Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2009, 16:01   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul View Post
Just got back from Bangalore-Kannur-Guruvayoor-Bangalore.

If you are looking for a safe/smooth way to Guruwayoor, try this.

Bangalore - Hosur -Salem -Coimbatore - Trisshur - Guruvayoor.

I returned thru this way. Left Guruvayoor at 6 AM. Reached Bangalore at 4:30 PM. The roads are EXCELLENT <esp between Hosur-Coimbatore>. I was able to hit 140 on my Santro <never found good enuf roads to do that till date >

The roads in Kerala are..well...mediocre... but thats only a small section.

Let me know if you need any more info.

~Morgul
No I wanted to break at Mysore for the evening. Visit the temple next day before proceeding to Bangalore.
Old 27th October 2009, 19:59   #32
BHPian

@ampere:
May be you look for my travelogue if it helps.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ft-diesel.html

I had covered BLR - PALANI - GVR - BLR.
Old 27th October 2009, 20:04   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
@ampere:
May be you look for my travelogue if it helps.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ft-diesel.html

I had covered BLR - PALANI - GVR - BLR.
@blackstallion76, In fact it was your travelogue, which got me into thinking option!

I plan to go Munnar/Kumarakom. While returning I wanted to meet some relatives in Thrissur. Thats when I realized, having so far, it would be a good idea to go to Guruvayoor. Once you are there, coming to Bangalore via Salem does not make sense. Thats when I saw your post on the Palani travel!
Old 28th October 2009, 12:02   #34
BHPian

@ampere:
Thats nice to hear. If you are going to GVR, please ask for early darshan from any of the hotels you stay. They will arrange for you. I stayed in Poornima Tourist Home (East Nada). Very near to temple. There are lots of other hotels around.

If on weekend, please go to darshan early at 4-5am. Being there at 6am is also little late. For me, it took 3hrs to complete the darshan. No special tickets.

Also, I missed to visit Elephant Sanctury and beach due to time constraint. Please make a point to visit them.

Even i decided to take the gudalur route to avoid the detour to Salem again.
Actually, I was planning to take the Mettupalyam-Ooty road. Dropped later.

The road condition from GVR to Gudalur is 70% good. There were some patch roads near pattambi, manjeri bypass and before Nilambur. After Nilambur, roads are extremely curvy and beauty to drive. Do not worry much. Very scenic drive.

Enjoy safe driving!!
Old 28th October 2009, 13:59   #35
Team-BHP Support

Thanks! I have seen both the beach and the Elephant camp.
Not sure if I would be able to visit them this time. The hotel reminder thing is a very good idea. Thanks for that. Its on a week day when I would be there. Hence I hope there wont be much rush (I cannot say "there wont be any rush !) If I can finish darshan at 5-6, I should be on the road by 8 at most. So by afternoon I should be able to reach Mysore.
Old 2nd November 2009, 22:30   #36
BHPian

Trip to guruvayoor on 14

Hello guys,

I am planning a trip to Guruvayoor on 14-Nov.. Whats the weather update..?
I have decided upon the gudalur route via mysore...
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancersfx View Post
Hello guys,

I am planning a trip to Guruvayoor on 14-Nov.. Whats the weather update..?
I have decided upon the gudalur route via mysore...
pretty warm.around 28-30degrees,the usual Kerala climate and humid as well.

The NH7-47 is my referred route for driving ease and facilities
Old 15th November 2009, 20:48   #38
Team-BHP Support

Just to know, if one wants to come back from Guruvayur to Coimbattore, do you still need to touch Thrichur, or is there an alternative route?
Old 16th November 2009, 21:27   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Just to know, if one wants to come back from Guruvayur to Coimbattore, do you still need to touch Thrichur, or is there an alternative route?
Hi Ampere,

In order to get back to CBE you needn't touch Trichur, you can take the following route:
Guruvayur - Kunnamkulam-Pattambi - Shornur - Ottapalam - Palakkad-CBE.

The road is ok until Ottapalam and then it widens up after that. Ottapalam - Palakkad is real good road. Palakkad - CBE is also good but has a lot of traffic.

Cheers,
Varun

Mod's Note: What is the point of posting the same thing twice or thrice? Please wait for your original post to get approved rather than making the same post multiple times.
Old 17th November 2009, 10:54   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarunM View Post
Hi Ampere,

In order to get back to CBE you needn't touch Trichur, you can take the following route:
Guruvayur - Kunnamkulam-Pattambi - Shornur - Ottapalam - Palakkad-CBE.

The road is ok until Ottapalam and then it widens up after that. Ottapalam - Palakkad is real good road. Palakkad - CBE is also good but has a lot of traffic.

Cheers,
Varun
Varun,

Thanks. This means that the road till Pattambi is common. Its from here one can fork either towards Mysore or towards CBE.
Also is there a bypass road for Palghat which takes you to NH47?

Last edited by ampere : 17th November 2009 at 11:00.
Old 17th November 2009, 12:35   #41
BHPian

road condition after the recent rains?

Hi all,

Planning a trip BLR - Guruvayoor - Kumarokom - Chettikulankkara.. Any idea on the road condition after the recent rains? And also do I need to touch Salem to go to Bhavani?

regards,
Sunil
Old 17th November 2009, 19:00   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Varun,

Thanks. This means that the road till Pattambi is common. Its from here one can fork either towards Mysore or towards CBE.
Hi Ampere,

Yes at Pattambi, you will find the deviation to Palakkad, the other one heads out to Perinthalmanna through which you can take the Mysore route. After you take the deviation at Pattambi , its easy to follow.

I dont know of any bypass at Palakkad. However, I remember the road connecting to NH47 (coming from Thrisshur) was a narrow one.

Maybe you can check with some guys from Thrisshur or Palakkad.

One more thing you need to bear in mind is that after Kunnamkulam, at a particular point you have to take a narrow road to the right to go to Pattambi while the main (wider) road goes on to the left. I cant recollect a sign board there, so its easy to miss out.

-Varun
Old 17th November 2009, 20:05   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarunM View Post
Hi Ampere,

Yes at Pattambi, you will find the deviation to Palakkad, the other one heads out to Perinthalmanna through which you can take the Mysore route. After you take the deviation at Pattambi , its easy to follow.

I dont know of any bypass at Palakkad. However, I remember the road connecting to NH47 (coming from Thrisshur) was a narrow one.

Maybe you can check with some guys from Thrisshur or Palakkad.

One more thing you need to bear in mind is that after Kunnamkulam, at a particular point you have to take a narrow road to the right to go to Pattambi while the main (wider) road goes on to the left. I cant recollect a sign board there, so its easy to miss out.

-Varun
Hey thanks for that detail. I will keep in mind. I have a satguide map. Hope, it keeps track .
At this stage my option is still open. Depending on the situation I plan to go either to Mysore or CBE.
Old 18th November 2009, 12:36   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil.nv View Post
Hi all,

Planning a trip BLR - Guruvayoor - Kumarokom - Chettikulankkara.. Any idea on the road condition after the recent rains? And also do I need to touch Salem to go to Bhavani?

regards,
Sunil
No,you dont need to touch Salem while going to Bhavani.Take a right while coming from Blr @ Thoppur towards Mettur.The road is in good condn and would directly connect you to Bhavani thereby avoiding Salem completely.Going through Salem is not reccommended due to the 4laning and flyover works that are in progress in Salem.

Quote:
Varun,

Ampere,the thrissur route would be a better option as you would be able to get onto the NH towards CBE.The Pattambi-Ottapalam section is in shambles after the rains at several points.The Kunnamkulam-Pattambi section isnt in any great shape either.Would be a good idea to stick to GVR-Thrissur-Mannuthy-NH47-PALAKKAD-CBE-L&T Bypass-Bhavani

You wouldnt touch Palakkad when you come from Thrissur.The NH47 takes you directly to the L&T road bypassing Palakkad town altogether.
Old 18th November 2009, 13:21   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
No,you dont need to touch Salem while going to Bhavani.Take a right while coming from Blr @ Thoppur towards Mettur.The road is in good condn and would directly connect you to Bhavani thereby avoiding Salem completely.Going through Salem is not reccommended due to the 4laning and flyover works that are in progress in Salem.

Ampere,the thrissur route would be a better option as you would be able to get onto the NH towards CBE.The Pattambi-Ottapalam section is in shambles after the rains at several points.The Kunnamkulam-Pattambi section isnt in any great shape either.Would be a good idea to stick to GVR-Thrissur-Mannuthy-NH47-PALAKKAD-CBE-L&T Bypass-Bhavani

You wouldnt touch Palakkad when you come from Thrissur.The NH47 takes you directly to the L&T road bypassing Palakkad town altogether.
Thanks for this update. I will plan accordingly

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks