Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2008, 20:53   #1
BHPian

Bangalore to Japur Road road condition

Hi all,
This is my first query in Team-BHP. I'll be driving to Jajpur Road from Bangalore after 2 weeks. Would appreciate if somebody let me know how the road condition is from Bangalore to Cuttack-> Panikoili-> Jajpur Road.

I'll start from Bannerghatta Road(near IIM). How i'll get the NH-5. I'm planning to start at 5-6AM in the morning. Driving alone and practically how long should it take to reach there? I'll be driving alone and plan is not to stay anywhere ( i mean not in any hotel). I've gone through AK Roy's Travelogue and have route info. However if somebody done this route recently appreciate his/her feedback.

Thanks
Akas
Old 5th December 2008, 19:20   #2
BHPian

Can any body update on this please.
Old 9th December 2008, 16:42   #3
@ri
BHPian

I had done upto Vizag from Vijaya Enclave (Behind IIMB) last october so can help you with the route till there. The route taken was Chittor, Tirupati then join the NH5 at Nayudupeta and continue on. The road is awesome but do beware of cattle crossing the road. another observation, you will hardly find any dhaba's so carry some stuff with you. It is best to halt at Vijayawada on the first day. If you start at 6 AM you should be able to have an early lunch at Tirupati and then by 4 you should be in Vijayawada.
Old 10th December 2008, 00:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Tirthankar's recent (last week) drive from Bangalore to Kolkata in 31 hours is the best reference point on route and road conditions. Roads are improving day by day in Orissa. Sincde you have no plans to stay overnight, you could pace the drive the same way Tirthankar did - say, leaving bangalore by 4 pm, target Orissa border by 12 noon the next day, and Cuttack by 5 pm.
Old 10th December 2008, 10:49   #5
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Tirthankar's recent (last week) drive from Bangalore to Kolkata in 31 hours is the best reference point on route and road conditions. Roads are improving day by day in Orissa. Sincde you have no plans to stay overnight, you could pace the drive the same way Tirthankar did - say, leaving bangalore by 4 pm, target Orissa border by 12 noon the next day, and Cuttack by 5 pm.
Roads are great no doubt but if the Old Madras road is taken and then proceed via Chitoor-Tirupati, I would suggest not to start in the evening cause the road is a two lane and the bus drivers are really rash. I feel that stretch can tire you out completely also notwithstanding the risk of getting pushed out of the road by one of those maniac drivers.

I started at 6 AM and at 8 PM was at Vizag. the last 200 KMS after Rajhmundry, I was fatigued and was actually stretching myself (not a good idea).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks