much would the wait times be at 10:30 PM on Friday?

Last edited by KL01toKA03 : 31st October 2019 at 13:57.
Old 31st October 2019, 13:55   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
Has anyone tried booking cabs on makemytrip for airport to hotel transfer? Makemytrip shows Rs. 951 as the all inclusive fare from the airport to the hotel (4/6 seater AC cab) which is approximately 29 km away. Will this involve any surprises such as non-availability of cabs, or fare disputes? How much would a similar trip cost in a prepaid taxi from the airport (I guess there would be some prepaid counter at the airport), and how much would the wait times be at 10:30 PM on Friday?
Which airport and which hotel? Visit their websites or call either of them and ask for the inhouse cab agency numbers. State your destination and time and get an indicative rate. Plus compare with Google Maps, Uber, Ola and see the same.

Most Viewed