Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2008, 12:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful Nova Scotia (The Western Route)

First and Foremost, Nova Scotia is C.O.L.D! As in, REALLLY cold. The best times to travel around here is the Fall season. And thats when its just Godlike heavenly beautiful!
I started off from Wolfville, drove to Halifax which is like the capital city. Took the Western route - The Sunrise Trail and drove across Kejimkujik National Park, Bay of Fundy, Peggy's Cove, Lunenburg, and the lighthouse route. Along with whale watching and relaxing smaller drives I had a filled up a week with great photos and breathtaking scenery.
Check the map for more details. Rent a car from Avis, Enterprise or National and get a compact or midsize sedan (Easy on gas).
Remember, an inch on the map along the coast can take longer than expected!
Old 16th November 2008, 12:36   #2
BHPian

I will be in Halifax for 3 days during the first week of January to attend an event at the Dalhousie University. Any tips on places to visit during this short interval? As per the program schedule we received, we have 4 hours breaks after lunch to roam around the city and the outskirts.
Old 17th November 2008, 12:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Halifax has a nice port called the Pier 21 - that would be a good visit. Apart from that, there's the downtown Halifax where you could engage in some shopping, visit the St. Mary's Basilica, go in for the good old Canadian Beer - "Keith's" Brewery Tour, visit Peggy's cove and the Bay of Fundy (this one could be a short drive from the main city), visit Wolfville and Acadia University (that's where I graduated from ) and chill out at some local pubs downtown.
You can always Google Halifax,NS and get more information on Things to do and Where to eat, stay and hangout while you're out there.
Have a safe trip and stay warm

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodelg View Post
I will be in Halifax for 3 days during the first week of January to attend an event at the Dalhousie University. Any tips on places to visit during this short interval? As per the program schedule we received, we have 4 hours breaks after lunch to roam around the city and the outskirts.

Most Viewed