Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2008, 09:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava_sr View Post

Starting on 24th Monday at 8PM from Hosur-Guruvayur -chottanikara-Shabarimalai-Kanyakumari (need to reach Kanyakumari by 26th evening to watch Sunset and 27th sunrise) - Rameshawaram - Tiruchandur - Madurai - Palani - Hosur

Thats the plan currently decided, Now friends please help me with the Route details, I want to know which place comes first so that Iam saving on time and fuel. I need to come back to hosur on 29th Evening.
Iam not sure if we can cover all Eight places in four days ????
Routing should be as follows:
Sabarimala-Kottarakara-Trivandrum-Nagercoil-Kanyakumari-Tiruchendur-Tuticorin-Vembar-Sikkal-Ramanathapuram-Rameswaram-Ramanthapuram-Madurai-Dindigul-SEmbatti-Ottanchatram-Palani-Dharapuram-Gangeyam-Perunthurai-Bhavani-Toppur-Dharmapuri-Krishnagiri-Hosur.

I will work out the detailed distances and revert over the weekend - my log books have details of these routes.

For sake of time planning, budget for a drive of 6-7 hours from Sabari to Kanyakumari, 2 from there to Tiruchendur, 6 to Rameswaram, 5 to Madurai, 3 to Palani and 6-7 hours to Hosur.

Please note that the Trivandrum-Kanyakumari corridor is very congested, the Tuticorin-Ramanathapuram road is a disaster and NH49 between Ramanathapuram and Madurai has also developed bad sections.

From Sabari, you can cover all thes eplaces in 4 days.

I will still recommend a different route:

Sabari-Adoor-Kulathupuzha temple-Aryankavu Temple-Schencottah-Tenkasi-Tirunelveli-Kanyakumari and thereon.
Old 19th November 2008, 23:46   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava_sr View Post
Starting on 24th Monday at 8PM from Hosur-Guruvayur -chottanikara-Shabarimalai-Kanyakumari (need to reach Kanyakumari by 26th evening to watch Sunset and 27th sunrise)
Are you being a bit too ambitious here?

24th late evening start = 25th early morning arrival at Guruvayoor.

You start from GVR by 25th late morning 10-ish; reach S'malai by 9 PM'ish. Start the climb early morning (after 2AM on 26th); get darshan by 8AM; reach back by 14.00 Hours.

Please allow at least 12 hours for the Sabaramalai darshan. The climb is very steep - (how does climbing 3 meters for every 2 meters horizontal distance covered sound?) I sincerely suggest you stop for a breath every 10 minutes. Stories of people suffering cardiac problems during the climb are too common.

One night drive; next day driving from Gvr to S'malai, and that night climbing the hills and queue. You will be dead out to drive down to Kanyakumari from S'malai. Like HVK pointed out, drive from Thiruvananthapuram to Kanyakumari is going to be very tiring; we took 4 hours to cover that distance.

Unless you have a driver who rests while you are in the temple / climbing.
Old 20th November 2008, 01:54   #18
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestion Backseatdriver.
HVKumar - I will have access to T-bhp site only till 22nd 7AM, so please check with your log books and give me more info on Routes.
Old 6th November 2009, 10:54   #19

Hi BHPians, Can anyone guide me for the best route from Bangalore to Sabarimala. Planning to start travel on 19th Nov'09 night by Scorpio in all 6 of us. Also would appreciate if you can help me with other places of interest we can cover once sabarimala darshan is done. Planning to be back in Bangalore on Sunday evening so that we have good rest and start fresh at office on Monday
Old 6th November 2009, 11:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

The best route for is to take the Bangalore - Krishnagiri - Salem - Namakkal - Dindigul - Theni - Kumali - Peermede - Erumeli - Nilakkal - Pampa. The roads are good all the way. Since it would be crowded I don't know where you would have to park your car.

I don't know if the Mount Estate route would be open in which case you could take one of the jeeps locally at Vadiperiyar after parking your Scorpio and trek down to Sannidhanam directly.
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:41   #21

Sabarimala Trip 19th Eve to 22nd of Nov'09

Hi fellow BHPians, Thanks for all your postings and replies to my quries we had a fantastic trip to Sabarimala & Guruvayoor. Left Bangalore on the 19th evening at 1800hrs and were back from Guruvayoor on the 22nd early morning.

I will share with you the routes taken and also post some of the pics very soon.

As suggested by 'pypkmsrikanth' we took Bangalore - Krishnagiri - Salem - Namakkal - Dindigul - Theni - Kumily - Peermede - Erumeli - Nilakkal - Pampa. Roads are ultimate till Pampa and there is not a single stretch with bad roads.

More to follow.

Cheers!
Old 4th March 2015, 19:47   #22
BHPian

Re: Route Help Required Hosur to Shabarimalai

Guys, just bumping up this thread for help. My friend and I are looking to drive to Sabarimala in the last week of this month. Please let me know whats the best route to take from BAngalore - Sabarimala. If we decide to drive, it will be in my friend's Brio. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 4th March 2015, 20:37   #23
Team-BHP Support

Re: Route Help Required Hosur to Shabarimalai

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
Guys, just bumping up this thread for help. My friend and I are looking to drive to Sabarimala in the last week of this month. Please let me know whats the best route to take from BAngalore - Sabarimala. If we decide to drive, it will be in my friend's Brio. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The route is :

Banaglore-Salem-Dindigul-Theni-Kumily-MUndakayam-Erumeli-Pamba.

Very good roads till Theni. Beyond its the usual KL traffic.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks