Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2008, 13:59   #1

Route Query: Kunnamkulam to Mangalore

I'm planning a trip from Trivandrum to Kollur (Mookambika Temple). It will be around 24th of Dec. Would like to know about the road conditions from Kunnamkulam to Mangalore. Hope the frequent travelers in this route will enlighten me on this. Based on the present road conditions, which route would be better.

Paravur - Kodungalloor - Chavakkad - Kunnamkulam - Edappal - Kuttipuram or

Paravur - Kodungalloor - Chavakkad - Ponnani - Thavanur - Kuttipuram.
Old 8th December 2008, 14:37   #2
rippergeo

I'm not a frequent traveller on this route anymore. last time I was on this route was august 07.
I prefer the 1st route because it is more direct, the roads are marginally wider. However, please note- traffic is also more in this route.

Old 8th December 2008, 14:41   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I'm not a frequent traveller on this route anymore. last time I was on this route was august 07.
I prefer the 1st route because it is more direct, the roads are marginally wider. However, please note- traffic is also more in this route.
Thanks. I prefer night driving so that I can avoid the nasty private buses in this route. No fear of getting lost as I've both the routes earlier. I haven't travelled in these routes for almost 4 months. So not sure of the road conditions.
Old 9th December 2008, 03:38   #4
BHPian

There would be very less traffic on this route at night and as of 3-4 months back the route till Edappal was good. Had taken it the opposite way when doing a B'lore - Alleppey trip. Have a good trip.
Old 9th December 2008, 08:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

NH17 turns left at Kunnamkulam and goes via Ponnani and rejoins near Valancherry, but you can take the road straight out of Kunnamkulam (State highway) via Edappal and Kuttipuram.

Most Viewed