Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2010, 17:36   #16
BHPian

I don't know whether this will qualify for a restaurant, but it serves some delicious food that made me mention it here. This Dhaba is situated around 10km from Krishnagiri towards Bangalore. There are 3 Dhabas and a petty shop at the same place, so it is easy to identify the place, once you identify, get into the first of the 3 Dhabas. I make sure I don't miss the food here whenever I travel to Bangalore. The food here is quite delicious and served really hot. Apart from this, Hotel Tamilnadu in Krishnagiri too serves some decent vegies at a decent price. People can try that out too.
Old 22nd February 2010, 19:45   #17
BHPian

There is A2B between Hosur and Krishnagiri
Old 22nd February 2010, 20:22   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaops View Post
That is a huge premium.

I remember having lunch at Sarvana Bhavan in Chennai @ around Rs 160 per plate. Though costly but it was worth it.
I am visiting (and eating ) at Saravana Bhavan since 1984. For the first meal I had there (Usman Road, T.Nagar, Madras) I paid Rs.14/--- (Rupees fourteen).

Twenty six years later, I still prefer Saravana Bhavan (HSB) - cost is a non-issue - the only problem with this HSB in Vellore is that it is far away from the main road.
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
I am visiting (and eating ) at Saravana Bhavan since 1984. For the first meal I had there (Usman Road, T.Nagar, Madras) I paid Rs.14/--- (Rupees fourteen).

Twenty six years later, I still prefer Saravana Bhavan (HSB) - cost is a non-issue - the only problem with this HSB in Vellore is that it is far away from the main road.
OK, here's an update on the HSB prices (I went to the Vellore HSB yesterday morning).

Two Idlis: Rs.29.00
One Vada:Rs.23.00
Pongal: Rs.44.00
Ghee Roast (Dosa): Rs.105.00 (yes, Rs. one hundred and five).

All prices at the AC restaurant. Tips extra.
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hosur -- "Reliance A1 PLAZA now KAMAT"

15Kms after Hosur on the GQ towards Krishnagiri/Chennai there 'used' to be Reliance A1 PLAZA. Since the last 1 year the restaurant was closed, petrol/diesel was shut shop. Only LPG was sold, that too rarely.

Now, it looks like the private fuel operators are back in business and the fuel pump has opened shop selling all 3 fuels.

And the best part - KAMAT Lokmat chain has taken (leased) the Restaurant part of it. Its nothing fancy, but a nice place to stop by for a simple kaapi + snacks. I had a small snacks break and found the place OK.
Old 2nd March 2010, 21:53   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
15Kms after Hosur on the GQ towards Krishnagiri/Chennai there 'used' to be Reliance A1 PLAZA. Since the last 1 year the restaurant was closed, petrol/diesel was shut shop. Only LPG was sold, that too rarely.

Now, it looks like the private fuel operators are back in business and the fuel pump has opened shop selling all 3 fuels.

And the best part - KAMAT Lokmat chain has taken (leased) the Restaurant part of it. Its nothing fancy, but a nice place to stop by for a simple kaapi + snacks. I had a small snacks break and found the place OK.
I knew that the hotel was active, but did not know it was Kamat. Still I would prefere A2B down further compared to Kamat.
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:11   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
KAMAT Lokmat chain has taken (leased) the Restaurant part of it. Its nothing fancy, but a nice place to stop by for a simple kaapi + snacks. I had a small snacks break and found the place OK.
Yes, I saw this place (i.e., the board) last Friday. But didn't see any cars outside.

May be next time, if some decent reviews come in
Old 4th March 2010, 00:30   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava_sr View Post
There is A2B between Hosur and Krishnagiri
I usually visit this place as there is no good option. But i feel that the price is too high and the service is quite poor.
Food also not as tasty as u expect... Moderate...
Old 4th March 2010, 06:34   #24
Team-BHP Support

As mentioned earlier in the topic, the main pain-point is that apart from A2B and A1 Plaza (Now Kamat), there are no other decent hotels on the way. One can go to Saravana Bhavan, but its deep inside Vellore. This is inspite of it being the most driven route.
Old 4th March 2010, 16:12   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
How about Arya Bhavan @ Vellore? It was decent the last time I had there.
I used to have my breakfast in arya bhavan @ vellore while returning back to bangalore.

The quality/service are very good.
Old 8th March 2010, 12:27   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull76 View Post
I used to have my breakfast in arya bhavan @ vellore
You mean Hotel Aryaas I guess. Food is OK, but rest rooms are terrible

Part of the premium I pay for HSB (A/C) is for the toilet.
Old 8th March 2010, 12:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

I found Hotel Deepam after Vellore (somewhere near Pallikonda) quite good.

Saravana Bhavans always charge premium and dont have the taste they used to have a decade back. Not worth it IMHO.
Old 8th March 2010, 16:15   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
I found Hotel Deepam after Vellore (somewhere near Pallikonda) quite good.

Saravana Bhavans always charge premium and dont have the taste they used to have a decade back. Not worth it IMHO.
Is it prominently visible? Did not notice it till date.
Old 8th March 2010, 16:23   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
All prices at the AC restaurant. Tips extra.
HSB prices have sky rocketed. Though we frequent the HSB (3 branches around my place and no other veg alternatives), i never venture into the AC restauratant as its simply not worth it.

Last week we had Pongal in HSB and the quantity would be enough for baby leave out kids.

of late, HSB waiters needs to be tipped in non-ac restaurants as well. It was not a practice to tip at HSB earlier.
Old 8th March 2010, 16:26   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post

of late, HSB waiters needs to be tipped in non-ac restaurants as well. It was not a practice to tip at HSB earlier.
The worst part is that these guys ask for it (or rather demand it). If not given they make all kinds of faces!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks