Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2019, 14:01   #61
BHPian

Re: The "Airport Transfer" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Which airport and which hotel? Visit their websites or call either of them and ask for the inhouse cab agency numbers. State your destination and time and get an indicative rate. Plus compare with Google Maps, Uber, Ola and see the same.
Sorry for missing the most important part of the question. The query was for Goa airport. I couldn't find too much info online, and the hotel said that the taxis at the airport would be cheaper than taxis arranged by the hotel.

My questions are:

1. Is booking cabs using Makemytrip reliable in Goa?
2. How are the wait times and rates compared to the prepaid counter at the airport?
Old 31st October 2019, 15:45   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Never tried MMT Cabs so I'll let actual users guide you.

I travel to Goa on work regularly and find the prepaid airport cabs reasonably priced, well driven and clean. I'd go for them.

Keep in mind that there is no Uber or Ola available and the Goamiles service is iffy especially from Dabolim airport.
Old 23rd December 2020, 17:59   #63
BHPian

Can anyone help me here?

I have a friend coming from US this friday and I have to meet him at airport. He will be continuing his journey to Pune from there by himself but he is getting a few things for me so I need to get those.
My brother is going to drive me to airport and tells me he will leave me in international departure area and I have to somehow walk to international arrivals and then after getting the stuff, I have to come back to departure so he will come back to pick me up.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible for me to do that? He told me that going into arrival directly will incur some payment, not sure where as he is not going to park the car in arrivals anywhere. He will just go to highway and return back when I call.

Can anyone tell me how I can make this work?

Edit: If he plans to take a cab / taxi etc to Pune from there, I am guessing he won't be coming from arrivals or he will go to Level 1 for ground transportation?

Last edited by raksrules : 23rd December 2020 at 18:04.
Old 23rd December 2020, 18:04   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I have a friend coming from US this friday and I have to meet him at airport. He will be continuing his journey to Pune from there by himself but he is getting a few things for me so I need to get those
Do you mean, he is flying onward from Pune? Does he have one itinerary from US - Pune - wherever he is going? If it is a domestic transfer, he might not be allowed to exit the terminal and be directed from Int'l Arrival to Domestic Departure within the airport. Do check.

Quote:
Can anyone tell me if it is possible for me to do that? He told me that going into arrival directly will incur some payment, not sure where as he is not going to park the car in arrivals anywhere. He will just go to highway and return back when I call.
Pune airport is ridiculously small; there is a very nominal (I think <100) payment on staying in the airport premises for more than 5 or 15min. Which is why some people get in saying they have to drop someone (since going in for Arrivals is charged). I may be wrong, rules keep changing every now and then. In any case, main road to the Arrival or Departure terminal won't take you more than 5min walking.
Old 23rd December 2020, 18:17   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Do you mean, he is flying onward from Pune? Does he have one itinerary from US - Pune - wherever he is going? If it is a domestic transfer, he might not be allowed to exit the terminal and be directed from Int'l Arrival to Domestic Departure within the airport. Do check.

Pune airport is ridiculously small; there is a very nominal (I think <100) payment on staying in the airport premises for more than 5 or 15min. Which is why some people get in saying they have to drop someone (since going in for Arrivals is charged). I may be wrong, rules keep changing every now and then. In any case, main road to the Arrival or Departure terminal won't take you more than 5min walking.

Sorry I didn't frame it properly. He is coming from US to India, direct flight, EWR-BOM United. He is going to travel Pune in taxi / cab etc by road after exiting Mumbai airport. I have to meet him at Mumbai airport T2 terminal where he will exit.
I am confused where he will exit, where arrivals usually happen, where all small restaurants are there and people stand outside waiting for their loved ones, or is there any other floor / exit where he has to go for Taxi?

If the rates of parking are not ridiculous, we may even park it there.

Edit: I read a few things online and I guess my brother can drop me off but then he won't be able to come alone in departure area as he will be alone in car driving. There would be no "passenger". I am guessing best way would be to park car in airport premises and pay up.
I see there is general and premium parking at T2. What is the difference?

Last edited by raksrules : 23rd December 2020 at 18:35.
Old 10th October 2021, 11:44   #66
BANNED

Hey Folks,
I have a 1hop flight from BLR to HYD to PortBlair coming up. The flight lands at HYD at 2310 hrs with a 7h50m layover. And I think the HYD leg of the flight starts @ 0720am. Where can I stay at HYD for a cheap sound sleep without catching a cab or paying more than a 100 bucks taxi fare?

PS - why do all google results show flight 6E 6305 as CCU-Guwahati mistakenly?
Old 10th October 2021, 13:55   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Hey Folks,
I have a 1hop flight from BLR to HYD to PortBlair coming up. The flight lands at HYD at 2310 hrs with a 7h50m layover. And I think the HYD leg of the flight starts @ 0720am. Where can I stay at HYD for a cheap sound sleep without catching a cab or paying more than a 100 bucks taxi fare?

PS - why do all google results show flight 6E 6305 as CCU-Guwahati mistakenly?
https://www.hyderabad.aero/pdf/PACKAGES.pdf
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 12:04   #68
BHPian

Does the Delhi airport metro line permit passengers carrying an amount of baggage usually permitted on international flights? (ie two 23 kg bags to be checked in and two cabin bags per passenger)

If I arrive at the ND Railway station and want to take the express line connecting the railway station to T3, will I be permitted with the above number of bags? Will they pass through the scanners and are there luggage carrying strolleys available at the metro station?

Pls note that the international flight is not an Air India/Vistara one so I guess baggage check in at the metro at New delhi station is not an option.

thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 12:40   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Does the Delhi airport metro line permit passengers carrying an amount of baggage
This was some 4 years back, so not sure if any restrictions later. Had carried big size luggage's in airport line, there was no issues. Yes, the usual X ray scanning is there, that's it.
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 14:09   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
This was some 4 years back, so not sure if any restrictions later. Had carried big size luggage's in airport line, there was no issues. Yes, the usual X ray scanning is there, that's it.
Thanks buddy, did you take the airport line from T3 to Delhi railway station? How far is the metro station from T3 and then from the metro at railway side to the railway station itself?
Old 21st February 2022, 16:43   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
did you take the airport line from T3 to Delhi railway station?
Yes, the T3 station is right inside the airport. Also, the New Delhi station/ changeover station is also right next to the station IR station. Just that when I went, it was crowded there, so do keep some 10-15 mins buffer for finishing off security check.
Old 8th February 2023, 01:09   #72
BHPian

I have to transit via Mumbai Airport to get my international connection. The incoming and connecting are both from T2. Is there a separate passport control and security check for transiting passengers like in Delhi or would I be rerouted to the regular serpentine ones. Also what time should I account for a mid morning transit.
Old 8th February 2023, 02:38   #73
BHPian

A recent report on connecting flights from Mumbai. Disclaimer: Google search result.

https://simpleflying.com/mumbai-airp...nnection-time/

Please pay special attention to the para on 'through' baggage.

Not connected in post-covid world, but this write-up is from October 2022.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by mygodbole : 8th February 2023 at 02:40. Reason: Additional suggestion
mygodbole is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 10:28   #74
BHPian

Thanks, my ticket is a single PNR, so am not worried about through checkin of my baggage. I was primarily hoping for a separate passport control and security check lane for airside transit like it’s in Delhi. They tend to be less congested than the regular ones.

Last edited by SR-71 : 8th February 2023 at 10:30.
Old 9th March 2023, 09:29   #75
BHPian

Travel experts kindly assist. I am travelling from Bangalore to Kathmandu, by Air India, Bangalore 7.25 am to Delhi 10.25am, Delhi 1240pm is the connecting flight..
1.Is the time enough for transfer?
2.Can we check-in the luggage at Bangalore airport?
3.Any tips and tricks to follow in Delhi Airport?

Last edited by aadya : 9th March 2023 at 09:36. Reason: typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks