Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2019, 09:23   #331
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Coorg : Route Queries

Did a Bangalore-Coorg trip over Thurs-Fri. The KRS/SR road which joins NH275 towards Hunsur directly from Srirangapatna is in such a pathetic state that it is better to go via Mysore. Barely any increase in journey time/distance and much better roads.
anandhsub is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 19:47   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Taking the Hassan highway to Coorg if holiday plans work out. Are there any known speed checking points which are known? What is the limit on this highway anyway?
Old 9th September 2020, 20:14   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Are there any known speed checking points which are known? What is the limit on this highway anyway?
Two I have observed 1) Half way between kunigal and yediur. A straight stretch of road which is absolutely inviting. 2) Just before CR Patna bypass.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 21:17   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Taking the Hassan highway to Coorg if holiday plans work out. Are there any known speed checking points which are known? What is the limit on this highway anyway?
None that I have come across in recent past. Whatever you see are basically the Highway Patrol Innovas.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 21:21   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
None that I have come across in recent past. Whatever you see are basically the Highway Patrol Innovas.
There were 3 Interceptors/highway patrols that I observed during the return journey on 6th. All were in the Kunigal - Shantigrama stretch, when heading towards Hassan from Kunigal. All 3 had cars/bikes around them, which i'm assuming they stopped.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 21:24   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
There were 3 Interceptors/highway patrols that I observed during the return journey on 6th. All were in the Kunigal - Shantigrama stretch when headed towards Hassan from Kunigal. All 3 had cars/bikes around them, which i'm assuming they stopped.
Sure but what I have seen are the usual Highway Patrol Innovas and never interceptors. Even at the beginning of Kunigal bypass when driving towards Bangalore one easily gets confused with the Highway Patrol vehicles to Speed interceptors but they are stopping mostly 2 wheelers and cars (without seat belts) and never for overspeeding.

If such was the case, we would have had enough posts on the Mangalore Bangalore thread about their reappearance by now. They of course existed at least 4 years before at strategic locations.

Last edited by paragsachania : 9th September 2020 at 21:27.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 14:28   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking for inputs on current conditions of Arkalgud - Ramanathapura - Kushalnagar route. Last month I had heard that some sections of the road closer to Kushalnagar was affected by excessive rain received in July/Aug.
Old 11th October 2020, 08:20   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Heard you need Covid test report when entering Coorg. Is this true?
Old 11th October 2020, 08:24   #339
Senior - BHPian

Not really Naveen.

Several whom I know have visited / plans of visiting over the past weekends and none spoke about any such requirement.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 10:25   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Heard you need Covid test report when entering Coorg. Is this true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Not really Naveen.
I was in Coorg last weekend and Covid test wasnt necessary. There was 1 report shared by Indian Express on 7th Oct which mentioned that 72 hour Covid negative report might be made mandatory for tourists who plan to stay in homestays in Coorg. However there was no timeline mentioned in the report. I reached out to a couple of homestay owners and they confirmed that they havent recevied any written communincation from local administration.

My suggestion, keep in touch with with homestay/resort you plan to visit and ensure that they havent got any updates from local admininstration.
Old 11th October 2020, 20:50   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looking for inputs on current conditions of Arkalgud - Ramanathapura - Kushalnagar route. Last month I had heard that some sections of the road closer to Kushalnagar was affected by excessive rain received in July/Aug.
Quote:
I was in Coorg last weekend
I am driving to a Gonikoppal homestay over the next week end (with 2 families 3 small children) and looking for inputs as to the best route there. Going there on Friday early morning and return on Sunday.

Planning the Mysore route while going, since its a weekday, I don't expect the weekend type traffic. What is the condition of Mysore road these days? Speed breakers, construction work etc?

And return via Priyapatna, Ramnathpura, Arakalagud, H'Narsipur, CR Patna to Bangalore. Avoiding Mysore road weekend traffic is the reason for this longer detour.

Is this a rationale plan? Or any other suggestions?
Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 23:11   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Avoiding Mysore road weekend traffic is the reason for this longer detour.
Would suggest you stick to Hunsur - Mysore route both ways as Kushalnagar - Ramanathapura is unnecessary detour. If you stay in North/West Bangalore, then take Srirangapatna - Nagamangala - Nelamangala on the the return, else stick to Mysore road as that would be the fastest way to get to South Or East Bangalore.
Old 13th October 2020, 05:18   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
Did a Bangalore-Coorg trip over Thurs-Fri. The KRS/SR road which joins NH275 towards Hunsur directly from Srirangapatna is in such a pathetic state that it is better to go via Mysore. Barely any increase in journey time/distance and much better roads.
Is this road in the same pathetic condition?
Old 13th October 2020, 09:04   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You want to have clean and peaceful roads, a slight detour from where you start shouldn't be an issue and I strongly suggest you take the Hassan highway till Bellur Cross (Nelligere) and reach Srirangapattana via Nagamangala - Pandavapura.

This stretch connecting Hassan highway to Srirangapattana is in prestine condition, widened fully a year before and devoid of much traffic too that it takes just about 60 Km to cover a distance of 65Km of this wide single carriageway road. And once you hit Srirangapattana, all it takes is 12-15 minutes to reach Columbia Asia signal where you turn right onto Mysuru ORR to head towards Ilwala - Hunsur.

Essentially with this, you are assured of clean roads, you get to avoid the Bangalore - Mysore road completely, no messy towns to cross, and above all drive/ride with utmost peace.

Distance wise, it should add anywhere between 25-30Km over the regular route via Maddur - Mandya but one cannot have a cake and eat it too!!
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 10:05   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Hassan highway till Bellur Cross (Nelligere) and reach Srirangapattana via Nagamangala - Pandavapura.
+1 to this as this has been my default route to mysore over the last 3+ years.

Quote:
If your question is on this route from Srirangapatna to Yelawala, I would say that its a mixed bag. Lots of broken sections, crater like potholes, two wheeler traffic and speedbreakers. If you drive a sedan, you might be better off taking mysore ring road.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks