Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2008, 14:36   #1
BHPian

Krishnagiri-Thoppur Chengampally-Perundurai

BHPians, any idea when the krishnagiri-thoppur, chengampally-perundurai four lanes will be opened ( as four lanes) for public. I heard that most of the work is compelte, but it is still working as a two lane in majority. I read somehwere ( before a year) that it will be ready by Dec of this month
Old 24th November 2008, 21:49   #2
BHPian

Hi tortoise,

I took this route 2 weeks back on a trip to Avinashi from Chennai.

The krishnagiri-Thoppur four laning is almost complete but for 1 or 2 bridges. They are allowing traffic on it. We need not enter Kaveripattinam, Dharmapuri and can proceed straight to Thoppur.

Regarding the Chengapally - Perundurai Road, its still broken in most of the places. Lots of work still pending. My guesstimate is another year to complete.
Old 24th November 2008, 21:57   #3
BHPian

After completing hosur-krishnagiri, and when you enter krishnagiri-thopur section, you wont miss a beat. The 4 laning is complete. It now takes about an hour to complete this section.

And yeah, the dreaded kaveripatinam is gone now.
Old 25th November 2008, 11:27   #4
BHPian

thank you pugram and gkrishn,

it is a big relief if we can avoid the pothole ridden roads and bottlenecks like Kaveripattanam.

the road work that was happening in perundurai was abig dampener as it mandated intermittent slow downs to change lanes and diversions. If I take the Anthiyur route, where in national highway can I join, is it Avinashi or beyond?
Old 25th November 2008, 11:32   #5
BHPian

aah..forgot to ask one more thing..do they have decent food joints ( atleast for breakfast ) anywhere along this road? Earlier, my breakfast stop used to be dharmapuri.
Old 25th November 2008, 12:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

Once you cross Krishnagiri, you won't have any joints. Hey the road is just about complete. You need to wait for sometime before anything comes up.

Best bet to go to Perunthurai is to go via Mechari - Mettur - Bhavani - Chittode - Perundurai.
Old 25th November 2008, 12:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Once you cross Krishnagiri, you won't have any joints. Hey the road is just about complete. You need to wait for sometime before anything comes up.

Best bet to go to Perunthurai is to go via Mechari - Mettur - Bhavani - Chittode - Perundurai.
Yes. i have seen couple of BP building their Ghar dhabba similar to the one in Krishnagiri. Guess, driving through this section after 6-9 months would be a pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
After completing hosur-krishnagiri, and when you enter krishnagiri-thopur section, you wont miss a beat. The 4 laning is complete. It now takes about an hour to complete this section.

That's a real good news and relief.cheers:
Old 25th November 2008, 14:23   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post

Good news to all travelling for X'mas vacation cheers:
Old 25th November 2008, 14:51   #9
BHPian

Hi csentil,

you are right. But I have been an optimist always

On joining NH47, my question was, is there a way I avoid all the road work happening till perundurai and join NH47 . I know the bhavani perundurai route and I have been using it. As the road work is still going on, I would like to avoid such stretch. How is the Antiyur, Gobi, Avinashi route. would it be better compared to the NH47 from Bhavani? Is the travelling time same or will it be more?

-tortoise
Old 26th November 2008, 15:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

If you want to miss all of that stretch and get to avinashi here's a really awesome route.

Mettur - Ammapettai - Andhiyur - Athani - Gobi - Nambiyur - Avinashi.

Its the route I take to Coimbatore all the time. This avoids all the four laning. I don't go uptil Avinashi but take a right towards Annur and then Cbe.

Ammapettai is 20 kms from Mettur on the Mettur - Bhavani stretch. Take right here towards Andiyur and then take left in Andiyur towards Athani.

Just when you cross Athani you need to take a left towards Gobi. You will drive through beautiful paddy fields and hit Gobi dead centre. Take right towards Sathy and drive for 4-5 kms. There will be a big left towards Nambiyur and Avinashi. Take this road to reach Avinashi.

Road conditions are excellent throughout. Light rough roads before you hit Gobi. TN State highways are a pleasure and I've been doing this route pretty often. Even buses like Conti and ABT take this route.

Travelling time would be the same but the drive would be more pleasurable and interesting. Almost nil traffic on these roads. Have fun.
Old 26th November 2008, 21:49   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
aah..forgot to ask one more thing..do they have decent food joints ( atleast for breakfast ) anywhere along this road? Earlier, my breakfast stop used to be dharmapuri.
Entering dharmapuri town for breakfast is the only choice for you. But if you don't bother about driving a few extra kms , you can come down on the chennai highway from the krishnagiri junction , take a U-turn and go to Hotel Tamilnadu for breakfast.
Old 15th December 2008, 16:36   #12
BHPian

I can never get over this topic

The Hindu : Tamil Nadu News : Baalu stresses unity among DPA partners

Looks like they have inaugurated this road..finally

It is supposed to be a toll road. Any ideas about the toll rates?
Old 15th December 2008, 16:59   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Entering dharmapuri town for breakfast is the only choice for you. But if you don't bother about driving a few extra kms , you can come down on the chennai highway from the krishnagiri junction , take a U-turn and go to Hotel Tamilnadu for breakfast.
@M_S:Any idea as to how far this hotel is, from the junction? I would like to try it in the next trip.
Hotel Tamilnadu, sounds like the Dept of tourism hotel?
Old 15th December 2008, 17:05   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
@M_S:Any idea as to how far this hotel is, from the junction? I would like to try it in the next trip.
Hotel Tamilnadu, sounds like the Dept of tourism hotel?
Yes it is part of the TTDC. Not very sure of the distance but it should be less than 5kms from the Krishnagiri junction.
Old 15th December 2008, 21:44   #15
BHPian

This route is not yet done. My friend went to Yerkud this weekend. I went 3 week back. Still you have to share your lane with opposite side vehicle. Be carefull.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks