Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 16:10   #1
@ri
BHPian

Bangalore - Munnar in Dec

A friend of mine is planning to drive down to Munnar this month and was wondering if the road would be good to drive. Maybe Bangalore-Krishnagiri-Salem-Coimbatore-Munnar a dist of about 580 km would be the best. Just wondering on quality of road in the Dharmapuri-Salem sector and Cimbatore-Munnar sector. Please suggest probable routes
Old 9th December 2008, 16:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
A friend of mine is planning to drive down to Munnar this month and was wondering if the road would be good to drive. Maybe Bangalore-Krishnagiri-Salem-Coimbatore-Munnar a dist of about 580 km would be the best. Just wondering on quality of road in the Dharmapuri-Salem sector and Cimbatore-Munnar sector. Please suggest probable routes
Pls search for appropriate threads and travelogues. THere are a plenty for Munnar.
first thing to be done is to avoid Salem route.
take the Thoppur -Mettur - Bhavani route

Abhi
Old 9th December 2008, 17:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

One thing i can say for sure is that the Route till Salem will be fast and equally discouraging will be route from Salem to coimbatore... so better avoid this by sticking to the Tamilnadu road till as late as possible and then enter Kerala PWD roads ... happy motoring !

This will be case especially if you decide to drive during the peak hours ... driving within kerala during peak hours can slow you down beyond your wildest dreams so be warned !

Last edited by hellstar : 9th December 2008 at 17:37.
Old 10th December 2008, 19:11   #4
Sha
BHPian

Anybody recently has gone to munnar from bangalore, i need road condition status from perundari to munnar via udmalipettai.
And also from theni via dindigul to munnar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks