BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Info Required on : Budget/Economy Lodge in Wayanad

Hi,

We are planning for 3-4 day trip to Wayanad. Apprecaite BHPians for the info on
  1. Good/decent Budget Hotel, where a family can stay comforatably
    • Needs to be near to tourist places
  2. Places to visit, not necessarily all the places
    • Wify and son will not walk more than 500mtrs...
  3. Night driving, leaving bangalore at 11PM or late. How challenging is the ghat section
    • Done good kms of night driving in non ghat sections
    • Confratable in ghat in rain and misk (day time)
    • Not worried about wild animals, however scary of humans driving heavy vehicles in both day and night.
Thanks. I have searched the info in the forums, but I have not come across info on these.

regards,
-manju
Old 8th December 2008, 19:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Woodlands Hotel is decent enough for your needs. It is bang in the middle of Wayanad. You need to drive down to the places of interest though as they are pretty spread out.
Old 8th December 2008, 19:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

1. If you are planning it during the last 2 weeks of December, better book and go there.
2. You can search the travelogue section and I think minimum 5 to 6 should be there.
Since your wifey and kids cant walk some distance, the best bet should be pookate lake, edakal cave. The falls are really good to visit, but its not easy to reach and climb with kids.
3. Night driving - I dont advise. Also, If I remember right, some sections after the Gundalur in the forest area are closed in midnight and opened during the early morning. Better to start around 2 or 3 am. Would be ideal time to reach those forest and high chances for spoting wild life.
Old 8th December 2008, 21:05   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
3. Night driving - I dont advise. Also, If I remember right, some sections after the Gundalur in the forest area are closed in midnight and opened during the early morning. Better to start around 2 or 3 am. Would be ideal time to reach those forest and high chances for spoting wild life.
Does he really need to go to Gudallur? Guess you need to turn right at Gundalpet for Sultan Bathery, the left goes to Gundalpet.

And both roads are not closed at night, will have quite a bit of traffic, and I use those roads in the night more than occasionally.

But, mjothi's idea of a very early start is better, because if you start early, then you will be there early morning, in time for breakfast. Of course, all depending your driving speed.
Old 8th December 2008, 21:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
Does he really need to go to Gudallur? Guess you need to turn right at Gundalpet for Sultan Bathery, the left goes to Gundalpet.

And both roads are not closed at night, will have quite a bit of traffic, and I use those roads in the night more than occasionally.

But, mjothi's idea of a very early start is better, because if you start early, then you will be there early morning, in time for breakfast. Of course, all depending your driving speed.
Oops. You are right. Its Gudalpet. Ok, I was told by some shopkeepers [just before the entering the forest when coming from Wayanad] that its closed during midnight. May be he was not sure.
Old 8th December 2008, 21:15   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Oops. You are right. Its Gudalpet.
I think it is Gundalpet. And not Gundalur, it is probably Gudallur.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks