Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2008, 13:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

Sultanpur bird sanctuary, Gurgaon - route info needed.

I am planning a family trip to Sultanpur bird sanctuary.
I have not been able to know the route of this place, its not available in any of the internet maps or even in Google earth. My understanding is that coming towards Rajiv chowk from IFFCO Chown on NH8, one has to take left turn from Rajiv chowk towards badshahpur. And then go straight. But i have also heard that its the other way around, that is to take right from Rajiv chowk and go straight.
Can anyone please let me know the detailed route from IFFCO Chowk/NH 8? Also, what should one carry, any tips etc.

Thanks

Last edited by DCEite : 14th December 2008 at 13:45.
Old 14th December 2008, 14:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

How about trying this - MapmyIndia - maps, directions, and local search across India - just search, print and go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I am planning a family trip to Sultanpur bird sanctuary.
I have not been able to know the route of this place, its not available in any of the internet maps or even in Google earth. My understanding is that coming towards Rajiv chowk from IFFCO Chown on NH8, one has to take left turn from Rajiv chowk towards badshahpur. And then go straight. But i have also heard that its the other way around, that is to take right from Rajiv chowk and go straight.
Can anyone please let me know the detailed route from IFFCO Chowk/NH 8? Also, what should one carry, any tips etc.

Thanks
Old 14th December 2008, 14:51   #3
BHPian

mapmyindia shows this west of gurgaon, and also provides a route. Not sure if its the best.
Old 14th December 2008, 21:06   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
...that is to take right from Rajiv chowk and go straight...
Also, what should one carry, any tips etc.
That's the one. Take right from Rajiv Chowk and go straight. You'll likely pass a local village and then come on to the place - don't have to turn anywhere. It's a single lane road.

Carry your own water though, and of course, binoculars. Enjoy!
Old 14th December 2008, 21:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps you'd like to consider the Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary? Better, IMO.
Old 14th December 2008, 23:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

arre yaar. pehle toh iska achaar daalo: (Yahoo! India Maps)!

mujhe ping/call kar dete. hudd ho gayi all over the place, every one is. anup ji - 20 vs 200km mein lotsa difference -
Firstly the route that goes through Rajiv chowk or anywhere else psases through sadar, not the best idea IMO.

The one I loved, is basically taking a left (going to IFFCO) at HH Chowk (today involves a long detour for U turn from IFFCO side), then going straight for 2-3km, then you will see a bridge being made (from what I recall last year). take left, cross it, then straight past that, over the railway crossing and another 10-15km will take you there.

So my useless memory tells - or you could wait till sat morning, and I might just go there

Birds wise, its good for tp, but Okhla is better. For family trip, Botanix da jawaab nahin (just 200m short of Damdama lake, on the right side). PM me if you wanna discuss more

Most Viewed