Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2022, 14:22   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Aurangabad (Ajanta - Ellora - Lonar - Daulatabad) : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishchugh View Post
Anyone has any view on Karnataka - Maharashtra border situation (Vijayapura - Solapur NH52).
If in worst case we are blocked, is there any alternate road towards Aurangabad?
The border between Vijayapura and Sholapur is less tensed compared to the border between Kagal and Belgaum due to the fact that the winter session of Karnataka parliament has started in Belgaum and hence the topic has got heated even more.

Also, there hasn't been any instances where private cars were either stopped or attacked and the "protestors" mostly target Govt transport buses. So, you shouldn't really worry for the route that you are taking.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 13:41   #92
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Aurangabad (Ajanta - Ellora - Lonar - Daulatabad) : Route Queries

Is Hospet to Dhule doable in a day? Any section need to avoid or take extra care?
Gmaps suggested route is through Kannad Ghat, anything of concern here?
Old 13th June 2023, 10:34   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
Is Hospet to Dhule doable in a day?
Kannad and Chalisgaon-Dhule are best done in day. Till Kannad town, roads are fully 4-laned. Budget 4-5 hours to negotiate the ghat and Chalisgaon-Dhule.

Two times I drove, I crossed Kannad town at 3 pm and entered AB Road (NH3) around 7 pm.

An alternative I can think is to take the Samruddhi Mahamarg till Kopargaon/Sinnar and join NH3 at Malegaon/Nasik respectively and continue towards Dhule.

It will take 1:00 hr for Shirdi and 1:45 hr to Sinnar exit from Fatiyabad exit.
Old 13th June 2023, 11:01   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Kannad and Chalisgaon-Dhule are best done in day. Till Kannad town, roads are fully 4-laned. Budget 4-5 hours to negotiate the ghat and Chalisgaon-Dhule.
Thank you. The distance from Kannad to Dhule is some 90kms and it may take 4-5 hours? Is the road in that section that bad?

I was assuming that by starting by 5 am from Hospet, I can be at Dhule by the late evening.
Old 13th June 2023, 15:33   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
The distance from Kannad to Dhule is some 90kms and it may take 4-5 hours? Is the road in that section that bad?
The entire route starting from Chitradurga is a busy trucking corridor. While the rest of the corridor is 4-laned. The Kannad ghat is the narrowest. One small accident and the entire movement stalls. Both times I ran into 3 hour delays at the ghat alone.

Once down the ghat, you have 80 km of 2-lane road with heavy truck traffic. I was lucky enough to negotiate it by sundown, so I had taken 1.5 hours.

The Chalisgaon-Dhule section is being widened, not sure of current progress.

Taking the right into NH3 is another story, took us 30 mins each time.

Quote:
I was assuming that by starting by 5 am from Hospet, I can be at Dhule by the late evening.
5 am Hospet means 8 am Bijapur 930 am Solapur bypass, 100 pm Aurangabad. Add a lunch break, I expect you'll be on the ghat by 430 pm. Being summer, you would get sunlight till about 7 pm change.

My last drive was November 2020. I haven't driven on it since, due to the unpredictability it brings.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks