Team-BHP - delhi to Bandhavgarh -- route query
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   delhi to Bandhavgarh -- route query (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/49590-delhi-bandhavgarh-route-query.html)

Could anyone please guide me the driving route from delhi to bandhavgarh and adding which roads are best avoided ... thanks in advance

This is what I got when i searched on Yahoo Maps
Yahoo! India Maps
But looking at the map I think that Del-Agra-Gwalior- Jhansi-Bandhavgarh would be a better option

Quote:

Originally Posted by kippu (Post 1067122)
Could anyone please guide me the driving route from delhi to bandhavgarh and adding which roads are best avoided ... thanks in advance

Delhi-Agra-Gwalior -Jhansi-Chattarpur - Panna - Maihar - Umaria - Bandhavgarh.

Out of this you are likely to meet some bad stretches in between Chattarpur and Panna, but i would suggest you take this route only because it is shortest and you can visit Khajuraho also enroute if you follow this route. Khajuraho is just 20 Km off the highway between chattarpur and panna. You can Visit Orchha just 16 Kms from Jhansi on the way,and then there are many other interesting places which i can suggest later if you are going to follow this route.
rp

this is what i was thinking ...any updates on these roads... thank you harjeev , your route makes sense also

delhi - agra - nh2
agra to gwalior - nh3
gwalior to satna - nh75
satna take right to maihar and then nh7 to katni
katni take left on nh78 to umaria
umaria to bandhavgarh is 20 kms

790kms

Bumping an old thread.

I am planning to travel to Bhandavgarh in December this year to meet four legged friends and pay obeisance at historical religious places.

The rough plan is as follows:I have few queries:

Quote:

Originally Posted by manchandap (Post 5636779)
Bumping an old thread.

I am planning to travel to Bhandavgarh in December this year to meet four legged friends and pay obeisance at historical religious places.

The rough plan is as follows:
  • Delhi- Jhansi/Khajuraho/Panna* (1N) - Bhandavgarh (2N) - Maihar (1N) - Panna (2N) - Shivpuri (1N) - Gwalior (1N) - Delhi
  • Total: 9Days/8 Nights
  • * Night halt, depending on the distance I can cover.
I have few queries:
  • How are road conditions from Bamitha (from where we turn for Khajuraho) to Bhandavgarh. I have driven till Khajuraho last year, so I have idea about road conditions in this stretch.
  • Will these destinations Panna/Bhandavgarh be very crowded in the first or second week of Dec. I generally book hotels after arrival, so might need a back up plan.
  • Any suggestions to fine tune this itinerary.

I did this stretch over the weekend. Roads are very good in general. Post Bomitha also roads are good for about 100-120 km (beyond which I did not go). However, there is a decent stretch after the first gate of Panna where you have a ghat section on the Vindhyas. There, space is just adequate for 2 lanes and if there are slow moving trailers in front you can be stuck.

Another major issue is cattle menace - a major problem in UP and MP. Be very careful when driving at night as buffaloes are often invisible at night. Also there may be cars / trucks coming from the other side that veer suddenly because they suddenly see a buffalo in front.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinkara (Post 5637126)
I did this stretch over the weekend. Roads are very good in general. Post Bomitha also roads are good for about 100-120 km (beyond which I did not go). However, there is a decent stretch after the first gate of Panna where you have a ghat section on the Vindhyas. There, space is just adequate for 2 lanes and if there are slow moving trailers in front you can be stuck.

Probably, the roads beyond Bomitha are single lane, without any median/divider. So, the driving becomes challenging.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinkara (Post 5637126)
Another major issue is cattle menace - a major problem in UP and MP. Be very careful when driving at night as buffaloes are often invisible at night. Also there may be cars / trucks coming from the other side that veer suddenly because they suddenly see a buffalo in front.

Right. Last time when I was there, the Jhansi - Bomitha stretch had more cows than the vehicles. By the time I reached Khajuraho, the car was ready for exterior wash due to cow dung :Frustrati.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manchandap (Post 5640461)
Probably, the roads beyond Bomitha are single lane, without any median/divider. So, the driving becomes challenging.

I would say it is more like a 3-4 lane road (1.5-2 each side) with 1 lane at least occupied by cattle.

Only the ghat section is single lane.